No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2009-10-21, 9:54am
Pattyglass

Thumbs up Glass Craft & Bead Expo.2010......Las Vegas

Our annual show catalog is at the printers and set to be mailed next week. Our website will open next week for class registrations...... keep checking to make sure you do not miss out on your favorite classes!!!!
Old 2009-10-21, 1:27pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Great! I was about to go into panic mode!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Contributing member of the EPIC FLOUNCE thread 2013
Proud member of YOU PEOPLE thread.
Old 2009-10-25, 6:29am

The website's class listing is up. I have my eye on "Wonderful Whimsicals... Sculptural with Catherine Weaver. Has anyone taken this class, or any class with her?
Old 2009-10-25, 6:57am
Blue Diamond Glassworks

I took Catherine Weaver's From the Garden to the Sea last year and thorougly enjoyed it. Although I never really made beads exactly like hers, I brought a lot out of the class that I use in my every day beads.

Phyllis
Old 2009-10-26, 4:15pm
Pattyglass

Thumbs up Class registration for Glass Craft & Bead Expo 2010

Our website is live for class / hotel registrations.
Our classes are filling up fast so if there is something in particular you like, go ahead and register.
All books should be out in the mail this week.
Hope to see you all in Las Vegas in April!
If you would like to exhibit, I still have some space available.
Patty
Old 2009-11-11, 4:14pm
Pattyglass

Default Glass Craft & Bead Expo

Books are out and in many hands by now..........Classes are filling up quickly!!! If there is a specific class you are interested in, sign up before all the seats are taken!!!
Old 2009-11-15, 8:02am
Wooohooo,GS!

Catharine's classes are super! She TA'd for me there for years before she started teaching at the show and is a wonderful teacher!

Hi Patty, hope all is great! Hugs!

deb

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-11-21, 3:32pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Yay! I'll be there again this year, just signed up for Josh Mazet's marble class on Friday... woooo hoooo

Old 2009-11-29, 9:30am
Debra Clutter

I was trying to get into the website to sign up for some classes also, but their server must be down. Can anyone else get into it?

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2009-11-29, 11:23am

No, I can't get the site either. =[

Old 2009-11-29, 11:25am
"Sinners have soul too"

Yup, seems there is something wrong...

Old 2009-11-29, 3:13pm
Debra Clutter

Ok the site is finally back up! I can't decide between to BEGINNING HOLLOW BEADS 2- Day Class or Deb Crowley's BEGINNING BOROSILICATE SCULPTURE class. Has anyone taken either one of these in the past?

#C-108
Art is the desire of a man to express himself, to record the reactions of his personality to the world he lives in. -Amy Lowell-

Old 2009-11-29, 3:17pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Take the boro class... I think if you're in a beginner anything class you'll be disappointed.

Also, if you want, I can show you how I make hollow beads

Old 2009-11-29, 3:22pm
Debra Clutter

Donna, Deb's class? I have a tutorial on hollow beads and I bought some tubing. I just need to give it a try. I would love to watch you make one.

#C-108

Old 2009-11-29, 3:51pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Yes, if I was you and those were the ones I was trying decide on, I would choose Deb's class. It would be fun if you took Josh's boro marble class with me though!

I just think, in my experience, that if you took any class described as "beginner", you'll be disappointed.

I've never made a hollow bead with tubing... is that one boro too??

Old 2009-11-29, 8:17pm
Debra Clutter

Yeah, they were both boro classes. I thought about taking the marble class with you, but I have never made one before. I think I would do ok. Humm.....

HG-FR-74-A - BEGINNING HOLLOW BEADS 2- Day Class
[-] Click to close

•Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm

•Saturday 8:00am - 4:00pm

•Hugh Salkind
, Hugh Glass

•Bob Snodgrass
, Snodgrass Glass Supply

•BEGINNER WITH SOME EXPERIENCE

This 2-day class will focus on off mandrel hollow beads. Students will get experience using boro-tubes, color, fuming, and hand-tools. Hugh starts the class with a history of hollow beads, including best practices. Day 1 also covers basic shaping and finishing through demonstrations and hands-on experimenting. By the second day, students will learn color application and design tech-niques, such as fuming silver and gold, and applying clear and color lines and dots. Class is limited in size to allow for personal attention. Class is taught using borosilicate glass tubes on hand torches - materials provided. Students bring: didymium glasses and notebook/pen. Students leave with their beads and new ideas and techniques.

Class Limit: 6

#C-108

Last edited by dclutter64; 2009-11-29 at 8:30pm.
Old 2009-11-29, 8:30pm
"Sinners have soul too"

The hollow boro beads looks cool... I just worry that it says "beginner" and people who have never lit a torch before will be monopolizing the class... that's what happened to me in Doug Remschneider's class last year.

Old 2009-12-07, 12:25pm
Pattyglass

Thumbs up Glass Craft & Bead Expo

Classes are filling up!!!! We have some of the top instructors in their fields... don't miss out...
The showfloor is just about 85% filled.........lots of goddies await!!!
Old 2009-12-07, 10:34pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Signed up for my class today! Might sign up for another one...gotta' look some more.

Old 2009-12-08, 4:44pm

Tillie, if you want another class, you better sign up quickly. I signed up ages ago and am on two wait lists for the classes I REALLY want. Although I'll be happy with any.

Old 2009-12-08, 7:29pm
Miata and Sunshine! Yay!

Yeah, I know...I just can't make up my mind. I HATE it when that happens! LOL If I miss getting to sign up, I'll just have to buy tools and glass...sigh...

Old 2009-12-10, 8:53am

Classes look amazing as usual..

I'm teaching my usual Beginner's Beadmaking class...so if you know of anyone looking for a solid beginning class with lots of safety, equipment and straight forward fundemental beginning techniques...send them to me.....

Also, teaching for the first time...by popular demand - A NEW CLASS - my uniques shapes class.

This class is based on making different and unique shapes based on classical perfume bottle shapes. We will work on adding glass to build up shapes, using tools to cut in and carve, developing color ideas and lots more..something a little different!!!

see ya all in Vegas

Lisa
Old 2009-12-10, 9:59am
"Sinners have soul too"

Ooooo, Lisa the "Unique Shapes" sounds very cool!

Just an FYI peeps, Lisa is a great instructor and lots of fun... you won't be disappointed!

Old 2009-12-22, 2:12pm

Thanks Donna,

It is a really fun class..pushes ya to really re-think shaping.. all those beautiful vintage perfume bottles - are such great inspiration for bead shapes.

Had a wonderful time teaching out at the Mandrel in Sept. It is such a fun shop and a great place to teach and take a class...Can't wait to come out in May.....Teaching my Color Workshop class - Taught it in Italy in Nov...such a good time!!! ah gelato!

sunny California...gee whiz we have been digging out for days. We weenies in Virginia aren't used to so much snow!

See ya all in Vegas

Lisa
Old 2009-12-23, 2:57pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Hi all! Like Lisa, I have added a brand new class too. I am doing blown borosilcate seashells! It is a lot of fun and most INT lampworkers will sail right through it!

I also have my beginning boro sculpture class and for those of you who fuse, 2 great classes on the torch to learn how to make realistic components for fused glass!

Can't wait to see everyone and BIG hugs for all your hard work Patty!
deb

Old 2009-12-24, 2:00pm
tweetysweetie

Phyllis....hi you! glad you enjoyed your class..thanks for taking the time to say so.

((Deb)) thanks my friend for the kind words...anyone wishing to do boro sculpture, Deb's class will amaze you. Very talented lady and you will learn some fun stuff!

Lisa! hey ya! New class, oh shoot another one that I can't take, maybe I can just be a fly on the wall huh?

Shawn...whatever class you decide to go with...you will have fun and learn alot, as Patty said...some of the top instructors in glass teach at this show each year.

Patty...looking forward to seeing you sweetie!
Catharine Weaver

Old 2009-12-31, 1:01pm
Pattyglass

I can't wait to see everyone too!!! Miss you all!!!
2010 is going to be a great show!!
Happy and Healthy New Year to all!!!! See you in April!
Old 2010-01-03, 7:37am
JulieV

I took all of Catherine Weaver's classes last year. Her hand outs are second to NONE! She is a very giving person and holds nothing back. You will not be disappointed!
Lisa! Can't wait to see you again and reminisce about our trip to Italy!

Old 2010-01-20, 5:58pm
JulieV

Anyone looking for a roommate? I already have a room booked. I'm arriving tuesday night and leaving sunday night.

Old 2010-01-27, 9:55am
Wooohooo,GS!

Thanks Catharine (hugs back sweetie), Patty and everyone! I am excited and can't wait to come melt glass for 4 days, woohooo! Besides, warm and dry sounds great!

Julie, yes, Catharine is just amazing, a really great teacher!

Debra, would love to have you in the boro sculpture class! You get the boro skills, color developement and heat base while learning to sculpt too! I also have the shell class if you want to learn to do something with the tubing that isn't the perfect hollow bead, lots of room for error in learning the shells, they all look great! You learn to blow the bubble with correct heat base, more color development, blowing bubble open and of course, cutting, flaring and spiking it open (my favorite part, lol)!

Hugh Salkind, Bob and Ben (Snodgrass class) and Josh Mazet are awesome teachers too! They have taught at Glass Stock (my festival) for many years.

I am glad I teach as I would have a hard time picking classes, lol!

Please stop in and see me in the classroom if you can't get into my classes, they are filling up fast. Would love to meet folks and can't wait to catch up with everyone!

Hugs, deb