Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2010-06-17, 10:16am
Obsessed Blogger

Default More Acts of Courage Beads

Hi All.

Did you know that we (glass beadmakers) donated over 41,000 glass beads last year that were used for Acts of Courage? Acts of Courage beads are those that the child gets to pick out themselves for courage above and beyond and for other times when a caregiver thinks a child needs an extra boost.

So far we help over 10,000 kids around the world through Beads of Courage programs.

Our goal this year was to bring on 10 new hospitals. I've been told that we're projected to far exceed that goal and are on target to bring on 40 new sites this year! I wouldn't be surprised if even more come on board...things are picking up!

You know what that means...

WE NEED MORE ACTS OF COURAGE BEADS!!!

While we always need them, I'm going to ask you for a couple things today and they're nothing that I'm not going to commit to myself...

1. Could you dedicate an hour a week to making Acts of Courage beads? Simple, brightly colored beads work well. Dots, spirals, you name it. (3/32" mandrels).

2. Consider donating to Beads of Courage. As we're growing, our needs are increasing. If you would be interested in a monthly paypal subscription donation, please email or pm me. Just $10 a month, for one year, ($120) sponsors almost FIVE children for a full course of treatment.

3. If you are giving to a program other than Beads of Courage for children with cancer, please consider sending your beads to Beads of Courage. We are becoming the standard in this type of program and it is our goal to provide continuity of treatment in all hospitals. (that means that when a child from one hospital goes to another for a different type of treatment that they will have Beads of Courage wherever they go...not a knock-off program with lesser quality of beads).

Lastly, thank you, thank you, thank you. Beads of Courage would not be so meaningful without all of your support, donations, time, prayers and dedication. I've said it before and I will continue to say it...I am SO proud to be a part of such a giving community of artists!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
::
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-06-19, 6:57am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I had no idea it was that many beads.. amazing...

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-06-19, 8:20pm
Oh my!

My bead making skills are poor at best. I have just started teaching my self how to make beads. Learning about Beads of Courage is the main reason I am learning to make beads. As soon as I get to making beads that well, look like beads, I will be donating.
Old 2010-06-19, 8:22pm
Superkitty

Lori, an hour a week is a great idea!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.