Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-08-03, 12:32pm

Default Implosion ???

Hello- today I saw a dot implosioned bead and admire. http://www.etsy.com/listing/45670470...ref=v1_other_1
Anyone has an idea about this tech. and can help?
Old 2010-08-03, 1:44pm
I speak Murrini!

Hi CanSu...

Three recommendations:

#1 (and most recommended): Convo the person who has the item you linked. Ask if they are willing to advise you or if they may be a member here on LE and can help. You may be happily surprised by their assistance and encouragement! On the flip side, if they're aren't bubbling over with advice on how to work something similar to what THEY are making, please try and be understanding. Many lampworkers rely on their wares to make ends meet, so if they're not all excited and enthusiastic about sharing their technique with you, I encourage you to be gracious no matter the reply.

#2: Use the Search engine here on LE...it will yield lots of information you'll undoubtedly find helpful and informative. Popping in simple searches using one word, such as "implosion" will help; if you are searching a word that has less than three characters, try using the "*" to fill in (i.e. *dot) the word you're searching for.

#3: Check this thread, it may give you the answers you seek: http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...*dot+implosion

Best of luck to you...

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro

Last edited by theglasszone; 2010-08-03 at 1:50pm. Reason: Added a better link (WINK!); also added pertinent (HINT!) search example...
Old 2010-08-03, 1:45pm
I speak Murrini!

Oh, and by the way...I know how it was done, but I ain't tellin'! You'll figure it out...it's part of the fun journey of glass!

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2010-08-03, 2:26pm
Glass-aholic

Search the forum for implosions. You can also find some you tube video's too also check out the boro room, and the tutorial section. I have seen the video and some tutorials but have no idea how to do it successfully!! and really am not sure how to explain it either. BUT i do know there are resources her if you look hard enough

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2010-08-03, 4:20pm

I used this tutorial to learn. I used soft glass, went really, really slow when I melted down the disk. It will take lots of practice, but it can be done.

http://www.anakinsglasseye.com/tutor...-implosion.pdf

Sherry Bellamy's Shipwreck Tutorial has a mini tutorial devoted to making small implosions. If you don't have this tutorial it is well worth the price.

Hope this helps, Sharon
Old 2010-08-04, 7:05am

Thank you all for your recommendations
I'm gonna check the tutorial Sharon and try to make tonight
Hope I will...