LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2006-08-09, 4:22pm
Dichro Addict

Default What would you change in your studio???

If you could change one thing in your studio what would it be???

For me, I would change my make-up air source. I only have one window in my studio which I use for the exhaust fan. I have to open a window outside the room for make-up air. It's so hot in Texas, so this doesn't work well. I sometimes run a duct from the window right to the side of my bench, but it would be so nice to just cut through the wall and duct straight into my work area.

What about you???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2006-08-09, 4:30pm
Formerly SirWatson

My studio location.

*drooling over the thought of my new shed*

<><
Old 2006-08-09, 6:15pm
Satake Woman!

air conditioning in the garage so I can work in the nasty southern summer!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-08-10, 12:59pm
ManBearPig

I would get all this junk out of it so we can finally get up and running!!!

www.soleiletlune.com/studio

It does look a little better now than when these were taken, but still a good ways to go...

Old 2006-08-10, 1:26pm

OMG! chad That is gonna be awesome! please continue to show us progress!

Old 2006-08-10, 1:27pm

we plan to turn the garage into a studio. There will be seating for my daughter to be out there with a tv so we can both torch. It needs a new roof so that is in the next few months. I knew my evil plan of letting shane torch would pay off... I get the GARAGE!!

Old 2006-08-10, 3:44pm
HourGlass Studio

The direction that the entire set up faces. My back is to everyone. I hate that because to check on my son playing or to talk to anyone I have to completly turn around to see them.

Old 2006-08-19, 10:25am

I'd change the size. I had it built in 1997 and it's 12'x16'. I didn't want it so big that it took up a lot of the driveway length. But if I had it to do over, I'd say at least 16'x16'. Of course, if I did that, I'd probably be wishing for 20'x20' today. You can never have enough space. I also make silver jewelry and enameling, so I need separate areas for different work. Most of my workbenches and tables are on wheels, so if I'm not using a particular one I can move it out of the way. This works pretty well.
Old 2006-08-19, 3:20pm

My own space!!! Right now I'm in the laundry room, sharing space with twin's toy storage!! But its air conditioned, with everything I need, and looking out on our back yard and garden, so I'll quit complaining!!!
Mary T.
Old 2006-08-19, 7:19pm

I think I want to turn around. I am also with my back to the whole room. I like being in the same room with the family though. I thought about putting mirrors in front of me on the wall so I could see behind me, like a rear view mirror. Then I wondered if the light from the torch would blind me. So I haven't tried that yet. If anyone knows the answer to this it would be nice to have it noted here

BoniBell
Old 2006-08-19, 10:07pm
HourGlass Studio

I had a window in front of me before and I did get some glare from outside. At night all I could see was my reflection. I hated that. I thought having a window in front of me would be great but it wasnt. I like where I am now, just wish I was facing everyone. It creeps me out sometimes at night. Out of the corner of my eye I see shadows and always think someone is behind me.