No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2014-11-18, 9:35pm
Mr Brutus RIP

Default Studio questions, please help!!

I am planning for a larger studio area. I have 2 torches set up now, one for me and one for my son or anyone else.

Right now in my small studio we face the wall sitting. I'm thinking about having a table in the center of the room with one on each side opposite of eachother. But i'm not sure if I want that way or perhaps in a u shape? grrrrr.
So, if you have more than one torching area, how is it set up? do you like it that way or hate it.......what do you wish you did different?

My studio now is about an 8x10 and my bench runs along the shorter wall, my kiln is in the center, one torch on each side and my presses are in front of me with glass above...... my bench looks SO crowded!!

ok, lets hear your ideas!! Pleeeeease!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-11-19, 7:48am
Mr Brutus RIP

Darn, thought I'd come in here and see atleast one comment

Old 2014-11-20, 10:10pm

Unhappy

I am not any help

Only time I had 2 torches, they were side by side and faced wall. I had 2 concentrators so but put splitter on propane so we were able to use one propane tank.
The kiln sat between torches also...so could be shared. So side by side was most practical for my set up.

Good luck. It is fun to redesign!

Jolene
Old 2014-11-21, 8:00am
old fart

i would comment except there is too little information.....where is the makeup air duct??? what size??? where is your ventilation duct???? what size???

rarely do facing torches have adequate ventilation because you do not have baffles.....it is better IMHO, to have 2 independent lampworking areas each one with baffles extending down the backside and both sides of the torch to the work surface.

Old 2014-11-21, 10:12am
Mr Brutus RIP

at the moment is it empty,nothing! I'm trying to decide what to do.

In my studio I have now, it is the same set up as Jolene. I'm in an 8x10 shed.
The new room is like 14 x 18 ish. It is completely empty. Just not sure what to do.....

Old 2015-02-16, 2:30pm
Phill

I would suggest two separate work / torch stations with individual exhaust ports to each and maybe a finger island jutting out between them.

The ventilation issues will be easier to figure and you wont have to worry about popping hot glass spitting in each others face.

Doing a central table in the middle of the room is not worth the effort of engineering the ventilation and make up air unless you are going to teach classes of more that three at a time.

Do the long wall and figure six feet of work area each ( both arms stretched out for each of you) with the kiln between you.