No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-06-21, 12:59pm
Life in the slow lane

Default Press Problems

I have a CBS round tab that is just not lined up properly. I have used many other in the same line and I own several more. No matter where I used this tool it just doesn't line up properly. I've tried it with my small base and tried it on the large base. I know how to line up the beads correctly or my other shapes wouldn't come out well.

Here is the problem. Do I send it back to Corina? Do I send it to Catt? Do I take it back to the store where I purchased it? All I want is for the press to line up correctly. An exchange would be perfect but I know the store doesn't have any. I honestly think it's the press and not me. Any advice?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-21, 1:09pm
Back from the Dark Side

My suggestion is to first take it back to the store where you bought it. They may take care of the exchanging for you. If they don't, I would email both corina and catt to see who will take care of it.

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2005-06-21, 1:10pm
The Grand Foobah

Even though Catt and Fred manufactured the press, they are no longer employees of Corina and therefore are out of the loop as far as returns and the store probably doesn't accept returns for defects, they will most likely refer you to the manufacturer, etc. It gets kind of sticky, but I would email Corina, tell her you have tried everything and the press just won't line up and ask her what she would suggest. I'm sure she'll take care of it for you. She has a new machinist and is still producing tools as far as I know.

Foofaraw is a style. An attitude. A fresh glimmer of fun. Foofaraw is unique.
Old 2005-06-21, 1:12pm
Life in the slow lane

Thanks Lynn & Jenn. I know the store would take it back in a heartbeat. The only problem is I want one back. Jenn - I'm going to contact Corina now and figure it out. Thanks everyone!

Old 2005-06-21, 1:51pm
Satake Woman!

I had the same problem with my CBS tab. Ended up padding one end of the press with a smidge of tape, and that fixed it right up.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!