Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-04-21, 11:31am
boro color bender

Talking Brent Graber "Mr. Smiley" at ABR June 19th and 20th - Fishie Fish class!!!!!!!

I will be teaching my Fishie Fish at ABR this June on the 19th and 20th at ABR Imagery in Indiana...

In this class, we'll cover a LOT! Color theory, millis, sculpting and much more!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-04-21, 11:39am
Critter Mom

Oh I would love to take your class, wish I lived closer.

Old 2010-04-21, 11:40am
boro color bender

http://www.dichroicimagery.com/class...2010&catview=0

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-05-09, 11:16am
boro color bender

The website isn't updated with the right class info... please don't be confused... we're doing fishie fish!

Old 2010-05-09, 11:34am
She's Back & Burnin'

I would soooo love to take this class! But it doesn't work into my schedule...hope I can make the next one.

Sara

Old 2010-05-10, 8:07am
Addicted to Glass.

I would love to make the drive... but my funds are currently funneled to setting up my own studio at the moment.

Old 2010-05-10, 9:00am
boro color bender

Funds seem to be an issue all the way around... if you've got cash, please call ABR and sign up for this one... I promise to bring my A game!

Old 2010-05-10, 9:02am
Shelarious

They let me pay in installments, too.

Old 2010-05-10, 9:39am
boro color bender

Oooohhhh... good to know. Not all one whack!

Old 2010-05-18, 5:44pm
Torchaholic ;)

will we be making fish as cool as yours? Ive sometimes have found classes do not teach there secrets to making things looks cool, and just teach the basics of here is how to make a fish shape and what not. Ive been looking for a reason to go to ABR its lil over two hours away. And I order all my supplies from them. THe second day is my gf bday but sure I could talk her into letting me go to class if you are really getting into detail about everthing involved. I really really dig your fish.

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2010-05-18, 5:49pm
Torchaholic ;)

Also do the supply glass for the class?

FOLLOW OUR TRAVELS IN THE MOBILE SHOP !

Old 2010-05-24, 3:29pm
boro color bender

I don't hold anything back... just ask around. I'll teach any thing and every thing i know... no secrets here.

and yes, supplies are included.

Old 2010-05-24, 4:50pm

Brent's classes are awesome! If you have the opportunity to take a class from him, do it!! You won't regret it.

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2010-05-25, 9:35am

Any chance you might teach your event horizon in that class as well??
Old 2010-05-25, 10:40am

Brent holds back N O T H I N G!!!! His classes are great! You will have a blast!! He will show you EVERYTHING about how to make a cool Fishie Fish - but it is up to you on how cool you can make them.

I wish I could take this class!

Last edited by Poet?; 2010-05-25 at 10:43am.
Old 2010-05-25, 12:39pm
boro color bender

Lynda... wasn't planning on it, but I can certainly do an extra lunch demo for ya.

Thanks everybody! I love teaching... and I keep doing it because I've met soooo many great people in class...

Old 2010-05-25, 7:24pm

Brent, I'm soooo bummed!! I have a class that weekend, or I would be there in a New York minute!!

Forgive everyone of everything, instantly
Old 2010-06-03, 6:33am
boro color bender

This class is going to happen... we've had limited sign ups, but we're going to make it work... we'd love one or two more folks to join us... it's gonna be a more intimate class and that means we can cover more! Yay! There's always a silver lining... so if you're on the fence, hop on down to join in... I promise we'll make lots of pretty things and you'll learn a lot about boro!

Old 2010-06-03, 6:34am
boro color bender

We'll miss you Lisa... you're the reason I am teaching this one... and you're gonna miss it!

Old 2010-06-11, 7:57am
boro color bender

There's still room!

Old 2010-06-11, 8:30am
Hobby Junkie

I so wish I could take this class with you! I bet it will be awesome. Work (and funds) just aren't cooperating with my wishes! Why can't I just win the lottery already?!?!

Old 2010-06-11, 8:46am
Did someone say SALE?

Lisa, I am taking your class, so ya better not sneak out to Brent's class at ABR!

Brent, I hope to catch you next time! I am jealous that you get to go to ABR, I am sooo overdue for a visit!
Old 2010-06-13, 9:02am
boro color bender

Why oh why didn't Ross check the dates with my favorite gals? Sheesh... I'm gonna miss you guys!

Old 2010-06-13, 9:49am
In search of her path....

I wish I could come and do this one but I am just broke right now

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-06-13, 2:35pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

drats, the 19th is my girls BD... and there's the cash thing too. Now that I know your teaching the fishies I'll be ready for the next one though!

Brents a fabulous teacher, really shows it all...no holding back.

~
~
~
~
Old 2010-06-13, 5:35pm
She's Back & Burnin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
Why oh why didn't Ross check the dates with my favorite gals? Sheesh... I'm gonna miss you guys!
He should have approved the dates with me first

I had already signed up with Akihiro before I heard about this class or I would be there!!! Well, I'm afraid afterwards, you will all be calling me a "Boro Bitch"

Sara

Old 2010-06-13, 6:00pm
And silence is golden

Questions for Brent. Are the Fishy Fish made of Boro? Does the class cover both use in soft 104 glass and boro?
Old 2010-06-13, 6:22pm
boro color bender

I suppose you could do it with soft, but i teach in boro... I haven't made one is soft... I'd prolly break it... shocky #^%$^#.

Old 2010-06-13, 6:36pm
And silence is golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Smiley View Post
I suppose you could do it with soft, but i teach in boro... I haven't made one is soft... I'd prolly break it... shocky #^%$^#.
I have watched fish being made in soft glass, and they do tend to be a bit persnikity and shocky!
Old 2010-06-13, 11:14pm
Oh my!

I soooo wish I was closer. You come so highly recommended, I would love to take a class from you.