Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2006-10-25, 4:48pm

Default I.s.g.b. Yearbook

To Celebrate their 15th Anniversary, the ISGB is producing a yearbook:

This 15th Anniversary yearbook will showcase each member's current work with a color photograph and caption with your name, hometown and year you joined the ISGB [those who have let their membership lapse will have the most recent join date listed] This is a snapshot of the ISGB and the modern glass beadmaking movement at this date in histroy.

The cost is $20 per member participant. You must be current in your 2007 membership by January 15, 2007 to participate. Every submission will be included, and each participant will receive one yearbook [included with your $20 participation cost].

Please send your check along with your name, hometown and membership number to:

15th Anniversary yearbook
Attn: Gwynne Rukenbrod
ISGB
1120 Chester Avenue #470
Cleveland OH 44144
or fax with credit card to 216-696-2582

Email a digital image of your bead in a tiff or jpeg file to jstreeter@mjmservices.org with your name and member ID clearly indicated in the body of the email [you might want to name your photo with your name as well] Quality of reproduction can only be guaranteed if tiff or jpeg file is sent in high resolution - minimum 300 dpi.

Presales of the yearbook are also accepted. Each additional yearbook will cost $20 and payment can be included with entry fee. Please indicate how many yearbooks you would like to preorder.

You can now renew your membership on line at the ISGB website but the yearbook is by mail or fax. There's also a drawing for all members who renew by January 15th!

What a great idea - way to go ISGB!!! They are also planning an ISGB Reception in Tucson on February 2nd and the election party in Milwaukee during Bead and Button. Also, there will be voting on the new Code the first of the year. Thank you Sara and Crew!

Barb
Old 2006-10-25, 4:55pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Barb - if you join now does that count as membership for 2007? The last time I looked the form on the web site said 2006. I emailed asking for clarification almost 2 weeks ago and I have heard nothing back. I am a little reluctant to give $100.00 to an organization that can't even answer an email from a potential member.

Is anyone a member who can clarify this for me?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-10-25, 5:06pm

MaryBeth,

All dues paid now are for 2007 but you become a member as soon as they process your application. I just renewed on-line which was easy though I would have preferred having the option of Paypal since it is easier for me but the credit card option was fine.

You can renew on line - by phone, fax or mail.

Edited: The on line does say 2006 but I've asked for a correction of the year if you want to wait until it says 2007.

Barb

Last edited by barb; 2006-10-25 at 5:15pm.
Old 2006-10-25, 5:26pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Thanks, Barb! I appreciate it

Old 2006-10-25, 6:01pm
StudioMarcy

I agree, it's a great idea. Can't wait to see it all put together.
It's just hard trying to decide what bead to submit.

Marcy
Old 2006-10-26, 2:38am

Hi Barb!

Thanks for posting this - will the ISGB send out an email to all of their members? This is the only place I've heard of this and I'm a member.

Is there a deadline for submission?

Thanks!
Cindy

Old 2006-10-26, 3:59am

Hi Mary Beth, I'm sorry you didn't get an answer, and I have only a possible reason why, but if it was sent to any of the "isgb" addresses, they are not working most of the time and we have just found out. Some email goes through, but most does not. We are working on the problem, but until this gets solved, it's going to be hit or miss, unfortunately.

Whenever you renew or join after the first of October, the membership includes the following year, so don't worry about what it says on the page, if the application comes in on the 1st of October or after, it's for the next year. Also, this year, because of our birthday celebration, if you join or renew by the 15th of January your name goes into a drawing for prizes!!

With regard to the notification of members, within the next few days you should be receiving your renewal form (although you can renew or join online) and in that envelope is a flyer about the yearbook. In order to participate you must be a member by Jan. 15th and send in a digital image of your bead by that date.

This is going to be fun, having a year-long birthday party! Look for future fun!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2006-10-26, 6:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy2
Hi Barb!

Thanks for posting this - will the ISGB send out an email to all of their members? This is the only place I've heard of this and I'm a member.

Is there a deadline for submission?

Thanks!
Cindy
Cindy,

If you are a current member you will get the renewal letter and flyer. I just received mine yesterday. The flyer doesn't specify "date" to get your Yearbook money and photo in but I also believe it must be done by January 15th because they need to have it completed for the Gathering in July.

Barb
Old 2006-10-26, 6:06am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy
I agree, it's a great idea. Can't wait to see it all put together.
It's just hard trying to decide what bead to submit.

Marcy
Marcy - miss you!! If you send me all your latest work I'll pick out one and send it back. Barb
Old 2006-10-26, 3:14pm
StudioMarcy

Hi Barb,
I miss you too! I'll get some photos taken in the next couple of weeks and send you selection to consider. My inventory keeps getting depleted, (which is wonderful), but I keep doing different things, so I'm concerned that by the time something gets printed, my inner gemini will have come out and I'll be on to something different again. I've been hopscotching between robots, gnomes, fairies, vikings, elves, gorillas, kachinas and the ever present, possums.
Marcy
Old 2006-10-27, 3:30am

Thanks for the reply, Barb! I'll have to watch my mail!

Cindy

Old 2006-10-27, 5:55am
Detail G-Mama!

I got my letter a couple of days ago! I agree, it's gonna be hard to pick one bead!

Old 2006-10-27, 7:16am

A friend of mine the other day said you can tell a lot about a person by the beads they make. She makes these small, wonderfully intricate patterened beads. I tell her she's anal and her beads reflect that. So, I have decided that next year when I start looking for people for different committees I'm going to use the yearbook to decide on who to ask, sooooo..... be careful of what your bead picture says about you!!

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2006-10-27, 7:34am

Does that mean I am flowerie??

Update - you can use the on-line pay button for 2007 even though it says 2006.

Also - when you send in your Application for the Yearbook [before Jan 15th] you can send your picture on a CD/DVD rather then email [both are acceptable] and make sure your photo has a clean background and is ready for printing because I don't think they are going to do any touchups.

Remember that this is not a juried entry but a yearbook for every active member of ISGB - like in high school but instead of your pretty faces they will have your georgous beads so make those photos great.

Barb
Old 2006-11-01, 1:35pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Thanks for clarifying, Pam! I do understand that sometimes email just gets lost - I should have tried again before getting in a snit

I'll be joining. This yearbook project is too good to miss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam
Hi Mary Beth, I'm sorry you didn't get an answer, and I have only a possible reason why, but if it was sent to any of the "isgb" addresses, they are not working most of the time and we have just found out. Some email goes through, but most does not. We are working on the problem, but until this gets solved, it's going to be hit or miss, unfortunately.

Whenever you renew or join after the first of October, the membership includes the following year, so don't worry about what it says on the page, if the application comes in on the 1st of October or after, it's for the next year. Also, this year, because of our birthday celebration, if you join or renew by the 15th of January your name goes into a drawing for prizes!!

With regard to the notification of members, within the next few days you should be receiving your renewal form (although you can renew or join online) and in that envelope is a flyer about the yearbook. In order to participate you must be a member by Jan. 15th and send in a digital image of your bead by that date.

This is going to be fun, having a year-long birthday party! Look for future fun!

Old 2006-11-02, 1:50pm
used to be Moretti 4REAL!

I just joined the ISGB online as a new member. How can I find out what my member number is?

This sounds like a great project and I'd love to participate.....

-Angela
Old 2006-11-02, 2:26pm

I think the fastest way would be to call the office. I am sure you will be sent information, but just in case, you can call the office, or ask on the forum and someone will get back to you, I am sure.
Welcome to the wonderful world of ISGB!!

My Blog
Old 2006-11-02, 2:28pm
In search of her path....

ok Where exactly do you renew online? I cannot find a link anywhere on the new site. I dont really find the new site very user friendly sigh maybe im just being daft.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2006-11-02, 4:00pm

Hi Karin,
Try this - http://www.isgb.org/members/join.shtml

If that doesn't work, go to the home page, click on the top link on the righthand half of the page. That takes you to a page that has a link to renew.

Not too bad, actually, although the link on the second page is not highlighted, which is just weird. Don't worry, all these little glitches will be fixed soon, plus we're adding some really great areas, including a store for all that ISGB stuff you neglected to buy at the Gathering!

My Blog
Old 2006-11-02, 9:50pm
maybe tomorrow

What is the deadline for submitting images? Did I miss that somewhere?

Old 2006-11-03, 6:04am

The application with the photo must be submitted by January 15, 2007.

Barb
Old 2006-11-05, 7:48pm
make beads not war

Okay, I have my letter and I'm going to send it out tomorrow. Can I wait to send out the order for the yearbook?
Old 2006-11-06, 8:31am

I don't think it matters but I am going to wait and send mine in with a disk of my photo probably between Christmas and NY - I keep thinking I am going to make the to die for bead plus I need to really improve on my photos.

If you are going to split the application and the photo then you might want to send a copy of the application with your photo disk.

Barb
Old 2006-11-17, 8:31pm
torch monkey 4 life

What is the deadline on the submissions?
Old 2006-11-20, 7:36am

Kara - January 15, 2007 is the final mailing date of the application and photo. By the way - I love the photo of you in the sunglasses!!

Barb
Old 2006-12-05, 8:00am
Everybody Needs Beads!

OK so I just joined at the $100 a few weeks ago....yesterday I got a membership renewal form in the mail. I assume that it's standard to send all paperwork info to all members but I'm hoping that my membership will include 2007? I'm also not listed yet on the link page of the site. Do any of you know if it just takes them a while?
Thanks for your help!

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-12-05, 10:40am

Why don't you just call the office to find out so you know for sure. The number is 1-888-742-0242. Your link does not automatically go up on the website. You need to send in the information to the webmaster. However, that is being remedied and very soon everyone that joins as a business member will have a link on the website without having to do anything else.

My Blog
Old 2006-12-06, 8:00pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I am not yet a member but was wondering if these yearbooks will be for sale for non-members? I would love one. Jenny
Old 2006-12-06, 8:50pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Thanks Pam!

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-12-12, 1:28am
Everybody Needs Beads!

Are you guys goign to send close-up pictures, like you would for a gallery pic on eBay or....just a regular picture?

Thanks!

Beadygirlt. on