Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2008-12-02, 8:48am
Mr. Cellophane

Default Tom, Sage Holland and Beau Anderson classes Spring 2009

Tom and Sage along with Sage's son Beau are teaching at Meadow Creek this spring 2009.
This class experiance it truly a bead life changing week.
It was the class that really made me understand how glass moves. using basic techniques to really open my eyes to the wonders of glass...plus it's like going to bead camp!

April 3,4,5 Beginning to Intermediate taught by Beau Anderson.

April 8,9,10,11,12 Intermediate to Advanced taught by Sage, Beau and Tom

April 17,18,19 Beginning to Intermediate taught by Beau Anderson

April 22,23,24,25,26 Intermediate to Advanced taught by Sage, Beau and Tom

If you have any questions you can contact Sage and Tom at

sageandtomemail@gmail.com

You can also send me PM for more information.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-23, 5:29am

Default To see photos of beads and Medowcreek check these websights

Classes

For a view of the Medowcreek Vally ware the classes are held

Last edited by beauxbead; 2008-12-23 at 5:48am.
Old 2008-12-29, 7:48pm
Wild at Heart!

Wow, I would love to do this. I am hoping I can save my pennies. What an incredible experience it would be

??
Old 2009-01-09, 5:14pm

Wink Its an experience worth saving up for

We would be happy to have you Kristi

In April - Tom, Sage Holland & Beau Anderson Glass Beadmakers - will be offering several classes for beginning, intermediate and advanced beadmakers. The trio have a long History of exhibiting, teaching, as well as presentations and demonstrations around the world.

They’ve been scheduling workshops at Meadowcreek sometimes twice a year since 1998. The 3 or 5 day classes include meals, often using produce from the garden - fresh squeezed juices, salads, soups. Homemade breads, too! The days are full of hands-on glass bead making, with an emphasis on controlling design with molten, colored soft glass.

Using techniques from ancient Egypt, China, Middle East, Africa, Indonesia, Japan, etc. Shown in nightly slide presentations, helps widen the knowledge and historical significance of the bead in glass history.

Having the opportunity to share the intensity of the experience with others in a setting like Meadowcreek has proved a powerful channel for dynamic learning.

meadowcreekinc.com

Old 2009-01-09, 6:57pm
Calendar Girl

Oh mon dieu, I would love to take these classes!!! The venue looks amazing. Maybe if I sell lots of calendars...(lololol)
BTW, Beau is featured in July!

Old 2009-01-10, 3:17am

Default Vous ętes la bienvenue Marjo!

Thank you again for including me in your calendar, I have a bead I want to give to you eather way. My Friend from Paris Vanessa Bunet will be there so you can keep up on your french too.

Check out the vally, the wildlife and the spring fed swimming hole.

Old 2009-01-10, 8:43pm
aka Pele's Fire

I am interested in attending one of these classes, but was wondering about the cost of the course. I browsed the website but didn't see that information posted.

Terryl
Old 2009-01-11, 12:39pm

Lightbulb Here is The link For You

You are certainly welcome to join us. This should answer most of your questions.
meadowcreekinc.com

Last edited by beauxbead; 2009-02-12 at 10:03am.
Old 2009-02-08, 10:15pm

wow! this would be a wonderful class . sage, tom and beau are such giving teachers.
Old 2009-02-25, 11:20am

Wink I am @ Medowcreek

Thanks Kathy love to see you!
I made it back to the Medowcreek valley and the flowers are starting to bloom. I am here setting up the studio. We will have new torches and new techniques to complement the great food and wonderfull environment. There are a few people who are offering to carpool so call if you are looking to cut the transport cost.

Old 2009-03-04, 3:10pm

it was great to talk to you last night . it sounds like you are working really hard to get ready for your classes.
Old 2009-03-19, 11:22am

Default Demos all around Arkansas

I sure am working hard and the studio is all ready. Sage, Vanessa Bunet and I will be doing demos all over Arkansas to inspire local artists and future artists. Last week we did demonstrations at the Ozark Folk Center and everyone was so excited we covered the front page of the local news paper with flames and glass work. A few days later they took a bus of 30 people out to visit our studio. 6 7-15yo kidz tried there first bead.

We will be Demoing at Argenta Bead Shop Little Rock Friday 20th 5-8pm
Demo at Crescent Moon Beads, Eureka Springs, Arkansas,
Saturday 11:30-1:30
Demo at Dark Star Visuals, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Saturday 3-5:30

Follow this link for more info>

Old 2009-03-31, 1:33pm

Default Meadowcreek 2009 begins

Our first class is full but there is still openings in the last three workshops , the 8-12th , the 17-19th and the 22-26th , we have lots of new glass and the studio is better than ever , The technique list has grown and the inspirations run deep , we can hear the creek and the songbirds calling you , for more info go to meadowcreekinc.com
Old 2009-04-13, 2:40pm

The first 2 classes have bien great and there is still 3 spaces left in the last class 22-26th.
Its not to late to expand your foundation of techniques and eat home grown food in the heavenly Medowcreek vally.

Old 2009-05-04, 2:56pm

Default Sage, Beau, Vanessa - Awesome Instructors & Class !!!

I have been lurking LE for months but am coming out of the 'ether' to express my thanks and admiration to Sage and Beau for the AWESOME instruction AND to Sage, Tom and Beau for hospitality they provided at their "Bead Retreat" in beautiful Arkansas.

I’ve attached pictures of the beads from Day 1 instruction (stringer techniques - my beads at bottom & instructor beads on top) as well as a picture of the studio building and one of the dorm building.

They had a master list of ~15 major techniques (twisted canes, dots/stratification, stringers, murrini/pattern cane, lapidary, core vessels, clear casing, FOLDED beads, bent beads, multiple bead beads, sculptural techniques, and the list went on) with 50+ specific techniques - some of the major categories have a variety of methods... and they focus on the basics and then expand according to what the student wants to learn – so they taught me at least 75% of the list to my 'class' in 5 days. I learned so much. They also have a glass aesthetic that is different from what I have been seeing in bead making and/or in my other classes – they build layers of transparency in their cores so that the finished bead glows from within in the light - just beautiful

They taught off the same master list to their beginner students - the beginners just max out a bit earlier in what they can take in and execute (although I have to say that their beads were the best beginning beads I’ve seen). The class structure leant itself to teaching beginners and intermediates together (in days when instruction overlapped) with a demonstration and then time for the student to execute the instruction with Sage and/or Beau (intermediate) or Sage, Beau and/or Vanessa (beginning) available to give individual pointers or refreshers.

Beau also taught a multiple bead technique that was not on the list (I am purchasing a specialty tool from him and hope he offers a tutorial) and demonstrated his amazing skills in creating large human (and animal) sculptures in soft glass - he made a 5 inch tall ballerina to order for a 3 year old visitor (she wanted a pink tutu, red tights, and blue hair) that was incredible and then asked me what a 12-14 inch tall 'woman' should be doing - I picked tight-rope walker and she appeared between his hands... amazing! I want to take a sculpture lesson from Beau next year.

I had as much time at the torch as I wanted (worked into the wee hours a couple of evenings) and the studio set up was amazing with all tools provided (I brought my glasses), good ventilation, and an army of oxygen concentrators. They also had a variety of torches to work on – small, mid-range and raging.

The food was amazing - 99% organic (some friends stopped by bringing bean dip and chips) with many vegetables out of Sage's garden. They took me on a nature hike to an outlook over their valley and got a few good laughs about the "California girl" who was a little obsessively preoccupied with the ticks - none actually got on me, but they had parked on my clothes and I had the devil of a time learning to squish them (they have really, really strong exoskeletons).

I pleaded with them to write a book - in addition to their techniques, they have done years of bead research and I hope they find the time to publish their information some day. In the evenings Tom presented a slide show of ancient beads and one evening I actually got to hold a variety of ancient beads!

The only cloud (with silver lining) was that there is no cell or internet reception in the valley. You can call out on a landline but if you want to surf the internet you need to make a little pilgrimage up out of the valley. Of course the silver lining is that this lets you focus 100% on bead making (and it IS just like going to camp)!!!

I have already ‘signed-up’ for next year to learn more!

Sorry - the images are too large (and even when I reduced size they are too high in resolution... so I will work on them and post later)

Last edited by anneonline; 2009-05-04 at 3:05pm. Reason: error