Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions > Torch Questions

Old 2007-08-26, 5:44am
Striking-impared...

Default Concentrator Woes

One of my concentrators doesn't want to work anymore. Can anyone give me some suggestions for troubleshooting? Here's what happens:

I turn on the concentrator and it starts up normally. Then within 30 to 60 seconds, the generator part quits, and oxygen stops flowing. The unit is still on (lights are still lit), but no flow. The unit normally hums/vibrates while it's flowing, but all those sounds quit at the same time the flow stops.

The filters are OK. I can't think of why it would start normally and then just stop like that. I've tried it a few different times, in case once was a fluke, but no joy.

It is a Mobilare, 5 LMP. I've had it for almost 3 years, never had a problem with it before.

Is it dead? Or something potentially fixable (for less than the cost of a new concentrator)?

Fortunately I have a second 5 LMP concentrator, so I can still make beads. But it is woefully slow compared to using two.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-27, 10:38am

Hello Gail,
If you would like to give me a call I will tell you what to look for and hopefully you can get it back up and running yourself.

Larry LaClair
Oxygenplus Medical Systems Inc.