LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-10-18, 2:41pm
ninja thread killer

Default Bead pens - does anyone still make them for customers?

I havent' seen any talk about them in forever. I've been using one of mine alot lately and got to wondering if they still sell. Regardless, I want to make some more for me and for gifts.

If you're still making them, what seller do you buy your pen blanks from?

Isn't there an 'original' bead pen?
Old 2012-10-20, 3:57am

Are you talking about the beadable pens? I thought they were beautiful and got quite a few for my business and while customers pick them up and say how much they like them, they don't seem to like them enough to buy them. I have quit a few blanks left over in assorted colors. If you are interested, I could go over what I have left and either sell/trade for them.

Beaded Chic

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-10-20, 4:38am

I used to get blanks from McDuck and Karen Thomas.....I too found people love them but don't buy them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-10-20, 8:12am
Sarah Jane's grandma

It's interesting how my sales have been with the bead pens. I'd made up twenty or so about four years years ago. I had them at every show I did and everyone liked them.I had numerous comments on how cool, beautiful, etc they were. I didn't sell a single one. I really felt like I'd wasted my time with them. Then last year, they suddenly became popular. People were commenting on them and actually buying them. It was the weirdest thing. I've sold them all, and need to make some more actually.

Old 2012-10-22, 10:58pm

Hi, I've done only 3 small craft shows, but sold pens at every one of them, plus quite a few to friends/coworkers. I charged $30-35 per pen. The metal pens are gorgeous, but so heavy once the glass beads are added that everyone said they were just too heavy to use. I bought the wooden (maple and walnut) pens that used to be available at the Bead Peddler, etc., but cannot find them anywhere anymore.
Cheryl
Old 2012-10-23, 5:13am
Wyoming Silvers

Didn't really sell for me either..maybe over the holidays.....

Lovin my Lynx with M20
Old 2012-10-23, 7:36pm

I actually have a customer that buys beadsto make the beadable pens. She has a shop on Etsy that is all beadable pens and seems to do quite well

Old 2012-10-23, 9:15pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I always buy my bead pen blanks from Mark at BeadPens.com. Good product, great colors, and he sells lots of other beadables too.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2012-10-24, 7:05am

Smile 22 colors of patented beadpens available

We now have 22 colors of beadpens available. We recently added five new colors - Berry, Fuschia, periwinkle blue, Yellow and Shiny Gold. We now also have 3 matching colors for the letter openers - Shiny Gold, Shiny Silver and Gunmetal. We sell wholesale and retail. www.beadpens.com or call anytime 314-610-2717.
Old 2012-10-27, 8:54am

Delphi has blank bead pens.