Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-05-07, 1:46pm

Hi - we aren't selling the bowls, we are each keeping one! Jeri
Old 2007-05-07, 7:27pm

Thanks for the compliments ya'll. I should say my dad took the pictures - got to give credit where credit is due.

Anyway, we are selling ours. I told Dad how I would price each bead and am going to let him figure it out.

Lara

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2007-05-10, 4:02am
Kim Hart Designs

I DID IT I DID IT LOL WOO HOO you have no idea how glad I am that this piece is pretty much finished! These flowers have drove me NUTS, I do believe this piece was the hardest thing I have tried to do in glass so far,LOL.

Third time is a charm though. The branch is about 4 1/2" long and each flower is about 2" across. I had thought about gluing the flowers on because I was having such a problem with the flowers cracking and then with the branch melting flat after I got the flowers on the branch,but just couldn't do it because I felt like I was giving up or cheating.I finally got it right!!
The butterflies will be glued on because I think I want to electroform the edges of their wings. I have never done this before and will get my kit this weekend,so hopefully I can figure out how to do it quick without any problems.The white you see under the butterflies is just a little clay to hold them in place for now. And I still haven't trimed the wire I stuck in their heads for their antenna.
As for the heart scrollwork on top of the bowl....there are exactly 60 pieces of those suckers.

OK, here is the lid

And here are 2 different views of the whole piece.

I'm so happy with the way this turned out and very excited to get working on our coral reef one. I, so far, have a turtle, octopus,and 3 jelly fish done. I think this piece is going to be less stress full to do,LOL.

Kim

Last edited by Ladyhoss67; 2007-05-10 at 4:21am.
Old 2007-05-10, 4:10am
StudioMarcy

Kim,
I love it. Congratulations on all your hard work.
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-05-10, 5:01pm

Kim, that is amazing. I'm so impressed.

Old 2007-05-11, 5:33am
Kim Hart Designs

Thank you Lara,Thank you Marcy
We want to see yours Marcy...

Old 2007-08-29, 7:22am
Kim Hart Designs

has any one got to go and look at al the pices in the gallery? Does any one have pics? I would love to some.

Old 2007-08-29, 7:40am
StudioMarcy

Kim, your pieces looked so nice there. I did not only notice them, but thought they were beautiful. It seems to me that there were some shots of the show on the isgb website, but I'm not positive. I did see them somewhere.
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-08-29, 8:49pm

Kim - check out the thread under the Gathering topic over at ISGB. There are several pictures and a link to more pictures. There are a few pictures over at the AAW website as well:

http://www.woodturner.org/gallery/aa...ions/index.htm

Both of my pieces sold and Dad and I think we priced them WAY too low.

PS - Bragging a bit. There are 2 pieces pictured in the AAW magazine. One of them is mine, my first publication.

Old 2007-08-30, 8:30pm

Here is a link to the thread I started in the family room with the pictures of the article.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=64914