Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > The Dark Room

The Dark Room -- Photo Editing and Picture Taking. Advice, tutorials, questions on all things photoshop, photo editing, and taking pictures of beads or glass.

Old 2009-09-02, 10:15pm
Otter

Default Photo editing on a mac?

I have a cannon rebel xt camera and it takes really great pictures.

I have been using GraphicConverter to size my pictures.

I seem to be having a problem when I post the final pictures here and on etsy.

They really look pretty good on my computer and when I get them here they are fuzzy and dull looking. I am not sure what I am doing wrong or if there is another easy editing program to use on my mac. GraphicConverter was free and a friend showed me how to use it.

Here are some pics please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you,

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murrini for Sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#R124
Old 2009-09-02, 10:22pm
Fancy Mammal

Hi Otter

The fuzziness that you are seeing (or I am) is jpeg compression. It's an artifact the algorithm that makes the picture a smaller file (not a smaller picture, but that the picture takes up less hard disk space).

I've never used the your program, but I would suggest searching the manual or help file for "compression settings" or "jpeg settings" and see if you can raise the number that controls the compression (from 40 to 80, or 6 10 10, depending on how the program counts those things). Try a couple different ones, and open those files (not your original file) on your computer to see if that's cleaned things up. HTH
Old 2009-09-03, 9:36am
Otter

Ok I have played around with your suggestion I think they look better just need to work on the pic's some more

What do you think?

Thank you so much for your help,

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2009-09-03, 11:48am
ManBearPig

They look better, but looks to me like you need more light in your photos.

Try lengthening your exposure time a couple steps.

Old 2009-09-04, 7:06am
Hummel factory reject

John, have you tried just using iphoto? It is preloaded on mac's and really is quick, easy and effective for photo editing. I switched from photoshop to iphoto for all of my store images and it saved a LOT of time since it is a native application. Make sure you have the latest version.

Old 2009-09-04, 10:43pm
Otter

thank you guys for all your suggestions you have really helped me out,

John

Murrini for Sale

#R124
Old 2010-01-25, 10:58am

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
John, have you tried just using iphoto? It is preloaded on mac's and really is quick, easy and effective for photo editing. I switched from photoshop to iphoto for all of my store images and it saved a LOT of time since it is a native application. Make sure you have the latest version.
Lori, do you know of a way to put the copyright symbol (or other text) onto a photo using iPhoto?

J.
"Hatred is never ended by hatred but by love, and a misunderstanding is never ended by argument but by tact, diplomacy, conciliation, and a sympathetic desire to see the other person's viewpoint." ~The Buddha | “We are all humans and none of us is more human than the other.” Romeo Dallaire "Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up." ~ Rev.Jesse Jackson]