No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-14, 7:22am
What was I thinking?

Default Perfectly round etch resist?

What's the best way to get circles of etch resist on your bead? Paper stickers? Elmer's glue? How do you make it round?

(Sorry if this is repeating info; my searches haven't given me the answer.)

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-03-14, 9:46am
Curmudgeon Engineering

I think I would use nail polish or glue; some liquid and put a drop on the surface and let it flow evenly in a circle.

I just read your post again... do you mean a circle like a hula hoop? In that case I would use something like a soda straw dipped into the resist and carefully 'print' it on the glass; might take some practice.
PJH
Old 2013-03-14, 9:50am
da General

Aether doesn't etch so perhaps dot that on your bead while you are making it? Can also mask the dots with your base glass leaving rings of Aether.

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-03-14, 11:42am
Tweedle Dumb

How about page reinforcements? That would be good for hoop-like circles. I think you can probably buy little circle stickers, too.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2013-03-14, 11:46am

If using elmers glue you could probably use a pencil eraser dipped in glue.

Old 2013-03-14, 12:35pm
What was I thinking?

Thanks for all the good advice!

Old 2013-03-14, 7:01pm

or use a hole punch on a sticker to get both positive and negative dots. would work with other shapes, too. I may have to go etch some leaves on a bead...