Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-08-28, 4:12pm
lov'in life!!!

Default A quick question

I am on NG and it's only 2 lbs. of pressure. I want to switch between my NG and a tank. I still work soft glass (can't let it go yet) and I want this to be as simple as possible. I have a couple of windows in my studio, so my tank could go out there. It DOES have to be outside, right? haha

Anyway, could someone help me as to HOW this would work and what I would need? I can't wrap my head around it.

TIA

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-08-28, 4:22pm
Incognito

Tank ALWAYS outside. You will need a hose approved for propane and a regulator. My tank is outside my window and I bring my hose in thru the window to my torch and run it under the workbench. I have a concentrator so that is my 02 source. My minor torch I run about 5 on propane and mini cc I run a tad below 5. I have a flash back arrestor on my propane line. When I am done I disconnect and store it all. Just takes a few minutes to set up and breakdown. Have fun.
Linda
Old 2006-08-30, 4:03am
lov'in life!!!

I was kidding about the tank but thanks I already use two oxycons but what I want to do is have some sort of quick disconnect to be able to go from the tank outside, to the fitting that comes out of my floor for the NG. Just an easy switcheroo. Does this make sense? Maybe I'm not asking the question the right way, hmmm.

Is there another forum that I should be asking this on? Anyone.....

Old 2006-08-30, 5:20am
ManBearPig

Yeah, they make quick connects that will do exactly what you want to do. Any welding supply shop should have them. I have them too if you can't find them locally.

Old 2006-08-30, 11:49am
lov'in life!!!

Oh thank you SO much Chad. So, is this a fitting that will be on the end of my hose, the tank and NG connector, or all three? By any chance, do you have a picture of what I would need? I have a guy that ran my gas line, he works for trane. Would he know what I needed?

I am SO excited to be finally able to get some heat!!!

Old 2006-08-31, 5:37am
ManBearPig

They look similar to this (this isn't the exact one I have):

They go inline with the hose. So you will run a length of hose, attach one end of the connector, then attach more hose to the other end of the connector. Attach the open ends of the hose to your regulator and torch. The male end (the smaller diameter end, that goes inside the other) goes on the torch side. The female end goes on the supply side.