Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-11-13, 12:30pm

Default Looking for 4mm spring luster

Anyone know where I can get the 4mm of this? Seems hard to find right now ..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-11-16, 9:28pm

Can you pull stringers? Not all boro makers make rod of different sizes in colors. normally about 6mm is the standard size... good luck to you..

Old 2008-11-16, 10:07pm

Yep ... I can, but wanted to save me the time!

I though GA did deliberately make 4mm rods in different colors but haven't found them so far!

Old 2008-11-17, 6:49am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadiesJewels View Post
Yep ... I can, but wanted to save me the time!

I though GA did deliberately make 4mm rods in different colors but haven't found them so far!
Call GA and talk to them directly. They may have some in stock, but just not enough to make it worth advertising.

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2008-11-17, 6:49am
ManBearPig

They don't make spring luster in 4mm rods.

If you go to GA's site and look at the colors, above all the color sample pics it tells you what size rods they are available in.

Old 2008-11-23, 4:22pm

Wow ... that's really interesting because I used some a few weekends ago - I took a workshop with Andrew Brown and used it there! I think he has an "in" with GA though! I've been doing what I want to do with the 8mm ... just not as tidy and neat as I think it should be.

I just made my first turtle from your tut in Glassline! I had problems with the fins and getting them properly attached and of equal size - if he looks reasonable I'll show him in the boro thread tomorrow.

Andrew's class was spectacular ... in case anyone ever gets a chance to take a class from him.

Old 2008-11-23, 5:10pm
Pyromaniac

Mountain Glass Arts has 4 mm rods from GA, but I did not see any Spring Luster listed. Maybe call them or Glass Alchemy, they are nice people.

4 mm rods from Glass Alchemy

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-11-23, 5:22pm

Thanks Lana ... yes I need to get on the phone - yuck!

Old 2008-11-23, 5:42pm
Pyromaniac

I know it is not the same, but what about Triple Passion in 4 mm? Lots of pretty colors from that rod.

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2008-11-24, 12:47pm

Lol ... My son wants a bead for his girlfriend ... the original was in Spring luster ... I tried one in other colors - it looks great but doesn't meet his "needs". Sigh - still now that I have the 4mm link (thanks very much Lana) I may just experiment a bit with other colors!

Old 2008-11-26, 7:07am
yukue fumei

I will look and see--I think I have some 4mm from the Customer Appreciation sale four years ago....
but I am not sure if it is Spring Luster...

nagi

Old 2008-11-28, 9:34am
yukue fumei

did you still need these? I have some....

nagi

Old 2008-11-28, 1:00pm

Ooh Nagi ... would love to buy it from you if you don't want it ... I'll pm you! Thanks!

Old 2008-11-29, 11:16am
yukue fumei

nagi

Old 2008-11-29, 10:30pm

You are da bomb!

Thank you .... really too sweet ... Denise gave me a RAOGK! What a sweetie!!!

Old 2008-11-29, 11:15pm
Ad astra per aspera

If you need more, please PM me. I got a bunch of 4mm colors from GA a few years ago, I might have some.

Old 2008-11-30, 9:06am
yukue fumei

aww-you are so welcome Sadie!
I haven't used it since trying it so it will have a better home with you!

nagi