Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2009-01-22, 6:19pm

Default Bead Fiesta - NYC

Hi - I just received a solicitation to join this new show in NYC, which is trying to replace the Urban Glass Show that fizzled two years ago. It is scheduled for the east side on April 18-19. I'm leaning toward vending, since I live in NJ, which keeps my overhead low, and since I used to do very well at the Urban Glass show. Does anyone know anything more about this? Is anyone from LE thinking of doing the show? jeri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2009-01-26, 2:25pm

I hadn't heard of it! I am in Viriginia now, so I will try and look it up. Maybe a great weekend of shopping!
Old 2009-01-26, 3:45pm

I saw their ad in Bead and Button, they do a number of shows, but so far I can't tell much about this one. Jeri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-01-26, 4:55pm
Happy Beadmaker!

"Bead Fiesta" is put on by Bev & Mac of MacArts (along with mom, Shirley) -- they've actually been doing a series of east coast shows three or four years now. (They took over Looie's Boston show a couple years ago.) They're super folks, dedicated to keeping costs down for their vendors, just all-around good group!

If I wasn't such a sissy about driving the motorhome up in that neck of the woods, I'd be doing their shows in the proverbial "New York heartbeat"!!!!

HTH!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-01-26, 5:29pm

Hey Lea - I know a friendly driveway in NJ that would fit a motor home! Just a thought!! Jeri

Old 2009-01-27, 5:19am
Happy Beadmaker!

Jeri, so sweet to offer your driveway! But I'd still have to drive there.

But do give Mac & Bev a try! I've meant to get one of their shows into my schedule the last couple of seasons...

Best,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-02-13, 11:51am

I am happy to hear good things about this show, we are going to a http://www.beadfiesta.com/ show on Sunday.
Old 2009-02-14, 6:21pm

Hi Jeri:

What Lea said!

I did Bead Fiesta West Chester, PA last Feb, and I did really well. If I could get to NYC that weekend, I'd give the show a try. The table rate was very reasonable compared to other shows in NYC. Unfortunately for me, that show is one weekend before RMBS out in Denver, so I think for this year, it would be too much running around for me.

Best,
Patti
In fact, the ability to start out upon your own impulse is fundamental to the gift of keeping going upon your own terms, not to mention the further and more fulfilling gift of getting started all over again -- never resting upon the oars of success or in the doldrums of disappointment....Getting started, keeping going, getting started again -- in art and in life, it seems to me this is the essential rhythm.... --Seamus Heaney

Old 2009-02-15, 7:28am

OK, OK, I guess I had better get it together on the app for this show.....I do wish you were coming Patti, fondling your beads makes me a whole lot less concerned about sales! Jeri

Old 2009-02-15, 9:20am

In fact, the ability to start out upon your own impulse is fundamental to the gift of keeping going upon your own terms, not to mention the further and more fulfilling gift of getting started all over again -- never resting upon the oars of success or in the doldrums of disappointment....Getting started, keeping going, getting started again -- in art and in life, it seems to me this is the essential rhythm.... --Seamus Heaney

Old 2009-02-18, 1:26pm
Susan

I did some Bead Fiesta shows a couple of years ago when I lived in the area. I thought they were well put together!! I would reccommend them!

Old 2009-02-18, 3:15pm
Queen Bee

Jeri,

I am in the process of deciding to be a vendor at this show with my vintage findings. I'm glad to see they have a good reputation. Does anyone else have any feedback on these shows, or others on the East Coast? I'm ready to jump in!

Many Thanks!!

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2009-04-16, 2:22pm

Hey Guys - please stop in and visit me if you are at the Bead Fiesta show this weekend in NYC. I am sharing a booth with Jennifer Place and although she isn't online, she makes great beads and jewelry!! Jeri

Old 2009-04-16, 2:49pm
Glass Obsessed!

Camilla and I will be there, Jeri!
Old 2009-04-16, 3:28pm

COOL!! I'm so glad! Jeri

Old 2009-04-19, 5:45pm

We just got home from the two day Bead Fiesta show in NYC. This show was small, intimate, and beautifully run. All of the advice I got about these folks was right on the mark!! How nice to meet artist/business people who know their stuff. Set up and break down was a snap, and the show was well advertised and organized.

Admittedly, at times the crowd was a little light, but many customers remarked at how happy they were to "find" some of the original Urban Glass bead vendors (a now defunct show). DEFINITELY keep this on your radar screen for next spring, I think with a little time there will be a ground swell of support for this show. Jeri