No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-10-16, 12:53pm
Fast Roller

Default Is my concentrator toast?

Having more problems with my concentrator. After a week of less than normal LPM readings, now it won't work without sounding the alarm and shutting down. It's a Mobil-Aire V, and the clock reads 36,000 hours, although it was reconditioned (I think). I got it from Suncoast about 2 years ago.

Anything I can do to troubleshoot? The filters and lines are clear, and before the warning bell sounds it does put out O2, at a rate of everything from 2 1/2 to 4 LPM.

Ideas? Help! (Anyone know where I can get one cheap if this one is toast?)
Old 2006-10-16, 12:55pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

This is the cheapest I have seen with a long warranty - it is $100 less than I paid for the same unit from the same vendor 4 months ago.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35673
Old 2006-10-16, 2:23pm
Rose colored glasses…√

You'll see on the side when you open it up some little lights and what they mean. Mine's the same kind, and doing the same thing, my hubby and I have traced it down to the pressure regulator, which I can't see as being a problematic part because it's not like it regulates a whole heck of a lot of pressure, but...I didn't exactly "follow directions" when it came to bleeding the pressure off either. I'll try to see what I can find on the part, but there's a person named Justin on here that'll probably more readily have your answer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2006-10-16, 4:35pm
Fight glass with FIRE

I'd buy a reconditionned unit from Justin and Larry at oxygen plus medical. You'll get well worth your money's worth since they are rebuilt beyond what any other company will do! They are excellent at helping you out and giving you guidelines for the proper use of the concentrator. If you want to get rid of your problems buy a devilbiss unit. They are tough as hell and easier to take care of.

Emmanuel Germain
Old 2006-10-16, 6:13pm

Hope there is an easy fix for your oxy con! If not, Hobbies for Us has great prices on reconditioned concentrators http://www.hobbiesforus.com
Several people on LE have bought from them. I've only had mine 8 months, but I've never had a problem. They were very helpful and delivery was quick.
Old 2006-10-16, 7:46pm
Fast Roller

I got the concentrator about 2 years ago, but spent most of that time either not using it, or running it for less than an hour at a time (I was very sick last year). I wish I'd noticed the time on it when I got the thing, but I'd be surprised if I put on more than about 250 hours during that time. Really can't afford to buy another one right now. Are there parts out there for these older models? Justin?
Old 2006-10-16, 8:20pm

Why don't you check with Paulette? Or is she completely out of the biz now?
Old 2006-10-16, 8:24pm
Fast Roller

She's not in the business anymore. I may buy one of the concentrators on the hobbiesforus.com site--seems to be really affordable. Gee, I feel broke.
Old 2006-10-18, 12:44am
Wandering Fool.

Paulette isn't in business, but it was passed to somebody else who cares for the community like she did. (Their web page is - http://www.pyronamix.com/ ) And I apologize, but I'm bad with name. (I know it's bad when I have to refer to my DL for what my own is. :O )

Jp =) (I think that's what it is today. )
Old 2006-10-19, 5:10am

Good Morning,
I believe you may just have a valve that needs to be cleaned. If a mobileair 5
unit sits for an extended period of time the stainless steel valve sets up. If you would like information on how to do this yourself you are welcome to give me a call and I will walk you threw the steps on how to get the unit up and running without having to spend a penny. It will take you about 10 minutes of your time to clean the valve. As a general rule you should start up a concentrator at least once a month if you are not using it regularly. Some machines are more finiky than others
I am glad you are feeling better.

Larry LaClair
www.oxygenplusmedical.com
Old 2006-10-19, 6:50pm
Fast Roller

I want to thank all of you who took the time to respond both in the thread and by PM. It's working again! I guess you folks were right--it just needed to be run.

One PM told me to run it until it quit, and then wait 5 minutes before starting again. And to repeat as often as necessary until it runs properly. That seems to have done the trick.

Thank you all so much--I will keep the seller info handy, but for now I'm back in business!