Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-04-19, 5:46pm
Bead Crazy!

Default Problem with BeadHive FUJI PXR3 Controller

Hi,

I just recieved my BeadHive kiln from Mike Crowley yesterday. It is very nice. Got it together and ready to go.

The problem is when I follow the controller instructions to "Push and hold the "SEL" button until the display reads "STAT", the display does not read STAT. Instead the choices are: 5r6y, d5p1 and P.

I have left messages for Mike and e-mailed him. I did get an automated e-mail reply saying that he would return my e-mail on the 24th, so he must be gone somewhere.

I am only familiar with Barton controllers and this is very different. So I am at a loss of how to use the kiln. I have looked on line for additional instructions for the PXR3 and cannot find anything different than what he sent. I am dying to use the kiln and hoping I don't have to wait until the 24th when Mike gets back.

So if anyone knows what the 5r6y, d5p1 and P mean on my display, please let me know. I'm not sure if this means there is something wrong with the controller, or maybe I have a different controller than the PXR3...and no instructions to go with it. Or if you might know what kind of controller this is from the 5r6y, d5p1 and P messages, please let me know

Thanks
Susan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-19, 8:07pm
Gentleman of Leisure

What is numbers in top left hand corner of the "face" of the controller....

Here is FUJI instructions for PXR3 controller...

http://fic-net.jp/eng/library/catalog/pdf/ECNO409c.pdf

Caution it reads like a alien self destruction manual.....

5rby= STBY or standby...

d5p1 = Parameter Display mask 1 (page 68 of manual)

Sounds like you are going into programing mode and not "run" mode if controller is preprogramed..

There may be some help here....

http://www.theglasshive.com/about4.html

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2007-04-19 at 8:15pm.
Old 2007-04-20, 4:54am
Safety ALWAYS

Press and continue to hold the buttons......

Chaotic Glass: Safety for the glassworker, and random thoughts and opinions on the state of the glassworking world
Old 2007-04-20, 6:05am
Formerly known as Venesa

Hi Susan,

If you get a chance let us know how you like your kiln. I'm thinking of getting a new kiln and want the large GlassHive. I heard that the Fuji controller was the best as far as problems, but that it was hard to program.

Old 2007-04-20, 6:17am
Bead Crazy!

Hi Dale,

Here's what is on the left face of controller:
SV
C1
C2
A1
A2

Hi Mike,
I pushed and held for 2 minutes and d5p1 was constantly present.

Thank you both!

Old 2007-04-20, 6:20am
Bead Crazy!

Hi Venusbeads,

Will let you know. I'm sure once I have an idea of how the controller works, it will be fine.

The kiln is soooo nice.

Old 2007-04-20, 7:13am

I love my Glasshive kiln. The controller's not too bad if you follow the directions from Mike's site. I think they had posted that they were out of town for a few days.

Looks like you selected standby instead of run. If you go to the up/down arrow buttons and press one of those, does it take you to run?

I'm not at home to look now, but try that. Then when you press the select number, you should be able to see PROG again.
Old 2007-04-20, 7:45am
da General

You push and hold for 2 seconds (not 2 minutes) to get STAT. When you push and hold, it changes to PROG then STAT then I think DSPI - do NOT change anything in DSPI, I did and Mike had to walk me through unprogramming when I messed up!

PM me your phone # and best time to call this weekend and I will give you a ring with my kiln on and perhaps we can walk it through together?

I am with Lynda - I LOVE my Glass hive kiln! I change my programs all the time and don't have a problem with it as long as I refer to my "quick reference" sheet.

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-04-20, 8:09am

Caution it reads like a alien self destruction manual.....
Brother You got that right!!!!

Its been 3 years and I'm still tring to figure out the instruction to my fugi on my AIM. Some one posted a cheat sheet for the fugi and I found that a lot more helpfull then the actual instructions from fugi.
Old 2007-04-20, 9:24am
Bead Crazy!

Thanks everyone for your sugestions.

2 seconds or 2 minutes...the d5pi is all I get.

Here's how it goes.

I flip on the on switch.

Mike's directions say to "push and hold the SEL button until the display reads "STAT". I push and hold SEL button and first flashes the 5r6y, then the P and then the d5pi. And if I push the up or down arrow while holding the SEL button, I just cycle through the three choices again. I am stuck in that mode with no other choices. I has been this way from the first time I turned the kiln on. So I somehow need to get out of this mode.

Thanks

Old 2007-04-20, 10:20am

It sounds like one or more paramiters are locked out. Tho I have no ideal how to unlock it. I have seen the very same thing here befor with some one else.

It was either Mike or Dale that figured it out for the person and told them how it was done.
Old 2007-04-20, 12:32pm

You could try posting in the bathroom. This question might get more visibility there. I know several other folks who post here use that controller/kiln.
Old 2007-04-20, 12:46pm
Bead Crazy!

Thanks LindaJ and smutboy420. Am going to be away from the computer for the next few days, but will try posting in the bathroom on Monday.

Hayley...thanks for your generous offer, but I won't be near kiln this weekend. And Hayley, is the quick reference sheet you mentioned the one on Mike's site?

I am so appreciative of everyone's suggestions and help. I'm sure once this mystery is solved and I can get the controller out of this mode...I will be able to learn how to use it.

Susan

Old 2007-04-20, 1:08pm
da General

Susan,

Let me turn on the kiln this evening and see . . . I know I have gotten to the standy and dspi mode but if I wait long enough, it goes back to the temperature.

What do you see when first turn the kiln on? It should have the current temperature reading of the kiln.

The "quick reference sheet" is made by me! I can't read all caps so I modify it and make my own. It's at my home computer, I can upload it for you this weekend - just a Word file.

Sorry if you are locked in program mode, you may have to wait till Mike gets back. He will take good care of you when he does.

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-04-20, 6:54pm
da General

Here is a copy of my cheat sheet - also emailed you!
Kiln Instruction.doc

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-04-22, 7:21pm
Bead Crazy!

Hi Hayley,

This is awesome and will make the learning so much easier. I really appreciate your help and for sharing your cheat sheet.

Thanks so much,
Susan

Old 2007-04-25, 3:28pm
da General

Hey Susan,

Did you get your kiln controller figured out . . . just wondering what was wrong!

|
|
|
|
Old 2007-04-25, 3:44pm
Bead Crazy!

Hi Hayley,

Yes, all is well. I'm not sure what was wrong. Mike called first thing on Tues (after only one cup of coffee and after driving for 12 hours) and had me pushing buttons and giving him information for several minutes.

At one point he did say "It looks like I forgot something". But had he told me what it was, it would have made no sense to me anyway.

Part of the problem was me...(imagine that) I didn't realize that I did not have to program the kiln. So I was into the wrong directions.

I have to say I am amazed that I didn't have to really learn anything, but just follow the easy directions for garaging and when done, begin the annealing process.

So even though the controller is so much different than the Bartlett, it just doesn't matter because Mike does it all for you. I was dreading having to learn a new controller...I had enough trouble trying to understand the Bartlett when I got it. I am of course very relieved!

I had a whole day of beadmaking and LOVE the kiln and the great customer service from Mike.

Thanks again for your cheat sheet.

Susan

Old 2007-04-25, 10:21pm

I have a Fuji controller on my Aim kiln and ohh ahh ... it took me six months of posting on every known forum beforen Mike Aurelius had the numbers I needed to be able to programme the thing myself. I nearly gave up on the wretched thing and still have a love hate relationship with it!

Still .. I was mightly proud of myself when I had figured it all out ...

Glad you got yours sorted,

Sadie

Old 2007-04-25, 11:57pm
Formerly known as LT

Glad you like your kiln! I plan on buying one of them when I can afford a spare!:

Old 2007-04-29, 11:26am
da General

Susan,

Glad you had it all working! Isn't Mike Crowley the best? I recommend him and his kilns to anyone who would listen!

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-03-14, 10:13am

I have to say I am extremely pleased with my kiln from Glass Hive as well. And they're costumer service is great to!
Old 2013-03-17, 4:03am

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover1978 View Post
I have to say I am extremely pleased with my kiln from Glass Hive as well. And they're costumer service is great to!
Oh good... New clothes! Lol... I make typos all the time too, but some of them are funny! Thanks for the chuckle!