Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2008-03-28, 3:20pm
Cats & Glass!

Here's a link to our class! http://beadandbuttonshow.stores.yahoo.net/b08792.html

Janelle

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebay -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2008-03-28, 5:03pm

I have to confess - the first time I went to Bead and Button (and I LIVE in Milwaukee area!!) I bought my first artist made bead from Nancy Tobey!! I stood and chatted with the lady in the booth who was wrapping up my purhcase and only at the end of the transaction realized it was NANCY herself!! What a dork I was

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancytobey View Post
I will be there - but will be behind my booth the whole time (#40. I do hope to meet some of you in person (barb logan!) and Merilee - I hope you will have a chance to come by and say hi! You will absolutely LOVE Stephanie and Dustins class!
Nancy

and also ......
Old 2008-03-29, 9:32am

I'm going, with a local fellow beadmaker. We are just coming to shop. I think we get in Thursday and leave late Sat. Going to fly to Chicago and take the train to Milwaukee. I am just hoping my back will hold out until then. I had a spinal fusion a year ago Feb. I just learned I have to have another one very depressing, but I want to hold out until the B&B is over since I've never been to one. We are just going to shop and I will bring my walker....now that should be a pretty sight. Maybe I will decorate it with beads !!

Old 2008-03-29, 9:37am
Fusing Glass

Hey Harriet stop by and say hello! Booth 207, I plan on having a special LE % off certif for B&B after I get my ad on here.

And very sorry to hear you have to get another fusion. Cant they use an artificial disk at all or is there not enough bone to mount it to?
Old 2008-03-29, 2:56pm

Hey Cheeky Monkey - you are not a dork!! And, if you can believe it - I think I actually remember you from that purchase! Please come by and say hi this year!
nancy
Old 2008-03-29, 4:20pm
Fusing Glass

Hey Nancy, what booth are you in? you gave it to us but it has a smiley face with sunglasses on it instead of a number!
Old 2008-03-29, 6:09pm

Hi,
I am going to be there again this year. I am on the Australian booth again (way down the back) but there are less of us this year.
(I have to come back as I owe Mary a gizillion beads from a swap we did last year- at least that's my excuse.)
I am doing the Kate Fowle Meleny class.
Just out of interest Janelle and Mary, how are you getting set up if you are taking a class on thursday? I would love to do a thursday class except for the time restraints.
regards, another Wendy.
www.beargaminbears.com
Old 2008-03-29, 6:50pm
Newfoundland lover!

Douglas- looks like they are "teaching "a their class on thurs., not taking one.

Mary & Janelle-I am all signed up for a class on thurs but maybe I'll change...Looks great
Old 2008-03-29, 7:30pm

I've always dreamed of going and this year, I'm finally doing it!

My all glass schedule:
Wed 6/4 8 - 3 Solid Ornaments
Wed Night - Teacher's Meet and Greet...7p - ?

Thrusday 6/5 8-3 No More Round Dots

Friday 6/6 1 - 4 Intermediate Fish
Friday 5 -8 Fused Photo Pendant
Friday Night 8:30 - 10 Lampwork Madness

Saturday 6/7 9 - 5 Italian glass Stringers
Saturday night 7:30 - 11 Bead Social & Auction

Sunday 6/8 9 - 4 Silver Luster Beads
Sunday night flight home.

Whew! How's that for a whirlwind week???

Holly

Old 2008-03-29, 9:50pm
Fusing Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Hi,
I am going to be there again this year. I am on the Australian booth again (way down the back) but there are less of us this year.
(I have to come back as I owe Mary a gizillion beads from a swap we did last year- at least that's my excuse.)
I am doing the Kate Fowle Meleny class.
Just out of interest Janelle and Mary, how are you getting set up if you are taking a class on thursday? I would love to do a thursday class except for the time restraints.
regards, another Wendy.
www.beargaminbears.com
WOOOT WOOOT Cant wait to see you! oh I forgot about my beadies from you!

We are teaching a class together, thanks to Janelle! We will be all set up by wednesday night and if not, my daughter will be there to finish a little up for us and we will have a lunch break too, but I am certain we willbe done! I wont have my other right arm this year Julz, that is a huge loss she is absolutely fantastic in my booth! so we may be a little sluggish LOL
Old 2008-03-29, 9:52pm
Fusing Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by merigypsy View Post
Douglas- looks like they are "teaching "a their class on thurs., not taking one.

Mary & Janelle-I am all signed up for a class on thurs but maybe I'll change...Looks great
ssssshhhhhh dont tell anyone, but I am giving to the students 40% off coupons to come shop at my booth after the class. shhhhhh its a secret
Old 2008-03-29, 11:54pm

Hmmm, me and my big mouth!
So why is the fair Julz not coming!?
I have a usb full of photos for her from the workshop we took together last year.
Old 2008-03-30, 5:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDuck View Post
Hey Nancy, what booth are you in? you gave it to us but it has a smiley face with sunglasses on it instead of a number!
Hi Mary - its booth 408 - it keeps coming up with a smiley face - that should tell you something about me! Hey, I got one of your rings from Heather Trimlett - its wonderful!
Nancy
Old 2008-03-30, 7:02am

I'll be going to B & B again this year. I'm taking two fused glass classes with Carol Giffin. I also signed up to go to the Bead Social, the Flameoff and the ISGB reception. I'll be there Thursday through Sunday afternoons. Whew!

Nancy, it will be great to see you again. I'm the one whose name you can never remember though you do remember meeting me a few years ago at ISGB's lst Timers meeting - I must have made quite an impression, as I tend to do when I'm not awake...

Patti Wood Whiteley
Old 2008-03-30, 9:04am
Fusing Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
Hmmm, me and my big mouth!
So why is the fair Julz not coming!?
I have a usb full of photos for her from the workshop we took together last year.
I believe she is coming, she just wont have time to work for me her kids are in school until that friday and she wants to be home this year for them!
Old 2008-03-30, 9:51am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti W View Post
Nancy, it will be great to see you again. I'm the one whose name you can never remember though you do remember meeting me a few years ago at ISGB's lst Timers meeting - I must have made quite an impression, as I tend to do when I'm not awake...

Patti Wood Whiteley
Patti - that is sooo funny - I saw your name before I read the post and thought - 'oh, I know her - she was at the first timers event in Lowell!'
It will be good to see you again,
Nancy
Old 2008-03-30, 12:15pm

YUP, I will share a booth with Patti and I too will be in the flame-off ( I am always a nervous wreck at those things, but it's for a worthy cause). I'm very excited because it will be my chance to sell my book (in public) and hear about the things people are doing with my instructions. The icing on the cake is a whole weekend with Patti, YAY jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2008-03-30, 12:39pm
Happy Beadmaker!

Default Wouldn't miss it!

I'll be there, my regular booth again #7 to left of front doors -- stop by and say hi!!! Oh, Jeri, can we get a hug & an autograph with a book????

Happy almost-April!
Lea
Old 2008-03-30, 1:19pm

Lea - you can have a hug and an autograph any time!! I hope we get more than a millisecond to visit!!

Mary - I'm packing for GCE and am making amazing rings from the findings I got from you at the Gathering, I totally love them, will you have more this year at B and B??

Nancy - I will be excited to see you, but that is nothing compared to how happy Neil is the HE will get to see you!!

Patti - do we have to travel to Wisc. to see fellow NJ beadies??

Keep making beads.....Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2008-03-30, 1:34pm
Fusing Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post
Lea - you can have a hug and an autograph any time!! I hope we get more than a millisecond to visit!!

Mary - I'm packing for GCE and am making amazing rings from the findings I got from you at the Gathering, I totally love them, will you have more this year at B and B??

Nancy - I will be excited to see you, but that is nothing compared to how happy Neil is the HE will get to see you!!

HI Jeri! I cant wait to see you again too! and yes I will have findings aplenty!

And I cant wait to get your new book personally autographed

And when are you and Portia going to get a class going?????
Old 2008-03-30, 4:33pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeri View Post

Ha - we always say we will see each other......lets make sure it happens this year! And put me down for a book, autograph and hug too!
Nancy
Old 2008-03-30, 4:36pm
Fusing Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancytobey View Post
Hi Mary - its booth 408 - it keeps coming up with a smiley face - that should tell you something about me! Hey, I got one of your rings from Heather Trimlett - its wonderful!
Nancy
OMG her beads are to die for on those rings! I have only seen pics so I cant wait to yours! you better bring it! lol
Old 2008-04-01, 11:20am
Covered in glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patti W View Post
I'll be going to B & B again this year. I'm taking two fused glass classes with Carol Giffin. I also signed up to go to the Bead Social, the Flameoff and the ISGB reception. I'll be there Thursday through Sunday afternoons. Whew!

Patti Wood Whiteley
Have you ever taken a class with Carol before? If not, you are in for a treat! I took a fusing class with her last year just as something to fill in a day so I didn't waste it doing nothing (I was there for the whole week!) It turned out to be one of my favorite classes. I'm sure I drove her nuts babbling about how much fun I was having. LOL She's a terrific person!

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2008-04-01, 1:48pm

Hey all - minor correction to the previous posts - my booth number is 410 (I put 408 by mistake)!
Old 2008-04-01, 3:47pm
Button Queen

Hey Deb - when you have taken a lampworking class in the past at B&B, do they have kilns to anneal the stuff you make? Not a problem, just curious....
Old 2008-04-03, 9:51am
Knob Creek Glass

The Remschneider class that I am taking is the one on Sunday, silver glass. I am looking forward to it and to working with Doug's "secret silver glass."
I took Sersich and Tabor at the Gathering in 2006? and they are great!
The lampworking classes do have kiln's so the beads etc get annealed. They are provided by Arrow Springs, and a lot will be for sale at the end.
Old 2008-04-04, 6:00am
Mr. Cellophane

Hey guys!!! This will be my second year and Lucie Weir and I will be sharing booth 434.
Can't wait to see everyone.

Libby

Old 2008-04-05, 11:46am
Covered in glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclogan View Post
Hey Deb - when you have taken a lampworking class in the past at B&B, do they have kilns to anneal the stuff you make? Not a problem, just curious....
Yeah, they do. Arrow Springs has 2 kilns per 'room' and if you're in the market for a kiln, they will give you a discount on one of them. They usually have a big and a small one per. I think it's something like $50 off the kiln and $50 off the controller. Basically it's shipping because you'll take it with you. AS does a wonderful job of keeping everything going for the classes.

FYI...if you are interested in a kiln, let Lori know as soon as you can when you get there. Some years they've gone really fast from what I've heard. They will also usually sell the torches that are used in the classes too. All the classes I've taken have used mini cc or minors. If you're in the mood for a new torch you can think about that as well.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche

Last edited by debkauz; 2008-04-05 at 11:52am.
Old 2008-04-07, 7:03pm

Can't believe how fast Bead and Button is coming up !!!!!
I"ll be in booth 1240.

AND ...............I have booth partners. Diane Sweeney and Terrie Silbert

and their website address are www.groverglassart.com and www.hoboglass.com

Last edited by Ellen Black; 2008-04-10 at 2:38pm. Reason: to add information
Old 2008-04-09, 8:36pm
Put beads on your head!

I'm going! My first Bead & Button, I'm so excited. I'm taking Akihiro Ohkama's class and Anne Mitchell's Viking Chain on Friday.