LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2016-03-24, 5:18am

Default Gentle Wave and Split Personality Beads Step by Step Tutorial

Hello Again! I'm on a roll! I created another tutorial with 2 types of bead instructions based on 1 lampworking technique. I am really getting into the tutorial writing, maybe someday I will be full time teacher?

Here is the link to the new tutorial:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/2871031..._home_active_1

Thank you!
Anna Miller

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2016-03-24, 5:33am

do you have a better photo ?
Old 2016-03-24, 6:05am

sure, here is a closeup of the beads

Old 2016-03-25, 8:06am

I think there is already a tutorial on this bead
Old 2016-03-25, 8:18am

hmm, that would be odd, this is one that I developed on my own... It is possible that someone else had similar inspiration. If you can find a link to it, I'd love to see it
thanks!
Anna

Old 2016-03-25, 10:46am

There was a wave bead tutorial - but it was a totally different technique and different result - you may have let the title of this tutorial confuse you. This is the other technique http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=99725

feel free to friend me on FB if you can handle bead pics, dog pics and family pics -
Old 2016-03-25, 11:52am

oh, yes, I have seen that one, it is totally different, very cool!
Anna

Old 2016-03-25, 11:55am
Ad astra per aspera

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowbird View Post
I think there is already a tutorial on this bead
Like this?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1022266...-bead-tutorial

Old 2016-03-25, 12:47pm

those are beautiful beads! I am not sure if the technique is the same, the final result does look very different. thank you for the link!

Old 2016-03-25, 12:59pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDreamer View Post
Michael's Baleen bead.
Hayley Tsang's dragon scales.
Julie Nordine highlighted it in her class.
Andrea Guarino's website has a heart listed.
Darcy York has her Ripple Bead Tutorial.
And then you have the armadillo method of this similar look.
Anouk Jasperse looks like she might touch on this method in her Bollywood pinks tutorial. But she mainly sticks to the armadillo method IIRC.

When the ammonite presses came through by bulk buy, there were a few suggestions on how to encase the imprints in that thread. The gallery has a few threads dedicated to certain techniques and discussions which also possess information on specific questions about specific methods of a specific look.
Old 2016-03-25, 1:06pm
Fried Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by APolt78293 View Post
those are beautiful beads! I am not sure if the technique is the same, the final result does look very different. thank you for the link!
I'm willing to bet Darcy York's Ripple Bead is similar. But.... Darcy's Ripple Bead is also deceptive. It looks complicated and will possibly put a new beginner off from trying a new technique.

I like your tutorial because I think beginners appreciate tutorials that they can tackle. Yes, if you play with glass for longer than a couple years and buy tutorials/attend classes, you're going to pick up this method very quickly. But a lot of beginners don't/won't have that opportunity. So this looks like something that is easily done, teaches something new to them, and is readily accessibly in one PDF file. That's a good thing. But.... it is an older technique, and I have to agree with a couple others. It has been taught before. Not exact bead of course, but the method is there.

Old 2016-03-25, 1:48pm

I appreciate all the comments. So the question is who I gear it towards?
I stated that it is for the intermediate glass artist, but that was due to the fact that I do not include any complete novice info in it. Should I change it to state it is for the beginner? I appreciate the feedback!
Thanks!
Anna

Old 2016-03-25, 1:57pm
Fried Cat

Advanced beginner with knowledge of basic lampworking skills.
Old 2016-03-25, 2:05pm

Thank you! I will adjust it