Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2014-05-15, 5:09pm
Melody of Glass

My first three are done except for the coring. They look awesome! Can't wait to core and finish them off to wear.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-05-15, 5:22pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliente View Post
My first three are done except for the coring. They look awesome! Can't wait to core and finish them off to wear.
Well, hurry up, will ya? I want to see pictures!

I have about 30 ready to core but I had to stop and make more bead caps today.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Nortel Minor with one Concentrator
Old 2014-05-15, 5:31pm
Melody of Glass

Oooh! That's what I could be doing tonight. Bead caps. Excellent idea.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2014-05-15, 6:47pm

I kinda hate that part. I actually have a bead that won't fit in the stupid corer thingy.
Old 2014-05-15, 7:53pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
I kinda hate that part. I actually have a bead that won't fit in the stupid corer thingy.
Is it because the tubing is too tall? Or is the bead too large in diameter?
If you have the Impress Liner, you can buy a "riser kit" for it.

Old 2014-05-16, 4:22pm

Yeah the core is a tad too tall and it won't fit under the top thingy. Today was really bad. One I capped and cored and somehow the one cap fell off and I didn't notice. crap
2 other beads I found a small dent in the glass after going thru all the trouble of capping and coring. Uggggg They must have touched something in the kiln.
Old 2014-05-16, 5:32pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Yeah the core is a tad too tall and it won't fit under the top thingy. Today was really bad. One I capped and cored and somehow the one cap fell off and I didn't notice. crap
2 other beads I found a small dent in the glass after going thru all the trouble of capping and coring. Uggggg They must have touched something in the kiln.
Arrrgh! I hate days like that!
I have a collection of capped and cored beads I've *collected* over time because they have the tiniest little flaw that no one would ever notice with the naked eye, but I know it's there. I almost have enough for a bracelet of misfits for myself.

My eyesight is getting so bad now I inspect every bead with a magnifying glass before I core it. That way I don't get any surprises when I see the close up on my computer.

Old 2014-05-16, 7:26pm

Good idea.
I went upstairs and poured a glass of wine.
Old 2014-05-20, 12:48pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Thought I'd show something from my newest batch. These are the same beads and the same pose. All I did was move the angle of the lights!

Old 2014-05-20, 1:00pm
Loving learning

Beautiful!
Old 2014-05-20, 6:28pm

Woot!
Old 2014-05-21, 3:47pm

Love these beads. Where does everyone get your smooth silver bead caps. Do you make your own or is there somewhere I can order them?
Old 2014-05-21, 4:09pm
Uh Oh....

Ginko sells them already made up here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ginkodesig...tion_leftnav_2
She has them already domed or undomed. I make my own because I have the equipment and it's a bit cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KFraley51 View Post
Love these beads. Where does everyone get your smooth silver bead caps. Do you make your own or is there somewhere I can order them?

Old 2014-05-21, 6:13pm

Thanks for the info will check out her etsy site.
Old 2014-05-21, 6:49pm
Uh Oh....

MetalMeThis sells some nice patterned and textured non-silver big hole bead caps too. She's on Etsy too.

Old 2014-05-22, 7:34pm

Well I'm not seeing a diff in moving the light but I probably did it wrong.
And the purple one cause I love the color. Of course it's blurry. Not retaking it tonight. haha.
Attached Images

Old 2014-05-22, 7:56pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Well I'm not seeing a diff in moving the light but I probably did it wrong.
And the purple one cause I love the color. Of course it's blurry. Not retaking it tonight. haha.
I think they both look fantastic, Pat!
And that purple one...oh my! I just want to lick it!
I've found that the more sparkly and beautiful the bead, the harder it is to capture in a photograph.

Old 2014-05-25, 1:37pm
Storm Queen

Finally got one cored.

Old 2014-05-25, 1:50pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Finally got one cored.
Sheesh! It took you long enough!
But it was worth the wait...It's beautiful, Amy!

Old 2014-05-25, 9:57pm
Storm Queen

Yeah, I've been busy with the bathroom remodel from hell.

Old 2014-05-26, 7:30am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Yeah, I've been busy with the bathroom remodel from hell.
Ahhh...Well, just keep telling yourself how fabulous it will be when it's finished. Can't wait to see how it turns out, especially the mirror!

Old 2014-05-26, 3:29pm

Whoa Amy and Lenora. Those are beauty's.
Old 2014-05-26, 3:30pm
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
I feel like my photography skills are rusty, but you get the idea.

That's awesome, Lenora! I LOVE seeing the results! Keep them coming!

Old 2014-05-26, 3:34pm
Dichro Addict

P.S. I deleted my original post and updated the photo. +2 macro lens seems to do the trick!

Old 2014-05-29, 7:35am

Well I took pictures.
Attached Images

Old 2014-05-29, 8:07am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post

P.S. I deleted my original post and updated the photo. +2 macro lens seems to do the trick!
Oh, WOW!!! What a difference the macro lens makes! It gets you right into the center of the bead! I really need to upgrade my little point and shoot camera!

Old 2014-05-29, 8:14am
Mmmmm....Raku

Quote:
Well I took pictures.
WOW, Pat! You've been busy! They all look fabulous!
I really like the bi-cone shaped beads.

Old 2014-05-29, 3:33pm

Aw thanks. I ve a bunch more but didn't want to hog. A couple have dings from touching in the kiln. Oh well
Old 2014-05-31, 1:36pm
Tweedle Dumb

Love this tutorial! Brilliant!

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2014-05-31, 1:53pm

Oh good one JL. I love it too
Attached Images