Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:01pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
I can almost guarantee you that if the credit card issuer gives their customer a refund, the money is taken back from the merchant too.

When I purchase with paypal and fund it with my credit card, or use my credit card directly, I am protected against non-delivery regardless of where my order is coming from.

Non-delivery is completely different than warranty issues.
Yes, the money is taken out of your merchant account.

I can't believe mail orders have been compared to an appliance warranty.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:06pm

Please ladies,
No more squabbling. I'm satisfied with the outcome. Chrissy was very nice and Michelle has been a sweetheart. I know it's tough trying to run a business from two different continents where everything is different. My issues have been taken care of and I would like to just let this thread die a peaceful death...........OK?

Old 2011-01-18, 2:09pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

Quote:
Wow, so 1 complaint is immediately a warning….. Just for the record I quoted 2 messages from the board of happy customers.
Chrissy
actually there are two[/quote]

One of which is from someone selling fake cartier items, has only 5 posts on this forum is not a customer of ours and when I click on the link to their "Cartier Pens" my McAfee sends me a warning on potential harmful content.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:10pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

We're not squabbling - we're debating what law protect consumers in what situations. I think it's a very valuable conversation to have - both for sellers and buyers.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-01-18, 2:13pm
Storm Queen

Thread starters really can't dictate how a thread unravels. Sorry, but that's just the way it is.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:14pm
Storm Queen

I was staying out of this thread until the washing machine incident.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:15pm

Quote:
Please ladies,
No more squabbling. I'm satisfied with the outcome. Chrissy was very nice and Michelle has been a sweetheart. I know it's tough trying to run a business from two different continents where everything is different. My issues have been taken care of and I would like to just let this thread die a peaceful death...........OK?
Hi Roberta,
I did not see your post- I will bow out gracefully
I am glad that you are happy after all that was the point to this thread was customer service and I am very glad that we were able to provide you with that!

Amy,
I think the only thing that Chrissy was addressing were companies rights to policies, maybe it was an irrelevant comparison but I sorta get what she meant- There is a difference between packages never gettting shipped and lost packages- I think that we all should be concerned with this issue as we all sell beads and still others sell supplies- and most of us ship worldwide so therein lies the problem for us all- Hope you understand my point Hugs!!!

Old 2011-01-18, 2:20pm
Storm Queen

I don't think anyone in this thread ever accused Chrissy of not shipping an item. Maybe I missed something?

Old 2011-01-18, 2:23pm

Squid I welcome any info that protects me and my hard earned money!
The info you gave is not squibling on any account it is just plain info however I still dont see the need for Amy to pick apart the statement about the washer- I think that is completely irrelevant- However I did have a relevant issue with a supplier who told me that if I chose USPS Priority Mail they were not liable if the package was lost, damaged or stolen. I did not even get a tracking number but I know that USPS is faster than the OOPS man so I took the risk- My package never arrived and when I called the company they apologized but I had agreed to their terms so there was nothing they could do to help me other than give me a free ship coupon on my next order. How would I have been protected using this act? I am asking for information not to be smart. I think you are right making this an informative thread is fine- picking it apart is a bit childish IMHO.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:25pm

OOoops the childish comment was not meant to single just Amy out- I think the warning comments also fall under that......

Old 2011-01-18, 2:28pm
Storm Queen

Sorry, but if you are going to back up a point with logic then it should be logical. That wasn't.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:30pm

Quote:
I don't think anyone in this thread ever accused Chrissy of not shipping an item. Maybe I missed something?
Sorry I did not mean that- bad choice of words, but the issue of having something insured or not is the comparison I think she was making. When there are options (and unfortunately in Roberta's case there was not) it would seem that there are those options for a reason- how can one protect you be a higher cost but the lesser amount also protect you in the same way?- also as far as I know there has to be burden of proof on both ends in order to file a claim with your CC company- at least that is what my Visa has told me- so it is not as simple as saying a package never arrived, anyone can say that. I just want future people who read this thread to understand what it is about.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:36pm

When you have your terms on your Ebay or website what good are they if they can just be overturned, cost you money and you have no power over the outcome?
I will be reading all the details on the Act this evening so that as both a buyer and seller I can be better informed- I know that when a dispute is filed through Paypal they have to have burden of proof for the claim and if none is provided then the close the claim and no one is out any money at all. I have been through one myself and in the end I had the proof on my end showing that the package went out- they then said since there was no additional insurance purchased it was up to me, the seller to choose to replace or refund but since there was no way to prove the package had not arrived since I had the proof it was mailed (and yes it was an overseas package) it was at my discretion. I just want people to be informed and it was a logical comparison- when people have choices be it warranties on products or shipping options that are designed to protect the buyer these all function in the sameway- they protect us and what happens when we choose differently sometimes we put a foot through a wall cursing as to why we did not choose the protection in the beginning.

Old 2011-01-18, 2:39pm
Queen Bee

As far as paypal is concerned, if a customer does not receive their product, the merchant must refund their money. So any company, international or not, can make any policy they want, but paypal sees it only one way. No product for customer, no pay for customer. Insurance really is to help the seller recoup the money if an order is lost, etc. The customer gets reimbursed regardless. Why would a customer agree to take a loss of their money if they never received the product? Under these conditions, a paypal dispute opened will reimburse the customer every time. Non delivery is non delivery.

Can you ship with Endicia? I ship internationally all week long, and I insure through them as well to cover myself in case of lost packages. That way the seller is covered for the loss, as the customer is entitled to a replacement or refund.

With so many issues and strikes in the Netherlands, perhaps it's time to evaluate how your product is shipped. Maybe you could keep stock in the USA and have it shipped from here? That could eliviate a lot of problems in the future?

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2011-01-18, 2:39pm

Mind you this has no bearing on the original posters issues- She did not have an option which is why Chrissy has worked with her and straightened things out. Okay said my peace- Hope you understand guys!!!!

Old 2011-01-18, 2:42pm

This is really interesting because I had a postmarked reciept and paypal sided with me. I think the issue is when you have no proof of shipping a paypal shipping label is NOT proof of shipping in Paypal's eyes!!!! Nor is anyother electronic label- however a hand stamped post mark from the USPS proves you shipped maybe that was the difference in my case!

Quote:
As far as paypal is concerned, if a customer does not receive their product, the merchant must refund their money. So any company, international or not, can make any policy they want, but paypal sees it only one way. No product for customer, no pay for customer. Insurance really is to help the seller recoup the money if an order is lost, etc. The customer gets reimbursed regardless. Why would a customer agree to take a loss of their money if they never received the product? Under these conditions, a paypal dispute opened will reimburse the customer every time. Non delivery is non delivery.

Can you ship with Endicia? I ship internationally all week long, and I insure through them as well to cover myself in case of lost packages. That way the seller is covered for the loss, as the customer is entitled to a replacement or refund.

With so many issues and strikes in the Netherlands, perhaps it's time to evaluate how your product is shipped. Maybe you could keep stock in the USA and have it shipped from here? That could eliviate a lot of problems in the future?

Old 2011-01-18, 3:01pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Squid I welcome any info that protects me and my hard earned money!
The info you gave is not squibling on any account it is just plain info however I still dont see the need for Amy to pick apart the statement about the washer- I think that is completely irrelevant- However I did have a relevant issue with a supplier who told me that if I chose USPS Priority Mail they were not liable if the package was lost, damaged or stolen. I did not even get a tracking number but I know that USPS is faster than the OOPS man so I took the risk- My package never arrived and when I called the company they apologized but I had agreed to their terms so there was nothing they could do to help me other than give me a free ship coupon on my next order. How would I have been protected using this act? I am asking for information not to be smart. I think you are right making this an informative thread is fine- picking it apart is a bit childish IMHO.
All you have to do in that situation is file a complaint with your credit card company on the grounds of non-delivery. You have to file within 60 days of the charge first appearing on your bill.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-01-18, 3:10pm
Queen Bee

Hmmmm.......that's interesting. I do always send my orders electronically. But to do every international order by hand and drive to the post office.....yikes! It would take me forever

But I guess I have a different philosophy in terms of how I run my business. When an order is lost, I am out my cost of the item (s), which is usually quite different then the sold price. I always figure a replacement or refund to make a customer happy is way worth the price I paid for the product. Even if it's not my fault I replace the order. I have one going to Ireland tomorrow. It actually makes me feel better. And the loss is reflected in my tax return. So the price is actually quite small for all the goodwill it creates.

I guess I just want my customers to have warm fuzzies when they think of my shop, lol.

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Old 2011-01-18, 4:00pm

actually there are two[/quote]

One of which is from someone selling fake cartier items, has only 5 posts on this forum is not a customer of ours and when I click on the link to their "Cartier Pens" my McAfee sends me a warning on potential harmful content.[/quote]

that was [b]NOT[b] the post I'm referring to..
Old 2011-01-18, 6:46pm

Quote:
Hmmmm.......that's interesting. I do always send my orders electronically. But to do every international order by hand and drive to the post office.....yikes! It would take me forever

But I guess I have a different philosophy in terms of how I run my business. When an order is lost, I am out my cost of the item (s), which is usually quite different then the sold price. I always figure a replacement or refund to make a customer happy is way worth the price I paid for the product. Even if it's not my fault I replace the order. I have one going to Ireland tomorrow. It actually makes me feel better. And the loss is reflected in my tax return. So the price is actually quite small for all the goodwill it creates.

I guess I just want my customers to have warm fuzzies when they think of my shop, lol.
Hi there I am so sorry that you got the wrong impression- I did replace the persons item! I just meant that in the scheme of claims and procedures it was found in my favor and my discretion at what to do.
I also always replace things it makes me feel good knowing that it was not any one person's fault and I was able to do something to brighten someones day.
I also believe in the goodwill of treating customers the way I enjoy being treated!! I always honor customer requests, and concerns- I am here in the US so I take every measure to make sure that packages coming from me are insured to the best of my ability and if they are international then I always offer to make a replacement item!!! Funny thing is the paypal dispute was the one and only time I have had that happen as a seller.
As far as the postal issues, I did have a problem with carriers so since my post is on my way out to the gym, schools, and shopping and within 2 mins of my house I really do not mind I can even roller blade there
with the packages in my backpack- I have all the forms for first class shipping here and when they order priority service I fill that out electronically but since I am already there I get a postmark stamp and the item scanned- it really only takes about 10 mins out of my day and worth the extra peace of mind!!!

I run my business with my customers feelings and concerns as my main priority for after all without them I would not have this great opportunity to work from home be there for my kids and do what I love!!!

I really don't think that our business practices are all that different

Old 2011-01-18, 6:56pm
one day at a time

Chrissy,

Just so you know, I will continue to be one of your loyal customers! I've been very happy with the service and your frit blends are the bomb. I'm almost out of one of my favorites, so soon I will be ordering a jar instead of a baggie!

As for the people who make unkind comments and have never ordered a thing from you, pay them no mind and just keep doing the best that you can do. You will continue to get new and returning customers all the time.
Old 2011-01-18, 7:20pm
Queen Bee

Michelle, I wasn't aiming my comments at you in any way - just kind of rambling about how I do my shop
I don't even know why I felt compelled to comment, I really try to stay out of such things. I guess after working in customer service for 20 years I feel kind of strongly about it, lol. So, I'm very sorry if I came off wrong, it wasn't aimed at anyone at all.

I think it is wonderful that even though paypal sided with you that you still replaced the items. I think that's a sign of a great vendor
But it does seem paypal is a bit wishy washy about their rules, huh?

Donna

Old 2011-01-18, 7:41pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Sorry I did not mean that- bad choice of words, but the issue of having something insured or not is the comparison I think she was making. When there are options (and unfortunately in Roberta's case there was not)
Then why was the issue even brought up if it wasn't even an option? It's not relevant to this situation. Really, I think most businesses would do better handling situations off the forums. If someone posts a thread like the OP did here, a response along the lines of "Customer satisfaction is extremely important for us so I will be contacting you privately to make sure this situation is handled and that you are happy with the outcome". Period. No excuses, no drama, no bringing in issues that have no relevance to the original topic. No paragraph after paragraph and post after post. Nothing.

But then I realize that not everyone handles their business the same. It just makes interesting reading for the rest of us.

Old 2011-01-18, 7:43pm

Quote:
Michelle, I wasn't aiming my comments at you in any way - just kind of rambling about how I do my shop
I don't even know why I felt compelled to comment, I really try to stay out of such things. I guess after working in customer service for 20 years I feel kind of strongly about it, lol. So, I'm very sorry if I came off wrong, it wasn't aimed at anyone at all.

I think it is wonderful that even though paypal sided with you that you still replaced the items. I think that's a sign of a great vendor
But it does seem paypal is a bit wishy washy about their rules, huh?
I think that great minds actually think alike! I was a regional book manager for Zany Brainy for 3 years and I have been in customer relations for 10 prior to turning glass junky
I actually like to hear peoples opinions!!
I really have been surprised by paypal- One minute you have a claim that is valid (as a buyer) and then it turns around and they claim they cannot do a thing.
In the case of my customer, I think because of the language barrier this customer did not understand I was trying to replace the item and only wanted to waited a few more days as it was going to Russia and it had only been 10 days including weekends. I think he took it as me not wanting to help him so he initiated the claim. I gave the information requested by paypal and they sided with me
I still (through paypal) told him that a replacement was already in the works and would be on its way priority shipping this time and on me

I really did not take offense to anything- I just wanted to clarify the situation
that is all- As most people can vouch for I am the easiest going person you will find!! Hugs and Happy Torching/Beading!!!

Old 2011-01-18, 7:47pm

Quote:
Then why was the issue even brought up if it wasn't even an option? It's not relevant to this situation. Really, I think most businesses would do better handling situations off the forums. If someone posts a thread like the OP did here, a response along the lines of "Customer satisfaction is extremely important for us so I will be contacting you privately to make sure this situation is handled and that you are happy with the outcome". Period. No excuses, no drama, no bringing in issues that have no relevance to the original topic. No paragraph after paragraph and post after post. Nothing.

But then I realize that not everyone handles their business the same. It just makes interesting reading for the rest of us.
Advice taken and quite the way I prefer to handle business!!! I have NEVER started a negative thread dealing with business issues as I do not believe they are handled best in public- but since I could not speak for Christina, I did want Roberta to feel like we were here so I responded- If I got carried away that is my fault entirely and not a mistake I will make again!! I really hate fueling fires!

Old 2011-01-18, 7:47pm

Quote:
Chrissy,

Just so you know, I will continue to be one of your loyal customers! I've been very happy with the service and your frit blends are the bomb. I'm almost out of one of my favorites, so soon I will be ordering a jar instead of a baggie!

As for the people who make unkind comments and have never ordered a thing from you, pay them no mind and just keep doing the best that you can do. You will continue to get new and returning customers all the time.

she will appreciate this!!

Old 2011-01-18, 7:53pm

Quote:
All you have to do in that situation is file a complaint with your credit card company on the grounds of non-delivery. You have to file within 60 days of the charge first appearing on your bill.
I will be sure to note that unfortunately it has been more than 60 days

Thank you by the way for sharing the Act information! I have been reading and now I know why I was refunded the $1,200 I was scammed out of on my debit card within 24 hrs!!! I am pleased that we as buyers have this on our side especially with so much internet fraud going on!!!

Old 2011-01-18, 10:54pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:

Does Endicia offer insurance on international packages? I couldn't find that information on their website. I shipped a pretty expensive package to Australia today and I really wanted to insure it, but stamps.com didn't have that option.

Old 2011-01-19, 12:42am
Experimentalist

Quote:
Does Endicia offer insurance on international packages? I couldn't find that information on their website. I shipped a pretty expensive package to Australia today and I really wanted to insure it, but stamps.com didn't have that option.
Yes, it does and that was the original reason I went with Endicia 10 years ago. I wanted to insure first class usps international packages.

Old 2011-01-19, 12:43am
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Yes, it does and that was the original reason I went with them 10 years ago. I wanted to insure first class usps international packages.
Cool, thanks! I'd heard that they did but when I went looking I couldn't find anything about it on their website.