Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

View Poll Results: Ye, No, Maybe So
I Really Like #1 (black) 4 9.76%
I Really Like #2 29 70.73%
I like frit #1 4 9.76%
I like frit #2 10 24.39%
Frit #1 is so-so but just so-so 2 4.88%
Frit #2 is ok, but nothing special 0 0%
Leslie, you completely missed it with frit #1. 6 14.63%
Kiddo, take frit #2 back to the drawing board! Please! 1 2.44%
I don't use frit so I really don't care. 0 0%
I use frit and I still don't care. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-07-26, 8:40pm

Default Yes, No, Maybe So???

So, what do you guys think? I had a couple of what my husband calls my "idiot savant moments and these were a couple of the results. Before I commit them to the store I thought that I'd just see what you thought....

Things that you might need to know:
1. The first a frit that *does* have Double Helix "Triton" as one of the ingredients...
2. The second was not used on a blue base at all - just clear, white & siver leaf, and white.

As always, comments are always are always welcome
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-26, 8:48pm

Does frit #1 come with the free animal hair? (Ghost maybe?) lol...

"I'd rather have glassy friends than classy friends."
Old 2014-07-26, 8:52pm
Slogan Challenged...

I love all the options, LOL

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-07-26, 9:10pm

Quote:
Does frit #1 come with the free animal hair? (Ghost maybe?) lol...
OMG! Did Ghost shed after I ran your frit through the sifter???
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BAD kitty! She must have really wanted you to remember her! (she loved you, BTW)

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-26, 9:11pm

LOL! Why not have a wee bit of fun with it??

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-26, 9:32pm

Quote:
OMG! Did Ghost shed after I ran your frit through the sifter???
BAD kitty! She must have really wanted you to remember her! (she loved you, BTW)
Nah - but there is a white hair in your first pic... Might be too long to have been from Ghost. Does one of your dogs have white hair? Can't really remember since they didn't like me so much...

Old 2014-07-27, 1:51am

I really like the 2nd frit!
ginger
Old 2014-07-27, 7:27am

Talking

There should have been an "I'm completely in love with number one and wonder what I have to do to have it really really soon" option, but there was not. So I voted with the understated "I really like number one" option.
Old 2014-07-27, 7:29am
Fried Cat

I love #2!!!!
Old 2014-07-27, 7:37am

Love, love, love #2

#1 ... particularly the 2nd and 3rd bead show merit ... and needs more samples ... but I'd buy it anyway!!

Old 2014-07-27, 8:36am

Quote:
Nah - but there is a white hair in your first pic... Might be too long to have been from Ghost. Does one of your dogs have white hair? Can't really remember since they didn't like me so much...
ROFL! Hazard of the location. The little demon Diva *will* sit on my photo setup. I had a combo migraine/stomach flu one completely [u]awful[u] morning and should have probably stayed in bed instead of even trying to take pictures.

I saw a cat hair in my frit.

There's a *cat hair* in my precious frit!

I just *sifted* this batch. The *nerve of the little devil.

I tried picking it out but it just ran away. I missed with the tweezers because the migraines tend to make me lose the sight in my right eye and my depth perception was all messed up.

OH! No worries! I'll just vacuum the little pest out.

Thank goodness it was R-108. I went to bed after THAT stupid idea!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-27, 8:39am

Quote:
Love, love, love #2

#1 ... particularly the 2nd and 3rd bead show merit ... and needs more samples ... but I'd buy it anyway!!
Thank you! And thank you for your feedback on #1. Bead #1 is over black, bead #2 is over white & silver leaf, Beads # 3 is over white. When it cools down tonight I may play a little more.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-27, 9:40am

Hmmm - note to self: vacuuming pet hair out of frit does work - if you want to get rid of the frit also!

Old 2014-07-27, 9:47am

Quote:

Hmmm - note to self: vacuuming pet hair out of frit does work - if you want to get rid of the frit also!
NOT one of my better days...

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-27, 10:33am
Bead semi-newbie

love #2, maybe it is the photo of #1 that doesn't make it look as good, should be with some Triton in it. definately #2
LOVE silver glass
Old 2014-07-27, 2:36pm

Quote:
love #2, maybe it is the photo of #1 that doesn't make it look as good, should be with some Triton in it. definately #2
Thanks for the feedback, Sara! I'm not great with DH glass anymore so it may be the tester as well
. Will have another go at it as soon as I get another chance and post those - that's one of the reasons that I mentioned the Triton - there are those of you out there that can really make it sing!!!

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-27, 2:38pm

Quote:
Love, love, love #2

Magpie, I made a couple more with #1 this morning trying to pick up a tad of the purple - the bases are white, white/silver leaf & opal yellow....
Attached Images

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-27, 4:19pm

Quote:
Magpie, I made a couple more with #1 this morning trying to pick up a tad of the purple - the bases are white, white/silver leaf & opal yellow....
Hmm. I think I have my #1 and my #2 mixed.

You new pix looks like more tests of what I thought was #2.

Old 2014-07-27, 5:16pm

Nope, I have mine crossed! LOL - too much flooding down here
OK - just went out and made more for you. They should be out of the kiln in the morning!

Leslie
Frit Happens...

Last edited by ThatFritGirl; 2014-07-27 at 6:36pm.
Old 2014-07-27, 7:00pm

Awe you didn't have to make more. I just figured it needed more. It looks really good on the send and third bead. Definite possibilities ... needs more play time.

Stay dry. We are currently getting a major deluge. I'm on high ground though!! But my storm swale looks like an eight foot raging creek at the moment.

Old 2014-07-27, 7:56pm

Quote:
Awe you didn't have to make more. I just figured it needed more. It looks really good on the send and third bead. Definite possibilities ... needs more play time.

Stay dry. We are currently getting a major deluge. I'm on high ground though!! But my storm swale looks like an eight foot raging creek at the moment.
YOU stay dry! We finally got our power back on and I just shuffle boxes around to get to my torch
I just need a Triton Diva to try this one out (although I *did* add a bit more in

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-27, 8:26pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

I would buy #2 in bulk!!! I liked #1, but it's kinda dark and I can't really tell.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2014-07-30, 11:21pm

Default Volunters

I need FIVE VOLUNTEERS who know how to make Double Helix Triton play nice! This blend is packed with it, but as you can see I'm not doing it justice!!! I'll take the first five that volunteer between my post here and on my
page.

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-31, 12:45am

Me, me, pick me! I'll see what I can make it do...

Old 2014-07-31, 8:19am

Quote:
Me, me, pick me! I'll see what I can make it do...
Gotcha

Leslie
Frit Happens...
Old 2014-07-31, 8:38am

I'll give it a try!

Old 2014-07-31, 12:42pm

ME TOO!!!
Old 2014-07-31, 5:30pm

OK! It looks like between FB & LE I have by guinea pigs!! And the winners/victims are:

Michele Rowe
Dini Bruinsma
Canyon Echoes
Karin Fox/Karrina
Emma Frost
Christine Baker/Julie Karnos

As soon as I have everyone's addy's I'll send out samples. In the meantime testers, please let me know if there are any other frits that you'd like me to include for you.

Leslie
Frit Happens...