TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 19.02%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 421 37.59%
Howaco Glass 147 13.13%
islandglass!!! 88 7.86%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.20%
LBSupplies 113 10.09%
Moretti and More 208 18.57%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-01-29, 6:22pm

One thing that has always struck me about how vendors are rated is most people mention the speed of delivery. I don't know if that is the top quality people like or if it is just the first thing mentioned. For me, speed of delivery is the last quality I think about. This may be because any major order of glass from the US is going to take two weeks at least but even in-country orders can usually take a week or more, perhaps I am just used to it. The other side of that coin is that it doesn't matter how long it takes (within reason) if it isn't accurately picked and well packed, how fast it gets here will mean nothing.
I have only had one order seriously messed up in almost 5 years and that vendor is off my buying list, not because it was messed up, but because they wouldn't fix it, wouldn't pay for return shipping, wouldn't replace with the right item. (Not a vendor ever on LE, just mentioned occasionally).That was Mike's fault I went to these people cause he didn't have what I needed, Bad Mike! LOL I just call it a 'learning experience' now.

Cheers
Kym
Old 2010-01-29, 6:25pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I am up in Eskimo land and I receive my orders from HOWACO within week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2canoe View Post
I don't see my absolute favorite vendors on the list.....I really like Reenie at FlameKissedGlass and Paula at FlameDame. Both are super-fast on the shipping. I like Howaco's prices and JamieLynn is great, but their Post Office sucks. No one likes to wait almost two weeks for their glass when it can be in your hands in a couple of days from Reenie and Paula!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-03-08, 11:12am
working to pay for glass

In canada Nortel is great also !
Old 2010-03-08, 9:18pm

Gosh, it's hard to choose a best. Each vendor has their pros and cons. I love Frantz' selection and prices, but I feel like I've gotten better personal service from Moretti and More. I like the odds and ends from Arrow Springs but their online catalog could use updating. Olympic Color has been good to me, laboring with me after UPS severely messed up delivery of both the original package and the replacement (grrrr). I love Grace from Lauscha Lady and order my Lauscha from her, despite her being in Canada, just because of her service and friendliness. I also really, really like everyone at Glass Alchemy ... but that's Boro, not soft glass.

Old 2010-03-10, 3:12pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamplighter View Post
I hugely second this. JamieLynn's prices are awesome ... but I'm impatient. Reenie is on the West Coast, I'm on the East and I still have my package in 2 - 3 days. Talk about FASTTTTTT!!

Great selection, good prices and awesome Customer Service. Reenie rocks!!
I agree... Irene's service is the best! Product is ALWAYS packed professionally, and her glass ALWAYS gets from her, in California, to me in Florida in 3 days MAX. Sometimes 2 days!!

Jack

Old 2010-03-14, 12:41am

Hi, I am a newbie here and I haven't order from very many suppliers. But I really really like moretti and more. I always get my order fast. I have to say Jo-del is the worst. I have been waiting for almost two weeks for my order from. I wish I had read the other thread about her business.
Old 2010-03-14, 1:33am

I buy my glass directly from Bullseye,

tools and other supplies I buy from all over. ..Never had a problem or bad service yet. Glass people are nice

Old 2010-04-27, 8:13pm

TuffnellGlass
Old 2010-04-30, 8:29am

GlassDaddy has been great for Lauscha. Frank is very responsive and knows his glass.
Old 2010-05-20, 9:51am

I second Nortel Glass as a great supplier in Canada. The ladies there, especially Jean and Lorri, are amazing.
Old 2010-05-21, 5:30pm
Pincel de Fuego

Default I've only ever bought from Sundance Glass

Actually I ordered my kit two weeks ago and have had it for a week already! They shipped SUPER FAST considering I live in PANAMA! (The country)
Old 2010-05-23, 4:20am
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by candieschnak View Post
. I have to say Jo-del is the worst. I have been waiting for almost two weeks for my order from. I wish I had read the other thread about her business.
You maybe waiting indefinately

Sara

Old 2010-09-07, 6:49pm
Unmedicated since '62

yeah, how the hell did jodel get 43 votes?!!

oh, wait - 43 personalities and 43 logins

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-09-08, 8:31am

Default Need to add ABR

I really like working with the team from ABR.. Add them to your list.
Old 2010-09-08, 10:01am
Resident hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post

Perhaps those votes were in before things went pear-shaped for JoDel.
This thread started in 2006.

Have FUN!!!!! It's not about perfection..... Leslie - [not so] Crazy Woman

Old 2010-09-08, 2:02pm
Slave to the Flame

Is Moretti and More in business. I can't glass on their site?

Our Website!

Our Latest ITEMS

Supplies

Our BLOG
Old 2010-09-08, 3:05pm

They're on vacation until the 21th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beadaholic View Post
Is Moretti and More in business. I can't glass on their site?

Old 2010-09-08, 5:02pm

gafferglassusa.com Love their gaffer glass. All kinds of veioled gaffer also!
Old 2010-09-09, 2:39am

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2010-09-09, 6:01am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by demcc2 View Post
oh allright, i was having a snarky morning

yay, go jodel, whoot whoot whoot

better ?

Old 2010-09-09, 8:40pm
Slave to the Flame

Thanks guys on the info on Moretti and More! Glad to hear they are just on vacation!

Our Website!

Our Latest ITEMS

Supplies

Our BLOG
Old 2010-09-11, 12:09pm

Default where's lbsupply

what happened to lbsupply???i wanted to order some glass..Moretti and more is on vaca, jodel appears to have finally closed down and i can't find lbsupply..

Old 2010-09-11, 6:35pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by rverk47 View Post
what happened to lbsupply???i wanted to order some glass..Moretti and more is on vaca, jodel appears to have finally closed down and i can't find lbsupply..
became jons glass shack, then went toes up i think

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=145326

Old 2010-10-08, 11:11pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

I must have been lucky with jodel when I ordered years and years ago. I always got what I ordered.
My biggie is fair international postage and that they have to use usps because ups is sooo expensive internationally.
Locally I have only been buying from affordable inspiration lately - they are great! Can't wait till I get my new cgbeadroller (ribbed stubby bicone) on monday!
Old 2010-10-09, 6:28pm
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

The last 2 times I ordered were from Olympic Color & they also have great service.

Actually, I've never had bad service from any glass suppliers. I think they're all GREAT!!! I'm one of the very few who never even had a problem with JoDel.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-05-02, 7:21pm

I ordered from Delphi Glass in Lansing Michigan and got some beautiful colors. The staff is so friendly and helpful when I call with questions too.

Lanford BeadWorks
Old 2011-05-05, 7:17am

Artistry in Glass is amazing!

I've also loved dealing with Howaco, Moretti and More, Flamekissed Glass - basically any of the suppliers that I've used off LE have been super!

Aside from customer service and product, it's about shipping cost for me. Being in Canada, that's a biggie.
Old 2011-05-05, 6:18pm

I know a few of you have mentioned it but Nortel Manufacturing in Canada is phenomenal!

I started ordering glass through them a few years ago while I was living in British Columbia. I never had any issues when glass was shipped to me. Jean and Laurie were also happy to have it packed and ready for family members to pick up for me when they were coming out for a visit. When I moved back to Ontario Jean helped me get my studio together. It was great being able to get my Mid-Range plus directly from the manufacturer. If you are in the Toronto Area it's definitely worthwhile dropping by and checking the place out. You might think you are in the wrong place to start with. It's nestled in the corner of an industrial unit and you initially walk into an office. The magic happens in the back though! Always lots of glass to choose from and the guys in the back have even cut custom length mandrels for me on the spot!
Old 2011-05-08, 1:10pm

for Glass I use Glasscraft, Mountain Glass Arts,Arrow Springs and C&R Loo though I pick up from them
For tools ARTCO Malcolm is fantastic!
Morgan

#C-151

Last edited by Baywinger; 2011-05-08 at 1:13pm.
Old 2011-05-08, 6:35pm

So far we have only used Sundance, they have been great to work with and even put up with us walking in for a 40+ pound glass order. Even made it back to the East Coast without breaking a single 40'' long rod