Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-06-29, 6:46am

Default Help making a cross!

I have seen a mandrel for making a cross, but can't find it again for the life of me...does anyone know who sells them?

I have also heard there is a press that can make/assist in making a cross...anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-06-29, 7:02am
Fire Borne

Amy (www.zooziis.com) has a cool cross press and it really doesn't look that hard to use. I have it on my short list. I've made a couple just on a regular mandrel and they weren't bad. But the press gives it great shape and definition.

pat
Old 2005-06-29, 7:32am

Pat, I don't have a press, yet...Thanks for thinking of me though

But inpsiration tool works sells the mandrels.

I have made crosses by making a barrel bead on a regular mandrel. Then take the rod of glass and stick it to one side of the barrel, and cut with my nippers. Heat and shape with my hand tool, then the same for the other side. It worked pretty well.

Good luck.

Amy

My Daughter and Husband Wrote a book.

The Car Catch-all...the most useful non-lampworking item ever!
Old 2005-06-29, 7:46am
Fire Borne

Oh boy! Do I feel stupid! I just had "cross" on my list. Among others!!!!!

pat
Old 2005-06-29, 5:50pm

Don't feel stupid Pat...I can make you anything you want

Old 2005-06-29, 7:15pm
Fire Borne

Can you make me a size 8 again with long, shiny chestnut hair and sparkling green eyes? No? Well then, I do think a cross press would be a good idea!

But I did have an idea as I was thinking today. Why couldn't you offer changeable tops for one of your presses? Take your most popular tab say and then offer matching sized tops that have symbols in them. Such as a cross, heart, star, moon, "X", "O", whatever might be popular. Does that make sense?

pat
Old 2005-06-29, 8:37pm

That does make sense and I've had another request for a similar thing...I'm thinking over how best to do it...It won't be until I get back from the Gathering...I'm pretty out straight with that, and the new tools I'm about to release...So, I need to stay focussed, and do what I do well, and not spread myself too thin. Feel free to email, or PM me your ideas!

Old 2005-07-01, 4:52pm

Thank you for your help, I found the mandrel that I was looking for...but I am very interested to see what others used to make there crosses...I swear it looked like a press

I saw them on the gallery one day...but have gone back looking and can't find if for the life of me!!!

If anyone else knows...I would love to know!!

Old 2005-07-02, 1:46pm
Your Royal Fritness

Cattwalk just came out with the Versacube Press. Here's is Catt's Website http://cattwalk.com

Here are a few of my first attempts with the press. I really love it.

Have a great 4th of July! Dawn
Attached Images

Old 2005-07-03, 5:11pm

Thank you so much...that is exactly the one I was looking for...maybe it was your post that made me crave this press...I was talking about it at work and I know have orders...I hope my first ones turn out half as nice as yours!

I can't wait for it to arrive.

Old 2005-07-03, 6:17pm
Your Royal Fritness

Glad I could help. Catt has super fast shipping!

Have a Wonderful 4th of July! Dawn