No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2009-05-30, 12:22am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Renee I owe you an appology, I did not see your posting regarding Paula's prices was from march 13th. I still feel someones prices should not be on debate but I'm sorry for responding at your older post, I thought it was recent since I posted in this thread while it was active ( yesterday)

I must say I didn't bring this thread back to life though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-05-30, 2:27am

Those of you that paid in advance and didn't receive all that you paid for should push the issue. I know I would! That is THEFT... STEALING... I would have the police knocking at her door. At the very least ask Corri how she can let someone advertise that has stolen from so many people.

Old 2009-05-30, 10:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanne View Post
Renee I owe you an appology, I did not see your posting regarding Paula's prices was from march 13th. I still feel someones prices should not be on debate but I'm sorry for responding at your older post, I thought it was recent since I posted in this thread while it was active ( yesterday)

I must say I didn't bring this thread back to life though.
Thanks, Suzanne. I didn't mean to imply you awakened this thread.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Old 2009-05-31, 10:10am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizabeads View Post
At the very least ask Corri how she can let someone advertise that has stolen from so many people.
That's what I've been wondering. I can't believe people are still waiting on glass to fulfill their prepaid membership. How long has this been going on now? Two years? I've lost track.

Goodness.....it's been over 2 1/2 years now.

Old 2009-06-02, 7:24am

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
That's what I've been wondering. I can't believe people are still waiting on glass to fulfill their prepaid membership. How long has this been going on now? Two years? I've lost track.

Goodness.....it's been over 2 1/2 years now.
Yes, can you believe it? It is time to step up and put a stop to those ripping us and our friends off.

Old 2009-06-24, 10:31am

So Liza, did you like the free glass I sent you? How's it working for you?
Didn't get a thank you note. I guess this must be it.

So nice to see you're still posting......

Regarding prepaid memberships: Just FYI:
Glass trade outs have been extended to members who have become tired of waiting and are no longer wanting to participate. It's so thoughtful of you to be still be so interested in the inner workings of the club when you've not been a member for ever-so long....

If you'd like to know more of the facts, just call me at 786.293.1987. I'd be happy to discuss it. I won't be following this thread, though....frankly I stumbled on it quite by accident while looking for something else.

I can't believe it's even still out here, or that people are continuing to sputter out misinformation.

Have a lovely day.
Old 2009-06-24, 10:34am
Storm Queen

Maybe firelady should go read those Aura threads...

Old 2009-06-24, 11:32am

Quote:
Originally Posted by firelady View Post

Glass trade outs have been extended to members who have become tired of waiting and are no longer wanting to participate. It's so thoughtful of you to be still be so interested in the inner workings of the club when you've not been a member for ever-so long....

If you'd like to know more of the facts, just call me at 786.293.1987. I'd be happy to discuss it. I won't be following this thread, though....frankly I stumbled on it quite by accident while looking for something else.

I can't believe it's even still out here, or that people are continuing to sputter out misinformation.

Have a lovely day.
Marcie I didn't know that you were offering other glass as a trade! That is a great idea! I was thinking at GAS that offering other glass might help but it wasn't my place to bring it up. Hopefully it makes every one happy and puts this thread to rest!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-06-24, 12:02pm
moth to the flame

I can't believe what I just read. I never thought I'd see the day...

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-06-24, 1:28pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadMaven View Post
I can't believe what I just read. I never thought I'd see the day...
What she said ... ROFLMAO

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2009-06-24, 2:43pm

Yes! Which day?
The day when my website Company Policy stated:

"Lauscha New Color Club Glass can be exchanged for the same quantity of another color. Cash refunds will not be given."

That day arrived at least two years ago now.

However, that's not the same thing as the prepaid members situation, so lets address that in black & white as well.

If a prepaid member wants to trade out their glass, they are entitled to however many pounds of glass they paid for. Assuming they want to trade out club colors, it's pound for pound. BUT....if they want to trade for a lower priced color, then they trade out dollar for dollar, which is much better for them.

This has been in effect for....well, almost forever.....as soon as it became apparent that Lauscha wasn't really able to deliver on the originally agreed upon schedule.

Hope that clears THAT up!
Old 2009-06-24, 3:08pm

Just in case it's not clear enough, when I say "trade out their glass" I am referring to trading out the balance of the prepay....THE GLASS THAT THEY PAID FOR BUT HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED. The glass they paid for in advance. They can trade out however many dollars worth or pounds worth that equals what they paid for and have not received. That's been the policy. For a long time.

Please, oh please, let that be perfectly clear, because that's the reality of the tragedy and there you go.....
Old 2009-06-24, 3:40pm

Quote:

Have a lovely day.
OMG!! You have the biggest set of gonads I've ever seen on one lady! First of all... it took what a year or more to get the clear glass that "YOU" offered me. I never asked for it. I DID send you a thank you. But I guess that went to the old site and I didn't have access to the new one. I honestly don't think you deserved a thank you after the way you have done people on here. I haven't even tried the glass yet. Kinda scared to. I just wish Lauscha would come on here and tell the truth about you and the COTM. It's not my place to tell what REALLY happened. But I will say that what you are telling is not the half of it. The "No Refund" policy was put into effect AFTER I demanded my money back. So that was a little over a year into the club.
You said two years ago you would no long respond in this thread or keep up with it. So I guess that is not true either.
What you have done is illegal, it's stealing and you should pay these people back with money! You didn't take trades to be a member. I have EVERY right to be commenting in this thread and about this club. I was an original member who figured you out in the first six months. I will continue to post in this thread until I know that each and every person that wants a refund gets it. How many members do you have now? Not that I would believe anything that crosses your lips. What exactly are you referring to about "Misinformation"? I think the only "Misinformation" in this thread is from you!

Old 2009-06-24, 3:44pm

Quote:
Just in case it's not clear enough, when I say "trade out their glass" I am referring to trading out the balance of the prepay....THE GLASS THAT THEY PAID FOR BUT HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED. The glass they paid for in advance. They can trade out however many dollars worth or pounds worth that equals what they paid for and have not received. That's been the policy. For a long time.

Please, oh please, let that be perfectly clear, because that's the reality of the tragedy and there you go.....
Oh what is the tragedy? Perhaps you are flat broke? You spent these peoples money and now have none to offer back? Hmmm that makes sense to me.

Old 2009-06-24, 3:47pm

Oh in case anyone wants to check and see when the "NO REFUND" was put on her web site I'm sure you can use the WayBack machine to search for it. It will show the dates it was changed and what was changed.

Old 2009-06-25, 8:14pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Maybe firelady should go read those Aura threads...
Maybe....isn't that where the laws about "30 day" deliverys or refunds are? Technically (and legally) shouldn't folks be getting refunds 30 days *after* their scheduled monthly shipments don't arrive EACH MONTH? So, wouldn't that mean that NOW, every NON-SHIPPED color would BE REFUNDABLE if it was PRE-PAID?.....
(despite the "no refunds" policy on the website....because they're ALL more than 30 days late....so....by *law* they've got to be refunded, right?)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-06-26, 8:12am
I'm a lilac!

Yes, the "no refunds" policy is absolutely illegal. If a merchant cannot ship the promised product within 30 days of the mutually-agreed shipping date, they MUST offer a refund. It is Federal law.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm

Old 2009-06-26, 9:27am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Yes, the "no refunds" policy is absolutely illegal. If a merchant cannot ship the promised product within 30 days of the mutually-agreed shipping date, they MUST offer a refund. It is Federal law.

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus02.shtm
Generally speaking, this is true; however, this is not a blanket policy, and there are exceptions regarding shipping delays. Additionally, there are exemptions from this rule, such as subscriptions with serial deliveries provided the initial delivery complies with the rule. To the best of my recollection, everyone was kept informed of delays with the initial shipment in compliance with this rule.

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2009-06-26, 12:07pm

I'm fairly sure that with such subscriptions you *cannot* change the rules halfway through the subscription. IE: if people signed up & paid BEFORE the "no refunds" policy was posted on the subscriptions page, then they are NOT subject to that rule & if they ask for a refund of their full subscription price, they're entitled to it (by law) & not under the NEW "no refunds" policy held to "new members" who may have signed up under the NEW rules. Those members should also have been notified by email, by a warning/notice on the site, of the date such rules would change/go into effect & been told HOW to request a refund or "unsubscribe" from the subscription, & been given their refunds IN FULL & IN KIND (ie, if paid in cash, refunded in cash, if paid in credit card, refunded in credit card) BEFORE the "new rules" went into effect. That is standard business practice with any type of "subscription" program where the rules/deliverys/prices/standards change.

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2009-06-26, 1:53pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee View Post
Generally speaking, this is true; however, this is not a blanket policy, and there are exceptions regarding shipping delays. Additionally, there are exemptions from this rule, such as subscriptions with serial deliveries provided the initial delivery complies with the rule. To the best of my recollection, everyone was kept informed of delays with the initial shipment in compliance with this rule.
You're right; it looks like subscriptions are exempt after the first delivery, and that there is no FTC rule covering subscriptions, but that they are dependent on state governance.

It's unfortunate that there is no federal protection for subscription consumers, and equally unfortunate that the lampworking community should have to rely on the law to enforce ethical business practices.

Old 2009-06-26, 7:04pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
You're right; it looks like subscriptions are exempt after the first delivery, and that there is no FTC rule covering subscriptions, but that they are dependent on state governance.

It's unfortunate that there is no federal protection for subscription consumers, and equally unfortunate that the lampworking community should have to rely on the law to enforce ethical business practices.
What does it say for "Club Memberships" or "Dues" ?
The whole thing in a nutshell is that she should have paid for the glass from lauscha so that we would have our "Monthly" glass. Robbing Peter to pay Paul is not the way to run a business. Using "Subscription" money to go to lauscha is not recommended either. I could go on but I won't. Shame someone else didn't start this club and run it because I'm sure it could have be a very lucretive business if done correctly.

Old 2009-06-28, 9:15pm

Bumb