Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Old 2009-11-10, 9:09pm

Default Murex Shell tutorial is READY!!

Here are some examples of the Murex Shells that I make and the techniques I use in my tutorial.
It's now available on Etsy!
When I complete my Seahorse tutorial,, The murex tutorial will also be included in it as well, as a bonus.
Thanks everyone for all the support and wonderful e-mails and PMs to encourage me to create this tutorial.

For the Murex Shell Tutorial alone-
Click the link to take you directly to the tutorial in my Etsy shop!

Murex Shell Tutorial

Last edited by slcuniques; 2009-11-11 at 9:36am.
Old 2009-11-11, 10:00am

Sandy approximately how big are the finished shells? Unfortunately I only have about a 2 - 3 in. bead door to fit stuff through so anything too large is a problem as I don't have Kevlar gloves to be able to put stuff in from the top.

Thanks,
Donna
Old 2009-11-11, 10:13am

Hi ya Donna!!

Ah, Your bead door is fine. I have the same size door on mine. They can be as large as you want them to be or as small. The one with the sea horse on it is much larger of course, with the spikes sticking up so high but it's up to you how high you want to pull them. My kiln also has a top loading door so that helps me with the larger ones.
These shells in the photos (other than the one with the sea horse) are about 2 to 3 inches long and about 1 inch to 2 high.
You can make them even smaller if you want. I make small pendants too, and they are 3/4" long with much shorter spikes that aren't so pointed, so they can be worn safely. Don't want anyone stabbing themselves. Ouch!

Last edited by slcuniques; 2009-11-11 at 11:04am.
Old 2009-11-11, 10:42am

Hi Sandy

Your tutorial is wonderful!!!
Thank you for this wonderful work

Conny

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 2009-11-11, 11:03am

Yippie! So glad it wasn't a problem with my end. lol. Sometimes these servers just give us fits, but I'm glad you got it down loaded without a hitch other than the server.. HAVE FUN! These shells are a blast.
Thank you sweetie!! I'm glad you like the layout! I really want to see some pics after you use the tut. I am very anxious to see other Murex Shells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfisch View Post
Hi Sandy

Your tutorial is wonderful!!!
Thank you for this wonderful work

Conny
Old 2009-11-16, 10:48am
Normal is Boring!!

Hey Sandy- Any guess when the combo tut will be completed??

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2009-11-16, 4:10pm

Hey Trudi, It won't be long. I'm just down today with a nasty migraine. Most of it is finished already. Just have to take care of some details and spell check and get my intro page completed and it will be finished. Couple more days should do it if I can shake this migraine.. The monitor just kills me to look at it right now..
Old 2009-11-19, 2:41pm
Normal is Boring!!

Patiently waiting- tap, tap, tap
hope the Migrane moves on quickly! get well

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2009-11-20, 9:56am
Normal is Boring!!

well heck I just bought it and tryed it last night- Great tut and Sandra is so helpful!!! Thanks for sharing your expertise......

~
~

Antique Brass Findings