No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-09-09, 9:17am
Glass Obsessed!

Default Tips/Advice for Carlisle class?

I will be one very lucky lady this weekend taking a class with Kristina Logan at Carlisle and I wanted to ask if anyone had any advice/tips about taking a class at Carlisle. For example, is the stuido cold, hot, need a sweater, pack shorts, don't forget your water bottle---anything like that?

Thanks so much!@
Old 2009-09-09, 9:49am
Knob Creek Glass

You will love Kristina Logan!!!
Old 2009-09-10, 8:57am
PyronamixK

Kristina Logan is a lovely person and her beads are amazing. You are lucky!
Old 2009-09-10, 9:34am
ManBearPig

The studio can be hot when it's hot outside. When I did the marble flame-off there, I was sweating by the time I was done. Of course, there were like 18 torches going, and almost all of them were CC's raging full speed, so that may have had something to do with it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-10, 10:17am
Glass Obsessed!

Yeah, I guess the "hot" thing is a no-brainer! It's always hot in front of the torch! But are my toes going to be freezing? Or is that just my garage in January?
Old 2009-09-10, 10:52am
ManBearPig

The only time I've been there was during the summer. They had the garage doors open, but I was still wishing for an air conditioner.

Old 2009-09-10, 1:30pm

I loved taking classes there! If it's cold they have heaters. Good to warm up your hands, but not your feet. Every time I took a class there was snacks around. I think there was a soda machine but I can't remember for sure. Take your arm rests if you need them. The weather should still be pretty nice there this time of year. Cool in the morning and then it warms up. I miss autumn in NJ. Have fun!!!