No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-11-13, 8:30am

Default tp masher is great

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=4978

i just got the masher yesterday, WOW its fantastic. i was concerned about the weight but it opens and closes so easily it was great.
i am making dozens of ornaments and this greatly reduced my time and strain on the glass as you can set the distance it squishes so its consistent every time. i highly recommend it!
i also love that its graphite and not steel, no rust or marks on the glass and minimal fire polishing.
i got the large round flat head
ro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2008-11-13, 10:17am
Who me?

Wish it came with small sized heads.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:28pm

I wish it was a lot cheaper...sigh

granny
Old 2008-11-13, 1:34pm
boro color bender

These are friggin awesome... the bionic masher!

They are not nearly as heavy as they look and the action is soooo smooth!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2008-11-14, 3:06pm

I want one, but the site says they are out of stock!! I'm wishin' for Christmas!!
Mary T.

Old 2008-11-15, 7:02am

mine ended up coming from wale apparatus.
http://www.waleapparatus.com/catalog...showprevnext=1
they seem to be in stock there.
ro

Old 2008-11-15, 1:21pm
Satake Woman!

I got mine from Wale, and it was worth every penny. Finally, consistent cube beads!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-11-15, 3:11pm
Surrounded by Trouble

These are on my Christmas wish list, I used them at GS and couldn't believe when I picked them up how light they were. Easy to use and such a great even press each time.
I will order mine from Wale also, can't beat the discount with ever order.

Old 2008-11-16, 4:12pm

Now its on my Christmas list for sure!! For those of you who have it, can I ask what kind of heads you got and like the best??
Thanks!!
Mary T.

Old 2008-11-17, 5:55am
Satake Woman!

I have the plain round ones that came with it. I'd really like to have a long rectangular set for squashing super long beads, but they haven't made that one yet.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2008-11-17, 7:41am

i have the flat round ones. but there is a larger square head available that might work for longer beads.
ro

Old 2008-11-17, 11:45am

Glad to hear that you like them. The feedback has been great, and we did work with several local flameworkers when making these to try and answer all the needs.

We do have them in stock right now, ready for shipment. http://www.waleapparatus.com/catalog...showprevnext=1

As for the heads, the lentil has been very popular, and the radials as well people like. We want to develope more heads, but we have to make a couple hundred at a time, and haven't found any new designs that we feel comfortable doing yet at those quantities.

Also, I have had people tell me they are turning around the round flat heads they get, since both sides of each head are flat, and carving into them. Making their own designs on one side and then leaving the other side flat.

-always a sale and new items to check out!
East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!
Old 2008-11-17, 3:03pm

Long rectangular ones for long beads would be great!! I do a lot of beads that are longer than 2", the size of the square ones. How big are the round flat ones that come with the masher??
Mary T.

Old 2008-11-18, 6:18am

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarara View Post
How big are the round flat ones that come with the masher??
They are 1 11/16".

On the new heads, it might be a bit, since this current economy has put such a strain on everyone in the glass industry. When we are ready to move forward with the investment of making more heads, I think I might post a poll here on LE. Maybe even have a nomination thread first. The feedback from this community is invaluable!

-always a sale and new items to check out!
East coast supplier of colored glass rod in 104 and 33, tools, torches, gloves, and everything else a flameworker needs
Where LE users receive 15% off glass, and 10% on everything else, every day all year long!
Old 2008-11-18, 12:22pm

Thank you Chris, for your answer and for being receptive to our feedback. Great products and great customer service are invaluable!!!
Mary T.

Old 2008-11-19, 9:38am
Surrounded by Trouble

Chris has just posted that Wale is giving a pair of TP mashers away with all the heads!!!
I am sure I can find a lot of things I need to purchase from Wale to enter in their contest.
I want these TP Mashers!
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=112129