Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-04, 1:57pm
boro color bender

Talking Boro sisters and brothers, here's a fantastic deal on gunmounts!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...104629869&rd=1

Barbara Logan shared this with me and said I could pass her find on to you. This guys got gunmounts for $4 a pound. I have a lot of these and don't need any more, but thought I'd pass it on to you. It's a steal if you can use these.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-04-04, 2:05pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

SWEET! I just ordered 1lb of each color. That's a great deal.
Any thoughts on how to best use these?
I'm told that they hold their colors pretty well and melt
like buttah!

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2007-04-04, 2:43pm
boro color bender

They fade out if you heat them too much, but they look great under a transparent. If you work 'em kind of hot, they'll wash out and become a light background color. If you work them cool, you can hold the pastel. They do melt like butter. I think you'll be pleased.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2007-04-04, 3:28pm
product of the universe

I got 10 pounds of that stuff. When it burns out its such a nice white with a hint of the base color. Such a smooth creamy color. Too bad the guy sold all the black and white stock.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2007-04-04, 4:12pm
Virginia Beach, VA

thanks smiley.. i use these all the time!! love these!

Old 2007-04-04, 4:23pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite

I'm in I ordered ten pounds, nice spring colors. What to do, what to do...
kare
Old 2007-04-04, 6:41pm

Anytime you can get glass for $4.00 a lb....

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-04-04, 7:40pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

yeah, I bought 14 lbs Thanks for the link Smiley.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-04-05, 4:31am
boro color bender

Any time guys.

Old 2007-04-05, 4:56am
Pyromaniac

I'm resisting temptation....
I will not fall in love with rare or impossible to get glass...

so there!

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2007-04-05, 6:47am
yukue fumei

YESSS!!!!
WOOHOOO!!
thanks so much Brent!!!! Wahooie!!!!!!!!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-05, 8:02am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
I'm resisting temptation....

so there!

ditto.. unfortunately my fingers type faster than my brain can say no.

what can I say, I am a boro whore
Old 2007-04-05, 8:57am
boro color bender

Awe, what the hell. I just bought ten pounds too. It's not gonna come around again folks. Just buy it... give in to temptation!

Old 2007-04-05, 9:58am

Ah I wish they had some of the white ones. that was the best white EVER hands down. It don't get any better then that.
Old 2007-04-05, 10:57am
boro color bender

I've got less than a pound of the white left and I can't bring myself to use it often... only if I really NEED to.

Old 2007-04-05, 11:39am
Trying to Hope!

man Like I needed any more glass right now well I got 7lbs this time and more if and when i can afford it before they sell it all

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-04-05, 12:49pm
product of the universe

Quote:
I've got less than a pound of the white left and I can't bring myself to use it often... only if I really NEED to.
I hear ya on that i've got some of the old white dwarf i won't touch, and a bunch of other discontinued colors.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2007-04-05, 1:11pm

Well I got ten pounds of the gunmounts in mixed colors. I haven't seen boro in those shades anywhere. Now I just have to see if I can swing for another bag or two of Brent's shorts still, or hope he still has then by payday next week.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-04-05, 3:38pm
yukue fumei

Ask for an estimate on shipping before you order...my invoice came today and for 20 pounds they want $45! Whew!

nagi

Old 2007-04-05, 4:22pm
boro color bender

Did you ask about a flat rate box?

Old 2007-04-05, 7:50pm
yukue fumei

I emailed him about using flat rate boxes but hadn't heard back yet....
I am really hoping he can work with me Just had a good shock when I opened the invoice!!
I guess even with shipping being $45 it is still cheap!

nagi

Old 2007-04-05, 8:47pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

my invoice for shipping for 14 lbs was $22. How much do you think would fit in a flat rate box?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-04-05, 9:00pm

Brent gets 2 gallon ziplock bags of shorts (5-6 pounds each) in the flat rate boxes and they aren't full bags. There is also still plenty of room for ghost turds as packing too. I let the guy know about this form of shipping, hopefully he will use it. I can't see where the gunmounts would be that different on the volume they take up in a bag.

Torch Ho... GTT Mirage, Carlisle CC, GTT Cheetahs, GTT Lynxes, and others on tanked O2.
Old 2007-04-05, 9:03pm
yukue fumei

squid-
I can stuff about 10 pounds of glass rods (soft glass) in one flat rate, so I am hoping he will make my shipping roughly round $16....
fingers crossed....

nagi

Old 2007-04-06, 4:00am
boro color bender

I'm gonna ask him to throw my 10 pounds in a flat rate. Seems logical to me. They don't have any sharp edges to scratch eachother, so I'd say you could fit 15-20 pounds in a flat rate box if you didn't use packing... just double or triple bag it, so the little suckers don't sneak out the cracks. Here's hoping... but it's still a great deal with the higher shipping.

Old 2007-04-06, 4:10am
boro color bender

Homie says he's been flooded with orders the last two days. I wonder how many came from here?

We are definitely freaks... gotta have it!

Old 2007-04-06, 4:23am

When I first checked he had 750 lbs. and now has less than 550 lbs! I think it's all Smiley's fault.
I ordered 10 lbs. too and asked for the flat rate box when I asked for the invoice. Got the invoice yesterday and it was 15.00 for shipping. The auction says to add a 5.00 packing fee. Still a good deal!

Old 2007-04-06, 12:40pm
HourGlass Studio

Okay - who bought ALL the Caramel....fess up. LOL. Shoot its all gone.

Old 2007-04-06, 8:50pm

I just bought 10 lbs as well. Heck, that is cheaper than clear, and I can always use it for a backing color if I don't like it later.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-07, 5:30am
where is that UPS man?

Okay call me stupid. Yeah stupid but just broke my virginity to boro. And I must no wait i have to ask what the H..l do you do with gunmounts. I don't hunt so what else can I use them for.
Just starting up so don't look at website still under construction.
Thanks so much
Deb

Deb
SERIOUS GLASS HO