LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2013-05-03, 5:00pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Just wanted to post here that I no longer supply the recipe for the powder with my tutorial. I carry it in my Etsy store under the tutorial section.

Ebay:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-03, 5:28pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Hmmmm. =(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-05-03, 5:35pm

I have to say I was very disappointed to find that out after I bought the tutorial. I guess I should have asked first since the thread was old?
Old 2013-05-03, 5:48pm

Guess I should have bought this sooner-before the recipe was removed.

Georgia
Old 2013-05-03, 7:49pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I did, and when I noticed that I lost I ask for it to be resent... I got the new version.

Old 2013-05-04, 2:32am
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
I have to say I was very disappointed to find that out after I bought the tutorial. I guess I should have asked first since the thread was old?

This^^^^^

Old 2013-05-04, 8:55am

Quote:
Originally Posted by echeveria View Post
I totally agree. I don't like having to send for the stuff to make the beads after paying for the tut. Very disappointing.
Old 2013-05-04, 9:24am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

When you run out of materials to make the powder you are going to have to order more from someone. Same as when you run out of your favorite frit. I dont think the frit makers or shard makers share their recipes. To buy the items seperately to make the powder is expensive. Also the company will not ship materials internationally including Canada.

Ebay:
Old 2013-05-04, 9:41am

If you want to sell lots of powder then why not make the tut free?
Old 2013-05-04, 9:50am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

You don't have to buy the tutorial to play with the powder.

Ebay:
Old 2013-05-04, 9:52am

How you choose to do it is fine with me. I just felt like this thread mislead me into purchasing something other than what I thought I was buying. I bought the tutorial because you specifically stated that you included the recipe. Now I find that it is not true.

Last edited by echeveria; 2013-05-05 at 6:49am.
Old 2013-05-04, 10:01am
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Its more than a tutorial that shows you how to apply frit on a bead. Its a technique for making the beads that is pictured on the cover. You cannot just roll your bead in the powder to obtain the look. Btw it is not frit. I wouldn't have bothered writing it otherwise.

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2013-05-06 at 3:00pm.
Old 2013-05-04, 10:12am

I am not going to fight with you about it. It is just $25, so I will just chalk it up as a learning experience and make sure that I clarify the elements that are important to me up front in the future. You feel insulted, I feel ripped off, so overall, quite a negative experience for both of us. I will get over it, and hopefully you will too. I believe that's the final thing I have to say on the subject.
Old 2013-05-04, 10:46am
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeedz1 View Post
Just wanted to post here that I no longer supply the recipe for the powder with my tutorial. I carry it in my Etsy store under the tutorial section.
Thing is Patsy, you stated in the very first post of this thread - dated 11-4-10 - that the powder receipe was included in the tutorial and it has remained there and is still there. This thread was brought back to the top of the tutorial room on 4-27-13. Only then did you post on 5-3-13 that the powder receipe was no longer in the tutorial. To be fair, in my humble opinion, you should include the receipe in those sales that took place before you made that post.

Last edited by dla; 2013-05-04 at 12:12pm.
Old 2013-05-04, 12:56pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

If anyone has purchased my tutorial prior to May 3rd and did not receive the recipe for the powder, please pm me and I will send it to you. I have already taken care of a few of you.

Patsy

Ebay:
Old 2013-05-04, 12:59pm
what's a senior moment ?

Thanks Patsy ! I'm sure I speak for all we certainly appreciate it.

Old 2013-05-04, 1:27pm

Thank you Patsy. It was good of you to clear up the problem.
Old 2013-05-15, 1:30pm

Thanks, Patsy, for sending the powder recipe.

I am still a bit bothered by this whole thing about it was included, then it wasn't included.

Although the tutorial is extremely well written and illustrated by great photography, I feel that the key ingredient was "held back" by the author in order to gain future monies (royalties?).

That would be similar to saying here's the tut that you paid for, but for the ONLY glass that you can use in it - surprise! - you have to buy from me again and again.

It's not the best way to sell this in the future, Patsy.

Barbara
Old 2013-05-16, 5:09pm
To Bead Or Not To Bead

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I made more yesterday using a glass color that I know for sure what it is. The ones I posted I'm not sure what the glass color is I just know that it's a silver glass probably from Precision Color.
[quote=28676bhe;4317539]Thanks, Patsy, for sending the powder recipe.

I am still a bit bothered by this whole thing about it was included, then it wasn't included.

Although the tutorial is extremely well written and illustrated by great photography, I feel that the key ingredient was "held back" by the author in order to gain future monies (royalties?).

That would be similar to saying here's the tut that you paid for, but for the ONLY glass that you can use in it - surprise! - you have to buy from me again and again.

It's not the best way to sell this in the future, Patsy.[/QUOT

I don't see how this would concern you Barbara. You have received the recipe and how or if I sell anymore tutorials is really insignificant to you. It has been documented here and on the tutorial that the recipe is no longer included. Knowing that, the customer can choose to purchase or not. I think that you are trying to stir the pot again on this subject. I feel that I've been fair to all that have purchased the tutorial by releasing it to those that bought before my announcement. So that's kind of all I have to say on this matter.

Ebay:

Last edited by killerbeedz1; 2013-05-16 at 5:38pm.
Old 2013-05-16, 5:33pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'm guessing that quoting me in the above message was an error?

Old 2013-05-16, 5:36pm
"Sinners have soul too"

BTW, I think Patsy has fixed the "problem" for people who bought the tutorial prior to when she removed the recipe, so let's leave it at that.

There are plenty of tutorials out there with specific frit blends, etc that you need to use to make the beads in the tutorial, I don't see this as being any different.

Old 2013-05-16, 10:02pm

My apologies, Patsy. You are correct - it is your tutorial.

Barbara