Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-07-05, 8:08pm
Catnip Pusher

Default Has Anyone Tried the ProPay Jak?

I have been using ProPay for shows, and I just got a smartphone (yes, I'm a bit slow!) that I can attach a reader to. ProPay has the Jak, which looks about the same as the Square. Since I already have an account with ProPay, I'm trying to decide what to go with.

Is there anyone who has used the Jak?

Aimee
Old 2013-07-06, 5:29am

Hi Amy!

I used to use the square from the beginning, but since moving to Australia have moved over to another smartphone type of payment system. I love the square... Things change and evolve with it, but I still wish I could use it here...

Not really much help I realise, but if I were you I'd go with the square if it's available on your platform?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-07-06, 6:26am

I have no experience with ProPay's. I've used PayPal, but Square is still my choice.

The cardreaders need GPS to be able to connect. I had issues with PayPal the first show I used it at, they wouldn't connect the whole weekend. Square had no problem connecting.

Square hired 5 Android software people recently. They have updated their app to include being able to itemize a purchase, it's pretty cool. The website is a bit lame yet, but not intolerable and I'm sure a makeover is in the works there as well.

my 2 cents.
-Donna

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2013-07-06, 7:08am
I think my raku is broken

I used the ProPay Jak, Square, and PayPal Here. ProPay Jak was the most difficult to use. It's been a while, so maybe they've made improvements since then, but I'm going to stick with the less expensive options. I'm loving the PayPal Here because I have instant access to the money in my PayPal acct. I have the debit card, too, so I have another way to get to the money instantly.

Old 2013-07-06, 8:10am
Angie09

Square .... it's fabulous!!!
Old 2013-07-06, 8:39am
Catnip Pusher

Hmmm...sounds like I'm better off cancelling my ProPay account and going with Square!

What about online orders where you can't swipe the card? Is there a way to use Square then?

Aimee
Old 2013-07-06, 8:40am
da General

Why pay $19.95 for the Jax when you can get Square for free? Beside, it doesn't have annual fee, no transfer fee, and deposit to your bank account automatically? I dropped ProPay long time ago and never looked back.

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-07-06, 8:42am
da General

You can manually enter the card number on square... Just slightly higher in % charged. Think it's 3.25% instead of 2.75%.

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-07-06, 8:49am
Angie09

Plus the money is in the bank the next day .... even American Express. If I charged something on Saturday it would take until the following Thursday to get the funds in the bank. Plus real easy to keep track of your charges cuz they all come into the bank at once! Greatest system I've found.
Old 2013-07-06, 8:51am
Catnip Pusher

Thanks Hayley! And thanks to everyone who responded - I'm sold on a Square!

Aimee
Old 2013-07-19, 4:47pm

I like the option to manually enter the card number, especially when customer is not present and wants to use a credit card direct. I'm sold. Works great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley View Post
You can manually enter the card number on square... Just slightly higher in % charged. Think it's 3.25% instead of 2.75%.

~
~
~
~