No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-01-26, 9:27am
Will work for glass...

Default An Idea!

I'm a little bit frit-obsessed. I have so many different colors, but couldn't figure out how to keep all of it close to my bench without taking up tons of space. One day it came to me...Spice Rack! I bought one at Bed Bath and Beyond that came with empty bottles for the spices. I just filled each one with the frit, then removed the label from the original packaging and put it on the top of each jar. Viola!
Attached Images

Old 2013-01-26, 9:37am

Great idea. How hard was it to remove the labels? Dare the jars big enough to hold a typical jar of frit?
Old 2013-01-26, 10:24am
Will work for glass...

Most of the labels came off just fine. They even stick on the jars pretty well after I repasted them. A few are peeling away. Each spice jar corresponds to the regular size jar of frit, can't remember the exact weight but not the sample size, the regular size.
Old 2013-01-26, 11:28am
Salt Box Beads

Beautiful rack and it is all so nice and neat and compact...wouldn't work for me as I would need 50 of them.
Old 2013-01-26, 2:42pm

Alison, that's great! I just did the same thing! Makes my workspace a lot more organized.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~
~
~
~
Old 2013-01-26, 3:04pm
Unmedicated since '62

I have one of those, it's great

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2013-01-26, 8:56pm

What a smart idea!!
I have a old rack simular to that too! Thanks for sharing!

laughter is the best medicicine but if your laughing with no reason you need medicine!

Old 2013-01-26, 9:55pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Chandler View Post
Beautiful rack and it is all so nice and neat and compact...wouldn't work for me as I would need 50 of them.
And more......

Old 2013-01-27, 4:06am

I wish I could find something like that around here. Great idea !

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2013-01-27, 4:35am
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Chandler View Post
That's what I was going to say Lorraine - 50 racks later I would be broke but all my frit would be nicely organised .