Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2014-01-27, 1:33pm
Tending The Fire!

Default New lightbox test...feedback?

Hi guys. I'm still fumbling away trying to figure out how to get quick, but decent looking bead images. I picked up an optex light box and seem to be getting better results. I'm shooting with a Canon T2i DSLR and a Sigma macro lens. A friend suggested I add a white piece of paper to help with the auto white levels, which I've done with a white sticker. I'm fairly happy with some of the pictures so far but I'm anxious for feedback from those with experience as to where to go from here re: background choices and such. For reference, the bead is a large flat bead approx. 40mm across

Thanks in advance!

My Facebook Page!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-27, 3:23pm
Tending The Fire!

Here are a couple more

My Facebook Page!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-27, 3:51pm
Wonder-wench

photos are looking pretty good. See if you can eliminate the bright spot in the mid right of some of the photos.

Mary Lockwood has some gray fade backgrounds available for download off her website (thanks Mary ). I printed them at 300 dpi on a laser printer, they work well and you can just re-print when they get messed up.

Old 2014-01-27, 5:30pm
Tending The Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmorphousDesigns View Post
photos are looking pretty good. See if you can eliminate the bright spot in the mid right of some of the photos.

Mary Lockwood has some gray fade backgrounds available for download off her website (thanks Mary ). I printed them at 300 dpi on a laser printer, they work well and you can just re-print when they get messed up.

Elizabeth,

Thanks so much for the feedback. I will check out Mary's gradient, thanks! I'll try moving some lights around to see if I can reduce the glare.

Cheers

My Facebook Page!

Old 2014-01-27, 7:03pm
Tending The Fire!

Okay... I've been playing with the images in Elements. I've cleaned up the lint on the bead and added a digital gradient background. Opinions gladly welcomed...good or bad!

Thanks!

My Facebook Page!

Old 2014-01-27, 8:02pm
Wonder-wench

looks great!

where in Elements did you get the background?

Old 2014-01-27, 10:14pm
Against the Grain

That's a huge improvement. Looks great!

Old 2014-01-27, 10:15pm
Against the Grain

Maybe try a little sharpening on the bead?

Old 2014-01-28, 8:32am

The bead with the digital background looks great Beck!

~
~
~
~
Old 2014-01-28, 10:58pm
Tending The Fire!

Thanks guys. I selected the background then just filled with a foreground/background gradient fill that went from black to white and then just cleaned up the edges a bit. Thanks for the feedback.... very much appreciated!

My Facebook Page!