Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2006-12-12, 4:05am
StudioMarcy

Hi Tera,
I sent a regular photo, because that's what seemed to look best from my feeble photography. I don't know the size of the photo that will be printed in the yearbook. I'd say, send what looks best to you. And by the way, I love those watches you have made. They're great!
Marcy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2006-12-13, 2:00pm

Ditto - I love the watches! I usually prefer the close ups of my work. I haven't made a bead yet that I really, really love so I will probably be putting my form in the mail after Christmas.

Jenny - they haven't said if they are selling them but I think it would be great if they do. This is a special project for the 15th anniversary but would be wonderful if it is possible to do every year.

Barb
Old 2006-12-13, 3:43pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Thank guys! You're so sweet. Can I post pictures here? To get opinions?

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-12-13, 4:02pm
StudioMarcy

Absolutely! This will be fun.
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2006-12-13, 5:01pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Uh..I have about ten of them...probably too many to put here.
Maybe the links will work.

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../213229536.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../213229533.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../213229531.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../213229520.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../213229511.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../194439373.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../194439358.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../194439336.jpg

http://pic15.picturetrail.com/VOL632.../192658347.jpg

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-12-13, 5:02pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Hmmmm...now that I've gone through and looked at the links...they ALL look kinda bad.
I hate making decisions like this!

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-12-13, 9:03pm

I liked the 2nd and 3rd pics Tera

Old 2006-12-13, 10:28pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Thanks, Tracy! I like the 3rd picture I think the best.
It really helps to have input!

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-12-14, 3:57am
StudioMarcy

I vote for number three too!
Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2006-12-16, 3:05pm
Exec Director of ISGB

Hello everyone!
My first post on LE!

About the Yearbooks, there will be additional ones for sale beginning May 1, 2007 and they will sell for $20 each. We will be uploading a shopping cart onto our website soon and the yearbook will be available for sale on that shopping cart after May 1.

Thanks for all the enthusiasm, and the isgb emails are working now! So if any of you have any additional questions, you may feel free to email me at ed@isgb.org.

Happy Holidays!
Gwynne Rukenbrod
Executive Director
ISGB
Old 2006-12-17, 9:34pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

Thanks so much for the input guys! Let's see what YOU are thinking for your photo?

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2006-12-18, 9:07am

I love #3, 6 and 8!

Barb
Old 2006-12-18, 9:09am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynner View Post
Hello everyone!
My first post on LE!

About the Yearbooks, there will be additional ones for sale beginning May 1, 2007 and they will sell for $20 each. We will be uploading a shopping cart onto our website soon and the yearbook will be available for sale on that shopping cart after May 1.

Thanks for all the enthusiasm, and the isgb emails are working now! So if any of you have any additional questions, you may feel free to email me at ed@isgb.org.

Happy Holidays!
Gwynne Rukenbrod
Executive Director
ISGB

Gwynne - welcome! Now I am going to PM you! Barb
Old 2006-12-18, 10:38am

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam View Post
A friend of mine the other day said you can tell a lot about a person by the beads they make. She makes these small, wonderfully intricate patterened beads. I tell her she's anal and her beads reflect that. So, I have decided that next year when I start looking for people for different committees I'm going to use the yearbook to decide on who to ask, sooooo..... be careful of what your bead picture says about you!!
Hi Pam... I may have to be an exception to your psycho analysis ! I can be very anal to details on a project... But when it comes to my beads... they are anything BUT anal! They are completely asymetrical, and colors gone wild! I do struggle to make a small tiny bead......and dots!?! Hardly ever.

Ofilia
Old 2006-12-25, 11:11pm
Flame Dames Rule!

I like #3 *s*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2007-01-10, 3:07pm

Hi There
I just joined you in the ISGB.
Is it possible to pay to take part in the yearbook through the website like I have my membership?
many thanks
Sarah
Old 2007-01-10, 3:23pm

Hi Sarah, I think you can email your picture to the office and call them to charge the $20. I don't think they want you to send your charge information in the email.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2007-01-10, 4:03pm

thank you Pam, and for such a fast reply. I'll follow this up.

Sarah
Old 2007-01-10, 4:15pm

Default Help

Still, after all these years I struggle with photography. Could someone please tell me how I convert 72dpi to 300 dpi. I thought I did it, but it went back to 72 dpi when I save it. Why is this so hard? Thanks
Harriet

Old 2007-01-10, 7:38pm
make beads not war

Harriet what program do you have? Or can do it for you really quick.
Old 2007-01-10, 9:03pm

I have Photoshop Elements, Melissa. Can you help me..or tell me how to do it? Thanks

Old 2007-01-10, 9:55pm
Everybody Needs Beads!

I think I'm needing help too.
I thought I knew what I was doing....

Beadygirlt. on

Old 2007-01-11, 9:04am
Member of the Booger7

There is a post here early on that says something about a clean background. The bead pic I was going to send was taken outside, so it has a "backdrop." Is that ok or do they want plain backgrounds? I'm probably missing that rule somewhere, but I couldn't find it on the site.

I'm at work, so I can't post the pic right now.

Dianna -

Old 2007-01-11, 12:37pm

Melissa, I understand what you are saying and I changed the dpi on the picture and saved it, BUT when I checked the dpi of the saved picture it said 72 again. I don't understand this..it's freaking me out !!!
H

Old 2007-01-13, 10:37am

I can resize images for you if you need it.