No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-12-05, 8:02am
Glass-aholic

Default Favorite Ammonite tool?

I have seen a few different paddle types from graphite 24 and a press type from barvarian beads (are there others). I would like to know if you have used these and like them. I was looking at the press from Bavarian beads and wondering if I could get a multi use out of it with the full shape and to use the inside of the press like a push mold. I don't know if the design leads itself to this use or has enough detail. Any input and or pictures would be appreciated.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-12-05, 8:41am

I have the one from Bavarian beads that has the three sizes. I love it for what I want to do .. which is predominantly make beads.

It doesn't keep the texture on the beads ... I just re-add that with a knife if I want it. It allows me more creativity with how the final bead looks ... more shell vs ammonite.

There was a previous conversation and it seemed like the Graphite24 push mold was more popular for versatility.

Here are a couple pix. The second pix ... I used it as a push mold with boro to make a popper for Noosa jewelry.

Old 2014-12-05, 4:04pm
Glass-aholic

Thank you. This is just the info I was looking for!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-12-05, 9:16pm

I have wanted an ammonite press for so long. Funny thing is, today I made the perfect ammonite by mistake when a rod broke, and I just melted it around and softened the lines!! Probably couldn't do it again, but it sure came out nice for an accident!