Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2016-07-31, 4:04am

Unhappy Airsep oxycon alarming - any ideas?

Hi,

I have an Airsep Newlife Intensity 8L oxycon.

It's been alarming every half hour or so, sometimes more frequently and the pressure is occasionally a bit random. My flame has been going up and down like a yoyo. It got to the point yesterday where it made a horrible noise so I turned it off.

Today my husband took the panels off the sides. The large capacitor in the front had come loose from the cable tie holding it in and was vibrating on the top of the compressor (still plugged in). Don't know if this is related to the issues but wouldn't have been helping. Maybe the alarms are a symptom of a damaged capacitor?

He re-cable tied it and turned the Airsep on to look for leaks and see if it would alarm.

We left it on for about 2 hours and in that time it alarmed about half a dozen times. It's a long beep, maybe 3 seconds. The 4 valve lights plus the high and low pressure warning lights come on when it does this. The equalizer valve stays off. I don't have a gauge to measure the pressure, but it seemed like it was ok (I wasn't beading at the time).

See the video below for the Alarm lights. There's no sound, but it's alarming when the red lights come on.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9...GNTY2I5bHJQNlk

Hope someone here might know what is happening here. It's got 800 hours on the clock so it's pretty new. I had it serviced three months ago (as it died completely - no idea what what wrong), they took 6 weeks to get it back to me and charged me $800. Don't want to go through that again if it's something simple.

Thanks!
Sarah
Old 2016-07-31, 8:55pm

who serviced it and what did they say?
Old 2016-08-01, 6:02pm

I don't recall their name, will have to look it up. They were the only authorised repairer here. They told me nothing at all! They just took my money.

Kinda looks like one of the valves (the top left of the 4) was replaced as it is a slightly different shade of grey to the others so maybe that's all they did.

So if no-one here has any ideas does anyone know who I can ask?

Thanks,
Sarah
Old 2016-08-02, 7:44am

you can't recall who serviced it
three months ago and they charged $800

wtf

Tags
airsep;newlife;oxycon