No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-05-23, 7:08am

Default Studio in apartment building

Hi all

Just wanted to ask that if someone of you live in apartment building and have own studio? I would like to see photos and ideas

Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-05-23, 7:32am
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

my first studio was in an apt, I just dumped my computer so i dont have pics, but heres the image: lol
turned diningroom into studio, in front of plate glass window, I could open and put a box fan to exhaust out of, the back door was to my right and could bring in propane from there and still leave it outside. I layed down laminate florring over the carpet just in case. :/ It wasnt pretty, but it was effective. MY air conditioning bills went to 400.00 a month in the summer. and im sure it was against every code in the books, however we were allowed to h ave propane bbq's on the same back porch i kept my propane on. so I rationalized. I was very careful with bleeding my hoses and I was on a hothead so no oxygen was used. and i kept two fire extiguishers near me at all times, I never ran into a problem, but it was alot of stress! worrying about any kind of mishap and people living so near. forunately my guy was a firefighter and kept me from getting complacant on anything, // is your torch unhooked, is the kiln off? is the valves shut tight, I never left my hose hooked to my torch as soon as i was done it was put back outside.
now i finally have a worshop outside the home, alot less stress! and all he has to bitch at me about is wether i have my safety glasses on or not.. Ive never seen or heard of a major catastrophy from lampworking, Ive seen some close calls however. so I would just suggest do everything in your power to make it safe. and have a great time! less stress more fun!
xo L

~~
~~
Old 2006-05-23, 8:15am

depending on your lease will make alot of differnce.

flame working is best kept in an apropriate shop.

i make shifted for a while and i feel lucky i wasnt evicted.
Old 2006-06-14, 10:08am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I torched in an apartment for 7 months or so. It wasn't good. The one good thing about it was that it made me decide to get into a house instead. If not for flameworking, I would probably still be in an apartment, procrastinating about getting a house. LOL!

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2021-04-14, 6:23pm

I layed down laminate florring over the carpet simply in case. :/ It wasnt pretty, however it used to be effective. MY air conditioning payments went to four hundred a month in the summer. and im certain it used to be towards each and every code in the books, then again we had been allowed to h ave propane bbq's on the identical again porch i saved my propane on https://www.nyrentownsell.com/blog/w...es-in-the-usa/. so I rationalized. I used to be very cautious with bleeding my hoses and I was once on a hothead so no oxygen used to be used. and i saved two fireplace extiguishers close to me at all times, I by no means ran into a problem, however it used to be alot of stress! stressful about any type of mishap and human beings residing so near.
Old 2021-04-17, 11:28am
Salt Box Beads

Get approval from the manager first and also the insurance company. Some apts. consider a gas BBQ a liability let alone and open torch flame.

After seeing how many teensy tiny invisible glass shards go everywhere I will only torch in my separate studio made/used only for glass. Shoes by the door when I step in and glass studio shoes put on and used only in the studio.

Good luck and stay safe.