Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-12-15, 9:21pm
Lampworkaholic!

Well that is pretty Suzy. Is it Cranberry Sapphrine or Sapphrine Punch? i have some of both and have never gotten a hint of blue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-12-16, 4:17am
sunscreen me baby

It's the cranberry, but you can see the blue really well in the older sapphrine. I know I posted pictures way back when it first came out. Let me see if I can find them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~

Old 2012-12-16, 4:27am
sunscreen me baby

I can't find it but I do remember it was seltzer sappharine I was thinking about.

~

Old 2012-12-18, 11:56am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
I like the transparents. Is your addy in RAOK? If not pm me and I'll send you a butt load of pastel purples.
OK, you were totally not kidding! This is a ton of glass, THANK YOU SO MUCH! I can't wait to torch... I love these colors as a base for frit, especially in the sage and olive family, or for copper green stringer. I'll have to send you some beads!

Old 2012-12-18, 12:01pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
I can't find it but I do remember it was seltzer sappharine I was thinking about.
I love the sappharine seltzer... actually, I love all of the sappharines. They are weird, but they have a kind of ethereal gemstone-like quality to them that I like a lot. I usually just use them by themselves, but a hint of frit or powder on them is also nice.

Old 2012-12-18, 12:58pm
sunscreen me baby

You are very welcome Kalera. I would love Kalera beads

~

Old 2012-12-19, 8:07pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
I love the sappharine seltzer... actually, I love all of the sappharines. They are weird, but they have a kind of ethereal gemstone-like quality to them that I like a lot. I usually just use them by themselves, but a hint of frit or powder on them is also nice.
Does that mean if I send you my Sapphrine stash I get a Kalera bead?

I can make almost any glass look good with the right frit, but I can't overcome the weird yellowish cast on Sapphrine Punch.

I have some odd Sunset Coral that is almost as bad.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-12-19, 8:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post

The odd lot light batch?
Old 2012-12-19, 8:57pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndaJ View Post
The odd lot light batch?
I do believe that's the one.. I think I liked the regular Sunset Coral.

Old 2012-12-19, 9:38pm
Loving learning

Because I'm curious, can someone tell me who makes "sappharine" colors & who sells them? Are they 104?
Old 2012-12-20, 4:06am
sunscreen me baby

Oh I love that odd sunset coral. Was it the recent one that was a sappharine? It's really pretty etched. I use it for my flower disc earrings.

Eileen, it's a Bullseye color. 90

~

Old 2012-12-20, 7:16am
Loving learning

Thanks Suzy, I'll write it down & hope I can find the note when I get some 90 to play with (because I just know I will!)
Old 2012-12-20, 7:30am
Formerly FishBulb

I've been thinking about these Superman beads you've been showing in this thread.... Paypal is insisting I verify my account 'cause my spending is now limited, and it's probably about time that I do so, so once I can spend again I'm going to post a WTB: All Your Superman thread in the Garage Sale.

I've been working on a new design and this stuff would be absolutely perfect for it.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2012-12-20, 8:24am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
Because I'm curious, can someone tell me who makes "sappharine" colors & who sells them? Are they 104?
They are Bullseye. Coe in the range of 90.

Old 2012-12-20, 10:58pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
Oh I love that odd sunset coral. Was it the recent one that was a sappharine? It's really pretty etched. I use it for my flower disc earrings.
I bet is is a Sapphrine, it has the same ickiness that the SAPU has.

If someone wants to trade something for it, I'll weigh it all up tomorrow. I think I have about a half lb. of each.

Old 2012-12-21, 10:12am
sunscreen me baby

I'll trade Elizabeth. Is there a BE color you want?

~

Old 2012-12-21, 10:26am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Does that mean if I send you my Sapphrine stash I get a Kalera bead?

I can make almost any glass look good with the right frit, but I can't overcome the weird yellowish cast on Sapphrine Punch.

Ummm YES Of COURSE!

I need to get into my studio... I owe two people beads right now! This weekend is going to have to be a torching weekend.

Old 2012-12-23, 4:20pm
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
I'll trade Elizabeth. Is there a BE color you want?
Sweet. Do you have any of the Sunflower and Clear odd lot? Or any of the pale tints?

Old 2012-12-23, 9:48pm
Lampworkaholic!

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Ummm YES Of COURSE!

I need to get into my studio... I owe two people beads right now! This weekend is going to have to be a torching weekend.
Cool. I'll check weights tomorrow when the kids leave to go to their dad's.

Old 2012-12-24, 4:47am
sunscreen me baby

Quote:
Sweet. Do you have any of the Sunflower and Clear odd lot? Or any of the pale tints?
I probably have the sunflower and clear odd, but this is going to have to wait until after the NY.

~

Old 2012-12-24, 7:50am
I think I could be a bead

I just found this thread!!! Well, I just don't get bored with color. I have a hard time disliking any color. Oh, well.

Old 2012-12-24, 10:47am
Artistically Absorbed

My least favorite color is Apricot Jam. I love most oranges, this one is , YUCK!

Believe in Yourself and Anything is Possible!
SRA Artist A64

Old 2012-12-24, 11:53am
Lampworkaholic!

Quote:
I probably have the sunflower and clear odd, but this is going to have to wait until after the NY.
No worries. It will still be here.