Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2012-01-08, 10:34pm
A Splash o' Glass

Default Glass Craft & Bead Expo in Vegas!

http://glasscraftexpo.com/
Love this show! Who's going? Showing, taking classes or just shopping and enjoying the weekend? Looking at the class list tonight. I'd like to show but haven't done much torching this past year. There's such a variety of classes it's hard to choose which one to take. Either way I always love this show. Must make my hotel reservations soon.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-01-08, 10:42pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Dh and I are going! We are just going for the shopping part but I'm totally looking forward to it! We have had our flight and hotel since not long after the dates were announced. I wish it was further into the year tho cause it will be cold and living in florida I'm cold at the slightest drop in temps.....LOL
I always look forward to walking around and meeting peeps from LE.
Sue

Old 2012-01-09, 12:38am
"Sinners have soul too"

Jeff and I are going again... no classes though. I was disappointed the last 2 I took so I wil save my dollars and just buy *stuff*. I always find something to buy.

Old 2012-01-09, 9:08am
Bigger, longer, and uncut

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassymom View Post
Dh and I are going! We are just going for the shopping part but I'm totally looking forward to it! We have had our flight and hotel since not long after the dates were announced. I wish it was further into the year tho cause it will be cold and living in florida I'm cold at the slightest drop in temps.....LOL
I always look forward to walking around and meeting peeps from LE.
Sue
I was a vendor last year. One day the outside temperature was about 90. That was a bit of a fluke, but in general it should be warm.

Old 2012-01-09, 9:28am

I am! I am! - I signed up for Sue Ellen's Off Hand glass blowing boro sculpture class and Peggy's VERRE’ EGLOMISE class - I can't wait!

I also usually hit the exhibition hall on Sat before heading home just to see what items are on a show sale that I cant live without. Most everyone there are the same vendors I buy from online so its a win win.

I have yet to make the Dinner on Sat night and have always wondered if I am missing the boat for not going....

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2012-01-09 at 9:31am.
Old 2012-01-09, 9:01pm
A Splash o' Glass

I'm still thinking of taking a class again, but the lighting in there is so horrible. The classes I've taken were all fantastic...Josh Mazet, Leah Fairbanks and Deb Crowley. Maybe I'll take a class on marketing or something that's not hands on. I can always take the hands on glass classes at The Mandrel so it's not a big deal to miss them in Vegas. Or maybe I'll do a fusing class. Or maybe just hang out a the show and by the pool. Did that 2 years ago and just loved getting away and relaxing and hanging out with good friends. Whatever I do, I'm off to make a hotel reservation now before I forget.

Old 2012-01-09, 9:21pm
A Splash o' Glass

Hotel reservation done. Now to decide what to enter into the Gallery of Excellence should I decide to enter again. Have ideas running through my mind. Stiff competition there so I need to make it right. Aaack, the pressure!

Old 2012-01-09, 9:27pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I have some of the "parts" for submitting something... I just need to figure out what to do with them...

Old 2012-01-10, 8:00pm
A Splash o' Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I have some of the "parts" for submitting something... I just need to figure out what to do with them...
Can't wait to see what you do! Between your beads and silversmithing I'm sure you'll do something awesome. Wish I knew silversmithing to make something really unique. Going up on Thursday so let me know if you want me to hand deliver yours. I could meet you somewhere the weekend before or sooner to get yours if you want me to do that. Still seems like a long time away but the days get shorter and shorter for me.

Old 2012-01-10, 8:02pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I've got someone lined up to take my piece for me but thanks anyway Barb!

I'm startin' to feel the pressure, you're the second person to say almost exactly that...

Old 2012-01-11, 1:20am

I will be there selling again this year. I really wanted to take Sue Ellens class but finances dictate otherwise. I would like to suggest taking a portable Ott light for your class it really helped me last year. Drop by and say hi everyone.
Jodie

Worlds in miniature a passion for murrini - Jodie McDougall
Old 2012-01-11, 10:19am
Queen Bee

Is this a big show? I'm not familiar with it and wondering if it's worth a trip out there. 'Course, Vegas is never a bad idea .............

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2012-01-12, 9:46pm
A Splash o' Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
Is this a big show? I'm not familiar with it and wondering if it's worth a trip out there. 'Course, Vegas is never a bad idea .............
IMO it's a great show. It has glass for every genre. Cold, warm and hot glass. Amazing work to be seen and an outstanding line up of classes. I don't think you would be disappointed and of course it is Vegas. You have quite a way to travel but I'm sure you will have fun. Last year I went to a bull riding competition at the South Point Hotel. That was a fun venture and didn't even have to leave "home" for the weekend. Great hotel and plenty of restaurants too. Hope to meet you there!

Old 2012-01-13, 1:08pm
tweetysweetie

I started a thread about GlassCraft Expo last month but placed it in the Classes, Retreats etc. forum...I'm going to repost it here.

The booklets have now been mailed out for this fabulous venue and learning experience, class registrations are ongoing everyday.

More information can be obtained by visiting http://www.GlasscraftExpo.com
Patty, the event co-ordinator will be more than happy to sign you up or answer any questions.

There are sooooooo many classes that everyone should be able to find something that interests them...look over the roster listings...always a great selection of products from the vendors that are in attendance..

I invite instructors of GCE to post their comments/promote their classes in this thread and for anyone interested in classes/more info to post questions here.

The below is consolidated info for my classes only, feel free to email or pm me with questions/info for them..

Beadmaking for Beginners - class is filled and is now "wait listed"
http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/classl...earch=HG-WE-64

Beyond the Basic Bead - class is filled and is now "wait listed"
http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/classl...earch=HG-TH-64

From the Garden to the Sea - class is filled and is now "wait listed"
http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/classl...earch=HG-FR-64

Wonderful Whimsicals..sculptural *6
http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/classl...earch=HG-SA-64

Instructor Bio, Catharine Weaver
http://www.glasscraftexpo.com/instructor_bios.php

* available seats

Last edited by FiredDesires; 2012-02-12 at 5:08pm.
Old 2012-01-18, 12:03pm
Sam I Am

I copied my post from the Classes area
The Thursday class is full but you can get on the waiting list.

Nina "Sam" Hibler- that's me
Will be teaching the following classes at Glass Craft Expo in Vegas this spring

Wednesday March 28 JUICY GLASS BERRIES (HG-WE-61)

Thursday March 29 TWIST AND SHOUT – LATTICINO BEADS (HG-TH-61)

Friday March 30 DAY OF THE DEAD BEADS OR HAPPY SKULLS (HG-FR-61)

Saturday March 31 FIESTA BEADS (HG-SA-61)

the links should take you to the classes descriptions and sign up links
Hope to see you in Vegas. If you have any questions about these workshops please PM or email me.

Sam

Old 2012-02-12, 5:11pm
tweetysweetie

Good grief, I just realized none of my links were working this last several weeks for info on these classes......oops. Think I have them fixed now, however there are only openings left in the Saturday class, Wonderful Whimsicals..if you'd like to take a fun filled and fast paced class, grab a seat while you can. This is going to be the last year that I'm offering this sculptural class. pm or email me for more info if interested.

Old 2012-03-07, 7:41am

Anyone received their badges and class registrations yet? Just curious since we are like 2 weeks out.... Getting excited for this years events!
Old 2012-03-15, 7:43am

Default Extreme oxygen at vegas

Extreme Oxygen will see you in Vegas, order your equipment now pick up at the show!
Old 2012-03-15, 9:46am
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Man, I wish I could go this year! I missed last year, but it was for a good cause. This year is just because of lack of funds because of the lawsuit from TX. Hoping that will be over soon, so that I can go next year! GGGGGRRRRRRRRR! I'm so tired of this and I really wanted to be able to take some classes and stock up on stuff for the RBOGs and other fundraisers. I think I'll go kick something!! Y'all have fun and enjoy everything for me, too...okay? (pout!)

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2012-03-16, 8:29am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, Tillie, I am sorry! I will try and enjoy some of it for you once I get my 4 days of teaching done I can shop!
Hugs and good wishes it is over for you soon!
deb

Old 2012-03-16, 1:04pm
tweetysweetie

Hi ya Deb! Looking forward to seeing you girl! whoohooooooo

Old 2012-03-19, 9:12pm
A Splash o' Glass

I also look forward to seeing you again Deb! I'll probably only be there on Thursday & Friday but I'll try to find you between your classes to say hi!

Old 2012-03-19, 9:24pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Barb! What time are you leaving on Friday? I'm not getting there till Friday.

Old 2012-03-20, 7:21am
Sam I Am

Started packing yesterday.
The tools are ready to pack. The class outlines are printed.
I'm packing a suitcase in my suitcase to fill up with goodies for the studio.
Can wait to see everyone.
Sam

Old 2012-03-20, 8:59pm
A Splash o' Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
Barb! What time are you leaving on Friday? I'm not getting there till Friday.
Not sure yet. I plan on hitting the showroom floor early on Friday when it opens. Then driving down to Laughlin to meet some friends for the weekend. I'll probably miss you in Vegas but I will be at the meeting at your studio this Saturday.

Old 2012-03-20, 9:03pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbbeads View Post
Not sure yet. I plan on hitting the showroom floor early on Friday when it opens. Then driving down to Laughlin to meet some friends for the weekend. I'll probably miss you in Vegas but I will be at the meeting at your studio this Saturday.
Laughlin and friends is good too! See you Saturday =)

Old 2012-03-21, 11:50am
Certified Thread Killer

I get to go!

The last time I went I didn't even know what a "lampwork" was, after attending I still didn't know…lampwork came along over a year later.

Been cheated out of going one way or another ever since.

Now I'm happy to be going browsing/shopping and knowing what the hell I'm looking for and a little bit of what I'm talking about.

I'm so stoked!

I will be there with another spend-more-than-she-needs-to friend on Friday ready to break the door down!
Old 2012-03-22, 7:40pm
tweetysweetie

If anyone is going and still hasn't decided on what classes they'll be taking, I need 2 more people in my Saturday class, Wonderful Whimsicals. You can sign up for many classes on site after arrival ... just inquire at the sign in desk on classes that don't say sold out on the board. Look forward to seeing everyone....travel safely

Old 2012-03-23, 9:51am
Sam I Am

Well while we are talking clases. I've got some room in my Wednesday March 28 JUICY GLASS BERRIES (HG-WE-61) and Saturdays class Fiesta Beads So if you are looking a class or on a wait list for another class and can't get in. I've got plenty of glass for us to melt! So like Fired Desires said you can sign up when you get there or ahead to make sure you have a spot.
Lots of great Teachers this year! And it's Vegas!

Old 2012-03-25, 11:52am

Uh oh, still room?! When I signed up, I was just planning on taking fusing classes (my business and money maker). Since then I've started lampworking and you guys are tempting me. Wonder if I can convince my business partner that this will contribute to our bottom line somehow?