Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-05-29, 4:51am
Common Lurker

Teresa Silbert (Hobo Glass) and I will be sharing booth #1140 again this year! Can't wait... we're almost there!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-06-01, 4:19am

I'm headed over for the weekend. See you there!

Old 2010-06-02, 1:47pm

Default Quick question...

Does GTT attend Bead and Button??? Are there ever any used GTT torches for sale at Bead and Button? I am looking for a GTT cricket and thought maybe if they used some for demonstrations, etc, could get a deal on one... I cannot attend, but was just wondering if they even attended...

Wish I could go, but sadly, not able to this year.....

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 2010-06-02, 1:51pm
Meow.

GTT has not been a vendor at B&B to date...and I doubt they will be this year. If one of the classes was using GTTs you may be able to get one for a discount, but I think most - if not all - of the classes use Minors. Not sure why I think that - I've personally never taken a class at B&B.

Go on. Click it!

Yes. We. Did!
Old 2010-06-03, 6:23pm
Covered in glitter

The classes use Minors or MiniCCs. If you're interested in one of those get ahold of Arrow Springs. They do all the set up for the torching classes.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2010-06-04, 9:42am
Wild at Heart!

I will be there with Marion Ogle (M&D) we are in booth 1246! I can't wait to meet some of you. I hope you stop by and say HI!!

??
Old 2010-06-04, 12:04pm
no more

Oh, btw. There will be Hellcats in Doug R's classes.
Contact ABR if you want a good deal on those.

Old 2010-06-05, 6:05am
Fusing Glass

Dont forget to stop in and say hi to me! It is only Daphne and I this year so I wont be able to get out of the booth. And Actually I could use some helpers if anyone is interested!
Old 2010-06-05, 7:45am
Harold Williams Cooney

see you there!!!!

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2010-06-06, 12:51pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

I wish!! Good luck everyone with your sales and happy shopping to those that are looking!

Ebay:
Old 2010-06-07, 11:39am

Hope you all have a wonderful show!!

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-06-09, 12:06am
Hello?

Barry and I will be there booth 413. We'll have a varied selection of shards with us as well as loose beads and pendants etc..

Can't wait to see everyone!

Old 2010-06-09, 5:29am
Fusing Glass

Hey Joe, I am so glad you got in!!!!!! We leave tomorrow morning,see you there!
-Mary
Old 2010-06-09, 12:30pm

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Hopeful Journeys View Post
Is there any way to arrange a dinner night out? I will have a car. Would love to meet up with some of you!
Hi Deb, there are MANY good restaurants in walking distance of the center! No need for a car. Just follow the other beady folks, they'll guide you well.

I won't be selling this year, but my good buddy, JEFF BARBER will be in my old booth, #1231. Be sure to stop to say Hi to him and see his gorgeous work. He's one of those beadmakers that just touches glass and it melts into gold.......

Old 2010-06-11, 5:54am

Went to a great little Italian place on 3rd.
We will try to make it to the German restaurants further down 3rd one night. The locals said that there are a couple down there that have been in operation for over 100 years. Great town. Great Show.
Geneva
Old 2010-06-13, 6:15am
Still makin' flowers...

I'm having a wonderful show. I hope everyone else had a fabulous time.

I made it to the Toho party & the Bead Social, but missed the Meet the Teachers and ISGB Gathering.

Still have a few beadies left. I'm pulling out a few more today to beef up my display, check the self-promo thread for last-day-of-show specials.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2010-06-13, 7:21am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWCGlass View Post
see you there!!!!

OMG, this is un-freakin-believable!!!!! I remember reading about how many beads you've made, but seeing it is just incredible.

Old 2010-06-13, 5:57pm
sunscreen me baby

It was pretty impressive Ginny.

I was right across from your beadies Sheila! OMG, I was completely enthralled with the animal beads. Whose were those? She does amazing things.

~

Old 2010-06-16, 7:10am

Hi all,
I saw a booth at Bead and Button that didn't appear to have any bead or art stuff in it, just sunglasses and fake pashminas. What's next, wigs and designer knockoff purses? I have already emailed the show about it, but if anybody else saw it and can help me nail down the booth's location at the show I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kim VanAntwerp

[/size]
Old 2010-06-16, 9:03am
sunscreen me baby

I saw that too! It didn't quite register until later so I'm no help on where they were.

~

Old 2010-06-16, 9:58am
Mr. Cellophane

Great time, met great people, Hi Kim (the best booth mate ever!)
I will be honest to say the show was bad for sales. Every single person in our quad had one of the worst shows ever. On Sunday the sales were scary slow. Some people made about $60.00 total for the day. Several big name bead makers are not coming back and did not turn in their contracts. Some people did great but it seemed a majority of the glass bead artist did not do so well. I will be back but to teach only. I did not turn in my contract.
A good show is not to meet your expenses but to MAKE money. After flight, hotel, booth fee, electric, food, cost of goods, time making your beads, I think I lost money, and I drove and had a place to stay.

Libby

Old 2010-06-16, 10:05am
Broken

I had a blast, but how can you not with so much going on!

I did ok sales wise, it was my first year so I didn't expect much and was pleasantly surprised. I do wish there was more time for visiting. I felt like I never got a decent visit in with a lot of people. Libby and Suzy included

I was very impressed with the show overall, very easy to set up and take down. Lots going on to keep buyers there, the show staff is amazing!

Old 2010-06-16, 10:33am
Bonkers about glass.....

I am sorry some of you guys had a poor show. It was my third attendance (not as a vendor), and the lampwork beads were amazing! My jaw was draggin on the ground that first evening.

On a personal level I had the best time ever. I did all the classes I could fit in and everyone of them was fantastic, I could barely keep my eyes open at the end. I met up with old friends and made new ones.

Like Nicker said, there wasn't enough time! I'll be back, but probably not for the next show. I always seem to go over budget with all the amazing things on offer that I have to have. Once the evil plastic comes out, whispering seductively "use me", I'm done for.
Old 2010-06-16, 2:35pm

I don't know if I could resist coming to the show if I can at all swing it. Trying to figure out a class to propose so I can teach and earn some extra bucks. Libby was a big help with that!
Hi Libby, hey I can see you, you may have to change your tagline!
Kim

[/size]
Old 2010-06-16, 7:45pm
Hello?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justK View Post
Hi all,
I saw a booth at Bead and Button that didn't appear to have any bead or art stuff in it, just sunglasses and fake pashminas. What's next, wigs and designer knockoff purses? I have already emailed the show about it, but if anybody else saw it and can help me nail down the booth's location at the show I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
Kim VanAntwerp
Are you serious! That is very sad. I thought I hit every isle but I must have missed this booth.