LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-10, 5:32pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I think this all boils down to CUSTOMER SERVICE whether it's a Club or Business. I think it is important to please your customers/members & if they want you to come here & post in this thread then it would be a good idea to do so. If Marcie would do what the members/customers have requested things just might get better.

Vivian

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-08-10, 5:38pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
It's frustration, not anger, and it's not the club that's the problem.

Maybe YOU don't see a problem with the club. You are entitled to feel that the club is completely and 100% being run properly. You are also entitled to think that people don't have a right to have a beef with the way this has all panned out.

Those same people are entitled to feel they DO have a cause for concern about how things are being handled and to discuss it.

I am of the opinion that you have caused a lot of ill will in this thread. If not, then I would imagine there would not be so many "retaliatory" posts in response to yours.

You continue to question the "hidden agenda" of some posters here...if there are alterior motives, etc. That begs the question, what is YOUR motivation for being here? Why have you chosen to run damage control for COTM? What is your interest in this and what good to you hope to see come of your relaying information from the various sources that you cite (or don't cite for that matter)?

I will tell you that my purpose for being here came out of a genuine and sincere desire to see Lauscha's reputation not become tarnished. All of the shortcomings in this situation have the potential to leave a bad taste for the Lauscha "brand" in the mouths of people who are and are NOT members of the club. I also stand firm in my opinion that in spite of my disappointment with the way things have been run to date, should this club turn around and live up to the original promises that were made, I would actually enjoy being a part of it. Until discussion about the disappointments and mismanagement occurred, nothing was/is going to change. It will continue to be business as usual, and there are more than a few people who have expressed that this is NOT acceptable to them.

COTM was a great idea in theory. In order for it to work it needs a total revamp, IMO. I have expressed these ideas to Marcie in a private email. I don't know if my ideas were viable for the way she wants to do business, but to me they were worthwhile to consider.

It might be an interesting experiment to see how this thread progresses without the attacks on various persons' integrity, opinions, motivations, and businesses. Are you up to that challenge?

Old 2007-08-10, 5:48pm

I think Marcie should listen to the Members & address the problems brought up in this thread. I think she should address them here as a group & let the members be involved. Sure, it might be heated at first because there's so much frustration but as things get worked out it will cool down. Right now things are getting worse & worse because the members are feeling ignored. Sure, Marcie said she would answer emails but the members want her here.

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-10, 5:54pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadMaven View Post
Is this meant in a nice way or a nice, condescending way? I don't know you personally so I am not really sure.....

I certainly agree with you on one thing you said :"life is just too short to be THIS UPSET about a glass club." Indeed it is, you are right and I would hope others take your suggestions to heart.

I do know that while I might agree that Renee needs a break I do however, see her point and understand why she feels the way she does.
It all goes back to that scab picking thing I mentioned earlier.

This thread just "feels" like people are ready to pounce and they want Marcie here to do it so everyone can see them give her a piece of their mind.
Not really to get answers because we know they could do that with a single email - no there is more to it than just unaswered questions and its obvious.

I don't blame her for not coming here since I don't see anything much except animosity myself and that does not count Renee's post.

If she doesn't want to come here then why do you insist she does?
She apologized to you and offered a free gift and you refused......so what is your question?

What questions do those here have that haven't been answered concerning glass? None that I can see, all I see is people ready to rumble and others eating popcorn waiting for the show to start.
Well, I'm not really a condescending kind of person. So, I suppose that my comments were sincere. Firm, but sincere.

I am not INSISTING that Marcie post in this thread. In fact, I have mentioned earlier that customer service issues are best handled in private. I remain hopeful though, that Marcie will provide an overview of what is happening here in the thread. If she plans to continue operating under the "lag" that is created with the current payment before glass is approved system or if there are positive changes on the horizon. This "lag" is one of the major grievances of those who have posted their discontent.

Old 2007-08-10, 5:57pm

Kendra, I agree that some things should be handled in private. I'm talking about discussing/solving things that apply to the Club as a whole. In other words, talking about problems, better ways to handle things, color selection process, etc..

Vivian

-

Old 2007-08-10, 6:01pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivianLampwork View Post
I think Marcie should listen to the Members & address the problems brought up in this thread. I think she should address them here as a group & let the members be involved. Sure, it might be heated at first because there's so much frustration but as things get worked out it will cool down. Right now things are getting worse & worse because the members are feeling ignored. Sure, Marcie said she would answer emails but the members want her here.
A proper update to the website and a very forthright emailing would put a lot of speculation and discontent to rest. It doesn't HAVE to be here. It just needs to be addressed SOMEWHERE and for all to see.

The option then remains with the members....either get the glass or don't.

It would be a shame if she chose not to address the problems and lose what is left of a good idea.

Old 2007-08-10, 6:02pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
Kendra, I agree that some things should be handled in private. I'm talking about discussing/solving things that apply to the Club as a whole. In other words, talking about problems, better ways to handle things, color selection process, etc..
Right....that's just what I was typing when you posted.

Old 2007-08-10, 6:05pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadstillmyheart View Post
A proper update to the website and a very forthright emailing would put a lot of speculation and discontent to rest. It doesn't HAVE to be here. It just needs to be addressed SOMEWHERE and for all to see.

The option then remains with the members....either get the glass or don't.

It would be a shame if she chose not to address the problems and lose what is left of a good idea.

Yes, yes, yes, that's what I was just typing & you beat me to it. Have some place where the members can discuss things & voice their opinions so they feel a part of the club.

Maybe there could be a discussion area on her website.

Vivian

-

Last edited by VivianLampwork; 2007-08-10 at 6:09pm.
Old 2007-08-10, 7:16pm
Word to your mother

What a lot of us may be losing sight of is that Marcie may not WANT members opinions about stuff. She might feel that opening things up for discussion will only lead to chaos. And it just might. Then again, it might help make this "club" the shining star in the bead world.

Either way, it is Marcie's business and she gets to play by policies she sets.

I guess that begs the question....where can a potential member/customer SEE these policies so they know what they are getting in to? It would seem that the way the glass is being purchased from Lauscha has changed (the members pay first, then the glass gets approved thing) from what was originally presented. In fact, a lot changed without clear communication to the club members and THAT is what lead to unrest.

Here are some of the suggestions I presented to Marcie:

Change the entire thing to a "Lauscha Preview Sale"

A clear and concise (bulleted) "Policies and Procedures" would benefit EVERYONE. This would explain the projected shipping times, refunds procedures, etc.

Get people to sign up for a mailing list to be notified a week in advance when the next "Preview Color" will go on sale. No trying to schedule stuff. Just a "when it happens it happens" kind of thing.

I would keep it simple and to heck with the "exclusivity period". The only thing I would guarantee is that it will be a NEW color, a SURPRISE and customers will be the first in the US to have it. No DVDs, no "test" scenarios, no feedback needed, appreciated but not needed. (People WILL talk about it on the forums, that's a given.)

I would predetermine with Lauscha that the MAXIMUM amount of glass would be XXX number of pounds. I would put that limited quantity on my site for "limited time only" and just let people buy it, one pound limit, first come first serve, with a CLEAR INDICATION to allow 4 - 6 weeks for shipping. And when it's gone, it's gone.

PayPal, pack, click and ship.

Remember what happens when Double Helix puts up a new color...or they say that a new color will be available at 9 am. on a certain date....it's a mad dash to the site to buy it. That same sort of buzz would happen for the Lauscha glass.

That's it. Short and sweet.

Last edited by beadstillmyheart; 2007-08-10 at 7:19pm.
Old 2007-08-10, 7:21pm

It (opinions) may not be what Marcie wants but I get the impression the members want to be heard. For a Club/Business to be successful you have to listen to the Members because without them there will be no Club/Business.

Vivian

-

Last edited by VivianLampwork; 2007-08-10 at 7:23pm.
Old 2007-08-10, 7:30pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
It (opinions) may not be what Marcie wants but I get the impression the members want to be heard. For a Club/Business to be successful you have to listen to the Members because without them there will be no Club/Business.

Unless of course you are the Postal Service.

Old 2007-08-10, 7:40pm

Quote:
Maybe YOU don't see a problem with the club. You are entitled to feel that the club is completely and 100% being run properly. You are also entitled to think that people don't have a right to have a beef with the way this has all panned out.

Those same people are entitled to feel they DO have a cause for concern about how things are being handled and to discuss it.

I am of the opinion that you have caused a lot of ill will in this thread. If not, then I would imagine there would not be so many "retaliatory" posts in response to yours.

You continue to question the "hidden agenda" of some posters here...if there are alterior motives, etc. That begs the question, what is YOUR motivation for being here? Why have you chosen to run damage control for COTM? What is your interest in this and what good to you hope to see come of your relaying information from the various sources that you cite (or don't cite for that matter)?

It might be an interesting experiment to see how this thread progresses without the attacks on various persons' integrity, opinions, motivations, and businesses. Are you up to that challenge?
My mistake. I didn't make myself clear. I was saying that I, personally, don't have any problems with the COTM. I didn't mean for it to sound like there aren't any problems, just that I don't have any.

Why do you feel that I have caused ill will? While I'm not saying there isn't any, it isn't my intent. I believe the "retaliatory" responses are simply because I take issue with what some people say.

I'll give you credit, though, for asking me why I'm posting and what my motives are. Before Marcie stopped posting, it was ugly in here. Really, really ugly. People weren't merely expressing their displeasure, disappointment, or whatever, it was a full-fledged frontal attack. It was ugly, and it was nasty. Marcie stopped posting. Whether or not that was a good idea is not for me to say. Nonetheless, after she stopped the attacks continued unabated. I agree with Dona about Marcie not coming back to this thread. I, too, think some people simply want their pound of flesh. A public flogging comes to mind.

My motivation? You said it yourself - damage control. I can't and won't speak for Marcie, but I will try to preserve what I can of this club. If that means I contact Marcie to confirm whether information I posted was correct, then so be it. When I see posts that contradict something she's said, it raises a red flag, particularly when she's not here to defend it. I view these posts not so much as an attack Marcie's credibility, which they are, but also as an attack on the credibility of the COTM and Lauscha. I see people taking advantage of this, and I don't think it's right. Sure, I could sit back and watch like a lot of other people, but that's not what I chose to do. And there certainly are times when I ask myself why I'm doing this, too. I'm also very appreciative of Dona and Kay's input.

As for citing of sources, that is an interesting topic. Most all of my information comes from this thread or from other threads. If anyone wants to know where I got a particular piece of information from, ask me. I've nothing to hide. As I said before, I really try to make sure the information I post is accurate, and I've researched theads ad nauseum in trying to do that. Now, if Paula would only answer...

And I would love to see that attacks stop. I'm truly sorry if you view my posts as attacks. That is not my intent. I view it as a counter-post, and I seriously do try to not get personal even though others have no problem doing so. I have been wrongly accused of saying or doing *whatever* countless times, but I don't respond to them chapter and verse to prove them wrong. I could; I get tempted; but, I don't. As for a challenge - it's no challenge. If everyone stops with the BS, I'd have nothing to respond to!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2007-08-10, 7:48pm
Word to your mother

Renee, see...this is the problem. What you are calling BS, other people are calling serious customer service, communication and company policy issues.

And I am amazed that you still don't think that Paula answered you. She did....go read, keep your eyes open. She did..and it didn't appear she was "smoke and mirrors" about it. I got right away that she answered your question, but you want to think she was being decidedly vague in an effort to disguise the true answer. That's just not the case. And yea, you really did lambast her over it. Just one example of how you have caused ill will.

Old 2007-08-10, 7:54pm
Word to your mother

Quote:
My mistake. I didn't make myself clear. I was saying that I, personally, don't have any problems with the COTM. I didn't mean for it to sound like there aren't any problems, just that I don't have any.

Hold the phone....ok, so YOU don't have any problems with the club PERSONALLY, but you think that there are problems IN GENERAL with the club? Just not problems that affect you?

I'm not sure I get this.

Old 2007-08-10, 7:57pm

While I agree Kendra and Vivian, that some place for members and Marcie to work this out and update, etc, is key to moving forward. I am of the opinion that if it is left to be a members only viewing, or even question and answer, the 'club' will not grow. (Maybe that is the goal.) Also if any of this is being cast in a negative light towards Lauscha (at least for non-members) the best hope of changing that would be for the public to be able to see progress and possibly be in on the discussion of concerns.

ETA: But I still agree, it is Marcie's business and up to her to decide if growth is a goal, how she wants to handle communication, customer service, etc.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2007-08-10 at 8:00pm.
Old 2007-08-10, 8:04pm

The BS I'm referring to has nothing to do with customer service, communication, or company policy. I understand that people have these issues, and I don't think they're BS.

I'm equally amazed that you think Paula did answer. I took issue with her avoidance at answering the question. How do you characterize her attack on me? Was that okay? Why don't you have any problem with that? What she said was contorted, and while I was tempted to respond to everything she twisted, I didn't because she was trying to divert attention, and she did.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-08-10, 8:06pm

Quote:
Hold the phone....ok, so YOU don't have any problems with the club PERSONALLY, but you think that there are problems IN GENERAL with the club? Just not problems that affect you?

I'm not sure I get this.
For example, the gal from Australia who couldn't get her refund... that's a problem.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-08-10, 8:10pm

Renee,
I'm not much into he said, she said. Nor am I into picking sides. This isn't dodge ball or junior high school. But since you pretty much asked, I really thought Paula answered too. I see attacks all around. In general I think Paula has been pretty factual. I don't see her as being twisted and diverting attention.

I guess that is why the question of motives comes up. If you are in a position to know that Paula isn't factual, or is twisting things. Then you must be a vendor, or talking with Lauscha. Then of course if I understood that I might make an effort to choose which person I thought was more factual, or more to the point, which of you I would do business with in the future. Otherwise, if you are 'just' a LE member and glass lover like the rest of us, then I don't see how you know any more about the real truth in this than anyone else. Which leads back to it is Marcie's business and she can choose how she responds, what she answers, etc.
Old 2007-08-10, 8:35pm

When Paula posted, "I was told by Lauscha that the clear glass was purchased by COTM and not given to COTM by Lauscha," it contradicted a post of mine which was a brief restatement of information Marcie had posted. I contacted Marcie to ask her. She contacted Rene since what Paula posted was not her understanding either. Rene called Marcie back, and the information was confirmed as Marcie had originally believed. I posted that confirmation, and all hell broke loose.

Here's what transpired...
I emailed Marcie on 8/5 to ask her. She responded on 8/6:
"So I better find out from René if that's what is real in his mind, because it was NOT how he presented it to me before."

Then in an email to me on 8/8:
"I'd been trying to get in touch with my Lauscha contact regarding the clear issue, and he's been out of the office nonstop....
However, he called me last night at 8PM, which was 2AM Lauscha time, which i thought was damn dedicated of him!!

Anyway, he confirmed for me what I already had confirmed, but needed to hear again after what you told me was zipping around LE:
THE CLEAR GLASS IS FREE.
I don't know why somebody would think I was paying for it."

I honestly fail to see how my information is deemed not credible, but I hope this will help. And that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me Lauscha.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-08-10, 9:15pm
moth to the flame

Quote:

I wouldn’t give that honor the Renee alone. I am more ambivalent to this so its easier for me to stay neutral and objective but a few posts have almost sent me over the edge too.

I would ask the same of you. It seems you have appointed yourself to be here representing others and that’s okay. Even trying to help Marcie to run her business. That is very admirable.

I will tell you that my purpose for being here came out of a genuine and sincere desire to see Lauscha's reputation not become tarnished. All of the shortcomings in this situation have the potential to leave a bad taste for the Lauscha "brand" in the mouths of people who are and are NOT members of the club. I also stand firm in my opinion that in spite of my disappointment with the way things have been run to date, should this club turn around and live up to the original promises that were made, I would actually enjoy being a part of it. Until discussion about the disappointments and mismanagement occurred, nothing was/is going to change. It will continue to be business as usual, and there are more than a few people who have expressed that this is NOT acceptable to them.

So you are worried about Lauscha? Why would you even think you need worry about Lauscha’s reputation? Who is blaming Lauscha? Are club members angry with Lauscha?
So you think that all delays in shipping are Marcie’s fault and there is no possibility for Lauscha to run behind?
This is yet another reason why I think all this could be handled in private.

All that is going to be accomplished is finger pointing because people are unhappy and want someone to blame.

COTM was a great idea in theory. In order for it to work it needs a total revamp, IMO. I have expressed these ideas to Marcie in a private email. I don't know if my ideas were viable for the way she wants to do business, but to me they were worthwhile to consider.

Exactly! This club was thought up and evolved. Its not like there were months and months of planning BEFORE is got off the ground. And people were SO excited at the concept they never thought it would require a little patience. You know what, at the time they were SO excited they didn’t care.
I waited to join just because I wasn’t sure I could wait but when I saw Carmello I joined knowing the kinks weren’t out yet.

I certainly am and hope others are as well.
I am sure Marcie appreciates your opinions on how she runs her business but then again, it is hers.
I would suggest people give her a bit of time to look over your suggestions, maybe she will make changes and maybe she won’t but that is up to HER.

She is aware that the time factor is off and I am sure if she could get it going to where glass would be received one a month she would be overjoyed. She mentioned that in my email even thought I didn’t ask and that got me to thinking afterwards.
I think this turned into a bigger JOB than she expected and she is doing the best she can.
That IS all anyone can do you know, just the best they can. On top the that think about how things pop up that you weren’t counting on.
Batches that didn’t turn out so they have to be rerun, printing and attaching shipping labels, packaging for delivery…all those things take time.
I am sure Lauscha is doing the best they can too. They have other glass they are supposed to get out and the club glass reruns fall in there somewhere.
Non if these things are intentional on either party’s side, its just how things go.
I just can’t understand the animosity over glass not being delivered once a month. I COULD see it if people weren’t getting it at all. If she were somehow ripping people off and not delivering.

I would like to add I find it most ironic that certain people here were the very ones who started telling Marice to leave here is it was going to be a business and now they are here telling her she should come back.

There are plenty other business owners here that ship late, ship wrong glass/frit, and overcharge.
They all have the best of intentions but they are human too. They have personal lives and do make mistakes from time to time.

Please keep these things in mind, I say that from personal experience.
Our customers would let us work 24 hours a day 7 days a week if we would LET them.
I realize you are customers, I am too but I just see things from another perspective and I really feel for a business owner that is doing the best they can and still getting slapped for it.

Give her some room please. She knows about the time issue.

At least give her a chance.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2007-08-10, 9:54pm
Word to your mother

Renee,

Believe what you want about Paula. Even when the facts stare you square in the eyes, you still can't see them. It's pointless to try to continue explaining.

Dona,

My post was not heated in the least. It was not demanding, condescending, blameful or emotional. Yet you chose to pick it apart piece by piece and start stirring the outhouse bucket. It seems to me you are trying to exacerbate the situation. Stop to re-read my posts WITHOUT any nasty inflection and you may see that I am being quite sincere. Sincere, yet firm.

Anyone who is familiar with me and my history here on LE knows that I have a reputation for being somewhat of a peacemaker. No nonsense, level headed, at times funny when a situation requires defusing or levity. I am not one to jump on ANY band wagon quickly. I try very hard to make things better, certainly not worse. Unfortunately, there are times when an ugly situation must be revealed in order to affect positive change. Still, positive change is the goal.

I am about open communication with customers to help avoid customer service faux pas. Ask almost anyone who reads my posts what my BIGGEST pet peeve is concerning vendors and they will tell you: Not being available to their customers to handle small problems, then thse small problems turn into big problems. (A huge part of that happens to be that many vendors do not list their phone numbers for customer contact...grrrrr.) And here in lies a major problem with this "club". There's a lot of stuff going on that is not being revealed to the members. Things like changes in shipping arrangements, refund policies, etc.

When the foundation for the way you are doing business with a group of people changes, a mass email does wonders to keep your customers aprised. When your customers aren't blindsided by a change in how they are doing business, they tend to handle it quite well. But if they are blindsided, often times they will question the integrity of the business. That is what is happening here. Positive, timely communication is the key.

I also think that you should stop to consider whether YOUR words are a catalyst for positive communication or not.

Old 2007-08-10, 11:31pm

Quote:
Renee,

Believe what you want about Paula. Even when the facts stare you square in the eyes, you still can't see them. It's pointless to try to continue explaining.
Wait . . . didn't you say you weren't condescending? What's this - sincere, yet firm??? Your remarks are condescending. I put facts in front of your eyes. If you want to ignore them, that's fine. Really, I don't care, but your comment was unnecessary, not to mention hypocritical.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-08-11, 3:37am

OK. I'm here because I've done business with Marcie and I like glass. I hope to see this get to a point where I want to belong. I'm only posting to try to show you this is what I see. I've deleted words that could contain anything as the specifics don't matter to the pattern I'm referring to.
Quote:
When Paula posted, ...... it contradicted a post of mine which was a brief restatement of information Marcie had posted. ...... 'She contacted Rene' since what Paula posted was not her understanding either. Rene 'called Marcie' back, and the information was confirmed as Marcie had originally believed.
And then the e-mails copied from her. My point is you still aren't there (ETA: as in first hand actual knowledge). You have chosen Marcie as the truthful one. That is great. She deserves the same respect as anyone here. So now then, Paula. I have no reason to not believe her either. In the end COTM is a business and it doesn't really matter how the glass is getting here. Some question if the glass is free and an apology why Marcie isn't doing the shipping at cost for this one, but even that is a business decision for her. Heck, one reason I can see is it wasn't her 'screw up'. (Or since she approve the glass, maybe people feel it is.)

Since people are requesting only facts to presented I'm trying to tell you that you're defense of Marcie comes off to many as much like hear say as what others are saying. Unless of course you had talked with Lauscha. Then it would be first hand.

Last edited by Just Nancy; 2007-08-11 at 6:51pm.
Old 2007-08-11, 12:33pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
Dona,

My post was not heated in the least. It was not demanding, condescending, blameful or emotional. Yet you chose to pick it apart piece by piece and start stirring the outhouse bucket. It seems to me you are trying to exacerbate the situation. Stop to re-read my posts WITHOUT any nasty inflection and you may see that I am being quite sincere. Sincere, yet firm.

Kendra, I am sorry if you read my post that way, it wasn’t intentional and I am not trying to stir the pot, go back and read my posts again and I think it is quite clear that I have been trying to STOP all the innuendo and finger pointing. I just got finished saying in my last post that I am ambivalent to this so able to stay less emotional about it all. I am not sure why you are so defensive about it since I am just trying to stick to the facts. I did respond to you directly in part of my previous post but it wasn’t all directed at you. I guess I should have drawn a line and identified it as “general” so again my apologies if you thought it was all directed at you because it wasn’t.

Your post suggested that Lauscha’s reputation is being tarnished and I asked you out right by who?
If there is no one saying this then it falls under the header of innuendo suggesting that Marice is somehow tarnishing their reputation. I would suggest that after the discrepancy between what Paula said and what Marcie said, Paula needs to come in and clear the air.

Anyone who is familiar with me and my history here on LE knows that I have a reputation for being somewhat of a peacemaker. No nonsense, level headed, at times funny when a situation requires defusing or levity. I am not one to jump on ANY band wagon quickly. I try very hard to make things better, certainly not worse. Unfortunately, there are times when an ugly situation must be revealed in order to affect positive change. Still, positive change is the goal.

Well since I am not real familiar with your reputation so I read your posts differently I guess. I think everyone gets to be firm as you call it without being called something else, don‘t you?

I am about open communication with customers to help avoid customer service faux pas. Ask almost anyone who reads my posts what my BIGGEST pet peeve is concerning vendors and they will tell you: Not being available to their customers to handle small problems, then thse small problems turn into big problems. (A huge part of that happens to be that many vendors do not list their phone numbers for customer contact...grrrrr.) And here in lies a major problem with this "club". There's a lot of stuff going on that is not being revealed to the members. Things like changes in shipping arrangements, refund policies, etc.

Open communication is fine and as I have said if people have a question all they have to do is email Marcie.
I don’t see the point of her coming here to get slapped and that is what it would be. One person even posted that yes, it might get ……can’t remember the word…..”heated” …..“but once things settle down” and that right there proves people know when she comes in here she will get slammed and hard too. Why should I want to see that? Why would anyone want to see that and think its acceptable?
Nah, I am sorry, I still think people want a whipping boy and she is it and they are ready and waiting.
Avoiding getting their questions answered by a simple email and instead pressuring her to come in here by insinuating her customer service is lacking.

When the foundation for the way you are doing business with a group of people changes, a mass email does wonders to keep your customers aprised. When your customers aren't blindsided by a change in how they are doing business, they tend to handle it quite well. But if they are blindsided, often times they will question the integrity of the business. That is what is happening here. Positive, timely communication is the key.

You have no argument with me there. I agree wholeheartedly. Positive communication is good and timely is a relative term. I asked in my last post for people to give Marcie time to look over your PM you sent her and decide if and how she would make changes and then put those changes in motion. Things like that don’t happen overnight and I think its wrong to insinuate they should.
I see no reason to question her integrity as a matter of fact Tink spoke very highly of her in the original COTM thread and until there was a matter of refunds she never had to take that into consideration. I would think at some point she did but I have not finished with the original thread yet. Until I do, I’ll not assume anything and I think there are some who just are assuming the worst about her, anything and everything..

I also think that you should stop to consider whether YOUR words are a catalyst for positive communication or not.
I am fully aware of that Kendra. I too am a business woman and am fully aware of my words and have done the best I can to validate those who have questions or problems. I don’t get to rely on my “reputation” here and I am fully aware of that. I don’t get a free pass that says “oh she is really nice so she would never be saying that to be mean” so I try and take extra care in what I say and how I say it. I tend to be to the point rather that veil things because I think the veil creates confusion and I want to try and be as clear as I can….on the internet. I try not to come across as harsh but rather just to the point and I always hope my words translate that way but again I know how easy it is to misunderstand people online like this.

I have asked several straight up questions to you that you have by passed and chosen to instead accuse me of stirring the pot. I don’t believe that to be true since I haven’t received any nasty PM’s or angry posts to me other than yours. Not saying your are angry, its just you are really the only one who seems to have an issue with me and my position.
I still have yet to get an answer about who the people were who ran Marcie off of here and am perplexed that now she is expected to come here to conduct BUSINESS. I wish someone would answer that for me but maybe it will show up as I read further along in the opriginal COTM thread.

For everyone:

My intention is NOT to accelerate this situation but rather stop the innuendo and try to get to the basic problems. I feel as thought I am repeating myself since I have stated this before in my posts.

Knowing what those problems specifically are without a lot of other things that don’t matter is not conducive to having those problems solved and I do think the basic rpoblems have been stated and Marcie is well aware of them since Kendra PM'd her suggestions.

I would invite everyone to go back and read the original COTM thread. Its 34 pages long and I have yet to get through it all but I am still going to try to get to the end.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...the+month+club

Maybe some questions can be answered and memories refreshed.
One has to remember how it was before so they can see where they need to be now or that is how I see it anyway.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2007-08-12, 7:29pm
Word to your mother

Dona,

If you are referring to the questions you asked in post 928, please refer to my answers in posts 933 and 935. (Those are the post numbers at the time of this post...if a previous post gets deleted....I think the numbers shift...anyway...)

As to who "ran off" Marcie, I have no clue. You should send her an email and ask her.

Concerning your question about HOW is Lauscha's reputation being affected. I have spoken to a vendor who was at the Gathering and there were LOTS of people questioning them as to what was "wrong" with Lauscha in regard to the COTM club. (Apparently the COTM and all its goings on was being discussed quite a lot...and not favorably. I wasn't there, but I have no reason to think that what was reported to me was false.)

There is a lot of bad information being circulated (call it the rumor mill if you like) about Lauscha's handling of COTM and that is unfortunate.

Dona, I apologize if I have missed any more of your questions. There were a couple of questions that I thought you intended to be rhetorical, so I didn't respond.

Old 2007-08-12, 9:08pm

Quote:
Dona,

If you are referring to the questions you asked in post 928, please refer to my answers in posts 933 and 935. (Those are the post numbers at the time of this post...if a previous post gets deleted....I think the numbers shift...anyway...)

As to who "ran off" Marcie, I have no clue. You should send her an email and ask her.

Concerning your question about HOW is Lauscha's reputation being affected. I have spoken to a vendor who was at the Gathering and there were LOTS of people questioning them as to what was "wrong" with Lauscha in regard to the COTM club. (Apparently the COTM and all its goings on was being discussed quite a lot...and not favorably. I wasn't there, but I have no reason to think that what was reported to me was false.)

There is a lot of bad information being circulated (call it the rumor mill if you like) about Lauscha's handling of COTM and that is unfortunate.

Dona, I apologize if I have missed any more of your questions. There were a couple of questions that I thought you intended to be rhetorical, so I didn't respond.
I don't think that this is reflecting on Lauscha at all. It reflects on Marcie and her choices of how to handle club/business decisions.
I joined a club. When it was changed to a business should have been discussed or at least "told" to the members. There have been alot of changes, misunderstandings etc. that should have been discussed. My last straw was when I paid in April and in June I found out she was gone for weeks and someone else would be filling orders. That didn't happen. Don't lie to me. When she knew that this wasn't going to be the situation as a business person and as someone who had held peoples money for two months already she should have stayed home and taken care of business. OR made sure that she had someone that would. You don't just take off and travel with other peoples money. That is how I felt, after all I still didn't have a product so legally it was still my money. Then after all that time I received a glass that I already had. So I had given someone my money to hold for three months, travel on and I didn't have what I had paid for.. "exclusive" glass. That was the beginnings of my anger, and the unanswered emails.

What is the Gathering for exactly? I thought it was to show new glass and techniques, and have classes and sales/booths available. Not just from what you said Kendra but from other things I have heard that went on this year and the previous years it sounds like a gossip festival. I couldn't spend my money just to participate in that. It really saddens me that people choose to gossip about it there rather than coming here and discussing it where it should be discussed.

Whatever the situation is with the "club" will eventually come out in the end.

Old 2007-08-12, 10:47pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
I don't think that this is reflecting on Lauscha at all.

I agree, Liza.

When it was changed to a business should have been discussed or at least "told" to the members.

Do you think this would have changed anything, though? I don't know.

What is the Gathering for exactly?
I've not been to a Gathering either, but my impression is the same as yours regarding its purpose. I think gossip is probably an inevitability.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-08-12, 10:58pm
><>

Renee, it's disclosure.
You do it because it is the right thing to do.
Whether it would have changed anything or not isn't relevant.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2007-08-13, 12:33am
kindasorta Spring almost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
I don't think that this is reflecting on Lauscha at all. It reflects on Marcie and her choices of how to handle club/business decisions.
I joined a club. When it was changed to a business should have been discussed or at least "told" to the members. There have been alot of changes, misunderstandings etc. that should have been discussed. My last straw was when I paid in April and in June I found out she was gone for weeks and someone else would be filling orders. That didn't happen. Don't lie to me. When she knew that this wasn't going to be the situation as a business person and as someone who had held peoples money for two months already she should have stayed home and taken care of business. OR made sure that she had someone that would. You don't just take off and travel with other peoples money. That is how I felt, after all I still didn't have a product so legally it was still my money. Then after all that time I received a glass that I already had. So I had given someone my money to hold for three months, travel on and I didn't have what I had paid for.. "exclusive" glass. That was the beginnings of my anger, and the unanswered emails.

What is the Gathering for exactly? I thought it was to show new glass and techniques, and have classes and sales/booths available. Not just from what you said Kendra but from other things I have heard that went on this year and the previous years it sounds like a gossip festival. I couldn't spend my money just to participate in that. It really saddens me that people choose to gossip about it there rather than coming here and discussing it where it should be discussed.

Whatever the situation is with the "club" will eventually come out in the end.
And it IS reflecting on Lauscha. 45% of the people booked for my tour in October have now backed out, citing their reason as all the ill will about payments for glass not received as their reason or the other reason which is really rich - they think I am Marcie.

And before someone says, well, 45% can be any number, it was formerly over 15 people signed up. Formerly.

Does anyone know how sad that is? I am very disappointed. It was so exciting to have so many people interested. Oh well, as they say in Lauscha, "It's past, it's forgotten, it's over." Moving on.

That's life.

Carol Anne

Old 2007-08-13, 3:22am
Word to your mother

Wow Carolanne, that's unfortunate. I'm sorry you guys are taking a hit, really sorry.

Renee and Liza, what Carolanne has mentioned is another example of how Lauscha is being negatively impacted by the mismanagement of the COTM enterprise. It is VERY real that people are perceiving this as a Lauscha problem, not just a Marcie problem. That pretty much stinks. And it's costing the folks in Lauscha. Based on the rates, if I remember correctly, this is many thousands of dollars, plus the trickle down to the town from shopping/food/accomodations. So, yes, this is affecting their economy.