No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-26, 4:53am
Formerly Kellyhorton

Default cheapest swarovski?

Its been so long since I ordered crystal, who has the cheapest crystal? I think Best buy beads(limited selection) and Rainbows of light and art beads is who I always used before. Any new places out there I dont know about that yall are using?

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2010-04-26 at 5:03am.
Old 2010-04-26, 5:01am
Unmedicated since '62

Strass

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2010-04-26, 5:05am
Formerly Kellyhorton

how do you figure out how much they cost? Sorry, I must be slow, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
Strass

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

In the '60's, people took acid to make the world weird. Now the world is weird and people take Prozac to make it normal.
Old 2010-04-26, 5:11am
Unmedicated since '62

there is a price list on the site - Strass is the official wholesale outlet for Swarovski, you will have to buy a whole packet of each size and colour but its the cheapest way

if you want to just buy retail quantities i'm not really sure

Old 2010-04-26, 5:13am
Unmedicated since '62

so US$139/1440 4mm clear bicone = 9ceach

Old 2010-04-26, 5:23am
Unmedicated since '62

too many? i'm not used to dealing retail - i've been wholesaling so long

Old 2010-04-26, 5:51am
In search of her path....

There was a wholesaler on the east coast they use to be the main importer in the US you would have to buy a factory packet of each color size but they had good prices but for the LIFE of me I CANNOT remember the name! ugh! They had pretty much anything and everything youd want and if they didnt you order it and they will get it for you.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-04-26, 6:30am
Karen James

Merchants Overseas?

Karen

Cricket, Mini CC, Devilbiss MC84 Oxy and NG
Old 2010-04-26, 8:46am
Angie09

Actually riogrande is cheaper that the merchants site and you only have to buy 12 at a time.
Old 2010-04-26, 9:40am
Sheila Davis Designs

Fire Mt.Gems has the best price if you can order on the 50 assortable level.There's a group Fire Mt. order going on here in LE,might not be too late to get in on it.

Old 2010-04-26, 7:51pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

thanks everyone!!!

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-04-26, 8:02pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

actually per gross, I think rainbows of light may be cheaper. 1440 for 82.90, just basic colored. check it out,. but...i dont need that much, he he.

http://www.rainbowsoflight.com/#5301

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDeb View Post
so US$139/1440 4mm clear bicone = 9ceach

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-04-27, 1:35am
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyhorton View Post
actually per gross, I think rainbows of light may be cheaper. 1440 for 82.90, just basic colored. check it out,. but...i dont need that much, he he.

http://www.rainbowsoflight.com/#5301
wow! thats almost too cheap - now i need to figure out why

i did the costing excercise several years ago and tracked down Strass - they're supposed to be the official wholesale outlet for Swarovski and they are supposed to be the cheapest

i'll keep that link - very interesting

Old 2010-04-27, 5:12am
Formerly Kellyhorton

oh and http://www.bestbuybeads.com/default.asp as well. See, you helped me, and in return were helping each other! This forum rocks! Oh and Ive ordered extensively from both of these places, best buy beads shipping is like within four days! They are ultimately the cheapest I think, but their selection is limited. Its just been five years since I made jewelry, and wasnt sure if there were new places people were ordering from.

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Last edited by dragonfly designs 56; 2010-04-27 at 5:14am.
Old 2010-04-27, 5:53am
Unmedicated since '62

it does rock huh
i dont think i have ever had a question unanswered here - and i asked some really really stupid questions at the start, i bet some some people were rolling around laughing at me at the time - but they were patient and helpful and full of support

Old 2010-04-27, 6:23am
In search of her path....

yea the more you buy the cheaper it is from te wholesalers. Merchants has good prices but you have to buy quite a bit for the price breaks. Ive done bulk buys with them before it was a pita to sort lol but it ended up being good pricing. But I think Rainbows of Light is easiest to deal with and no hassles like having to have the resale or business lisense stuff etc

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-04-27, 5:55pm
Formerly Kellyhorton

I have ordered from them a million times, so can say they are excellent to work with, at least five years ago. Best buy beads, great prices if they have what you need, three day shipping turnaround!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IF-Designs View Post
yea the more you buy the cheaper it is from te wholesalers. Merchants has good prices but you have to buy quite a bit for the price breaks. Ive done bulk buys with them before it was a pita to sort lol but it ended up being good pricing. But I think Rainbows of Light is easiest to deal with and no hassles like having to have the resale or business lisense stuff etc

MEAN PEOPLE SUCK

Old 2010-04-29, 7:37am
Experimentalist

I think BlueMud is cheaper than Rainbows of Light.