No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2010-04-26, 4:58pm

Default 2011 Orange County Mable Show in So. Calif

Hello everyone!!!!!

I am happy to announce the 2011 Orange County Marble Show in Southern California that will be on the third Saturday in March (March 19th, 2011).

I am just back from meeting with the hotel (same location as the 2010 marble Show) and set the date so it doesn't conflict with other marble shows (I hope).

I'll post the particular information about the show and how to rent a table or attend the show in later posts.

I just HAD to let you all know as soon as I could!

I hope to see you there as the last show was such a blast!

Rich

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-04-28, 9:30pm
A Splash o' Glass

Wow Rich! I'm impressed. Booking again for next year already! I wish I could be so organized. I had a good time at the show and you can count me in again to show. Now I have a whole year to create more than 6 marbles of my own and learn about my DH's vintage marbles to include in the show!

Old 2010-05-03, 9:42am

How fun Barb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More info later too!

Old 2010-05-03, 10:48am

Knock, knock - Donna - you there?...lol

Old 2010-05-04, 8:26pm

It’s that time again!

The 2011, fifth annual, Orange County Marble Show in Southern California.

Below is the information on the flier that will be advertised:
Antique and Contemporary Art Glass Marbles

March 19, 2011

At the
Anaheim Park Hotel
222 W. Houston Ave.
Fullerton, Ca.

For room reservations, Call…
Phone – (714) 992-1700

Open from 9:00 to 4:00 on Saturday, March 19, 2011
($5 admission, parking is free!)
In-room trading begins on Wednesday, March 16, 2011, 4th floor

For more information, contact Rich Shelby
richshelby@ca.rr.com
951 212 4435

This year please notice the time change for the public to join in on the fun. We’ll have the show an hour longer! Set-up will start at 7:30am and the public will enter at 9am until 4pm! We’ll need to be cleaned up and out of the big room by 5pm.

The Center Room + the North Hall will be the location of the vendor tables like last year. The floor is going to be 1,540 sq. feet of space for all of us. There will be 43 tables. I am taking tables 1 and 25 because I need to be by the entry door to assist my with the entrance area. I also had 6 people watching security that no one knew about. The had overlapping shifts and acted like shoppers just in case of “sticky-hands.” Fortunately, I didn’t have any vendor tell me of any problems but it doesn’t hurt to have them watching anyway and I’ll plan on “silent eyes” this year too. I need to know if you have a special request for a specific table or tables. Let me know as soon as you can so I can start assigning your locations. I try to keep vintage marble sellers in the middle portions of the room as best as I can (tables 26 through 43).

The table fee remains the same, $50 per table and I arranged that each table is 6 feet by 30 inches in size. The hotel will provide a table cover and skirt. I’ll make labels with vendor’s names on them for the public to know whom you are – I want this show to have personal touches. I received SO many positive comments from the general public on how nice you all were with the kids – you made them VERY happy – thanks!

I have been in contact with the hotel and the room rates will stay the same as last year, $79 + 10% tax. If you decide to stay there, the room trading will start on March 16th (Wednesday) through the 18th (Friday). The hospitality room will be room 402 like last year. It is VERY important that you make room plans AT LEAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE THE SHOW as March is one of their busiest months and they can’t guarantee you a room IF you wait too long. Of course I’ll try my best to assist you, but ultimately, the hotel does the room assignments. If there is a room you want and someone hasn’t asked for it on the 4th floor, I can make sure you will get that specific room. I have my list from last year that people requested specific rooms and the hotel would make that happen.

The lunch will stay the same price, $10, and the same choices (ham, turkey, beef) will be available BUT this year, I’ll need to know which sandwich you’d like as the caterer wants a guess of how many of what kind of meat to cook. Please pay for the lunch at the show – all I need is an estimate for the caterer.

I would like you to wear a name badge that I am making so the general public sees the show in a more personal way. I will have them ready for you at the show.

I am sure you have people that follow your sales by buying items from you – your “following” so to speak. I highly encourage you to contact these people and encourage them to stop at the show and check things out. The more of us that help spread the word about the show, the more chance of sales for everyone. If anyone would like to have some advertising sheets I made for the show, please let me know and I’ll send you some as in WORD file.

Many people like the Anaheim area because of all the family things that are available. I feel that this location is best overall because of all the fun things you can do! Also, there are two airports equidistant from the hotel (Ontario and John Wayne).

Here are some choices for you to investigate:

1) Disneyland – 800 MICKEY-1 or Disneyland.com

2) Knott’s – 714 220 5200

3) Medieval Times – 888 935 6878 or medievaltimes.com

4) Pirate’s Dinner Adventure – 866 439 2469 or piratesdinneradventure.com

5) Antique and Retro Shopping – shoppersmap.com

6) Fullerton dining and entertainment – fullertonchamber.com

7) Anaheim GardenWalk – 714 635 7410 or anaheimgardenwalk.com

Old 2010-05-19, 8:57pm
Karved Kati

Count Brian and I in for another table...we had a blast in 2010...2011 is gonna rock!!

GlassHive Kiln/Barracuda Torch/EX2000
Old 2010-05-31, 8:13pm

I put you two down on the reservation list. Thanks!!!