No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-04-03, 5:22am
Daggy-O

Default Coral!

I have a ton of coral rods - I love the color - but I can't get it to behave. It turns whitish/tan on me! I have so many ideas for the color, but I just can't get it to consistantly be a coral color. What the heck am I doing wrong!

Sherri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Cancel my subscription - I am over your issues." Schermo's website
Old 2006-04-03, 6:03am
Formerly SirWatson

Can you show us pictures of the beads? It sounds like you're heating the coral too much (and burning it), however, I can't tell for sure without seeing pictures of how your beads look.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<><
Old 2006-04-03, 7:07am
A True Woofer

Coral is actually somewhat of a striking color. After I make my bead, I let it cool and bring the coral into the back of the flame until it glows red and that brings out the color.

Old 2006-04-03, 8:13am
Glassy Lady

I have a love/hate relationship with coral.

Coral has had a problem in the past (2000 or 2001 if I remember correctly) where it was graying out with prolonged time in the flame, but it hasn't been a problem for a while.

Yesterday I was working with the new mango coral and it did that to me. Yup, I was working on a large bead and it spent a long time in the flame. Are you having trouble with the mango?

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO