Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-09-14, 4:58pm
Young at Heart

Default Question with Older Canon EOS Rebel Film Camera

Hello. I hope that there is someone out there that can help me with this question.

My Dad had a Canon EOS Rebel that I inherited after his death 2 years ago. It has just been sitting in a closet. Recently I decided to sell it since I have an older 35mm that I love as well as a Nikon D40 SLR digital. I listed it here in the garage sale section and when I checked out the camera it won't turn on. SO I marched out and bought it a new battery and it still does not come on. I have checked the entire camera body out and cannot see where there might be an additional battery required. The camera had film in it when I got it which I had taken out - so I put more film in and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with things of this nature? I cannot even get the shutter to snap...... I can always sell the lens and the flash attachment separately but would hate to throw out a camera body if there is something that I am missing to make it work.
Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks! Joanna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joanna ........
Etsy Shop
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Boro Ho, Nortel Midrange, 2 Tanks of Oxygen
, A Chillipepper,Nikon D40 and the 2 Cats!
Old 2009-09-15, 5:26am

Wow 20 views no ideas.
www.canonusa.com has a help section but i could not find your camera.
Call 1-800-828-4040 or 1-866-443-8022 and ask for customer support, they can direct your call to the right person. Hope this helps, I have had several canon's over the years.
MarieAnn.
Old 2009-09-16, 9:31pm
honorary bead lady

Joanna, just sell the lenses etc and scrap the body
Old 2009-10-09, 7:03pm

I can't remember if the Rebel G (which is the one I have stored away in a draw somewhere) had to have a lens on to work and if the contacts between the lens and camera weren't clean and seated right that it wouldn't fire. It may not have had this requirement although my later Canon's did.

I can't remember any other special settings that it did before it would turn on. You might check that the contacts inside the camera for the battery are clean.

The Rebel G was my first automatic, auto focus camera, and I fought with it for a long time with focus. I kept wanting to manual focus it and the lens was just not designed to be manually focused... the focus ring was too small and in the wrong place. After I finally was able to over come years and years of controlling my own destiny with a camera (mainly the RB67 that I used for years), I had better luck with it. The auto focus still wasn't that great until I moved up to the EOS 3 (which is also in a draw somewhere).

Mike