Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-01-31, 6:39pm
The Venerable Bead

this one is for me
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2009-02-01, 3:14am
glass-a-delic

Oh maan! this was one the best show&tell I've seen so far!

Old 2009-02-01, 5:05am
boro color bender

Awesome! Great start to the new year! Thanks everybody for sharing your amazing work with me.

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2009-02-01, 9:50am

This was a great month of S&T. I have been so lax in telling you how much I've enjoyed the show ;-D I'll try to keep up next month.
Kudos to one and all.

Old 2009-02-02, 4:02pm
Mummy to 3 Little Elves

After putting torching on the backburner for almost a year (pun intended) I got back into it and finally lit my new Redrocket a couple of weeks ago (boy, what a difference from the Redmax when you're not used to torching in a while!). Anyway, I haven't touched any of my soft glass but got stuck back into Boro when I get the chance (mainly weekend time). Here is a heart that I made last night. I really like it. I am sure that things will improve as I PPP more and I also just received the new Smiley DVD today (can't wait to watch it this weekend) so that should help!

Old 2010-01-09, 1:41pm
Glass-a-holic

Wow lots of amazing work in here, so many skills to aspire to !! Im trying to work with boro more and to work off mandrel so here are my two most recent experiments a small implosion pendant and a spinner ring -

Old 2010-01-09, 8:16pm
Bliss Junkie

right month, wrong year...

Karma, it's everywhere your going to be...

GTT Cricket and Carlisle CC w/ a lot of tanked oxygen
Old 2010-01-10, 10:33am

I started looking through this thread and was thinking how did I miss all these postings then I come to the end. right month, wrong year. Oh well didn't see them last year either.
Old 2010-01-10, 2:56pm
I need more boro stuff

OMG! You guys made amazing stuff already.

Old 2010-01-11, 6:58am
Pyromaniac

This reminds me of the old Levi's commercials... "you're a year too late"

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2010-01-11, 1:27pm
I need more boro stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb tarry View Post
I started looking through this thread and was thinking how did I miss all these postings then I come to the end. right month, wrong year. Oh well didn't see them last year either.
Oops!

No wonder, I was thinking how could I didn't see this thread before...

Old 2010-01-12, 5:14am
boro color bender

I love it when this happens... so stinkin funny!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-01-12, 10:02am
Pyromaniac

Yeah I was thinking where have I been? I missed this great thread, and then I realized it was from last year! Anyway fun to see again . . .

Sexy Barracuda and Mirage

Old 2010-01-17, 10:04pm
Torchaholic ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
some more water globes

These are so so cool! WOW!
Old 2010-01-20, 9:33pm
Megan's personal Sherpa

Totally awesome work! I posted these in the gallery but wanted to put them with their fellows too! Boro is so great to do off mandrel work! The vessel was actually done on the end of a mandrel........I'm excited because it actually came OFF the mandrel! First successful vessel to date! Score: Mandrels with fancy vessel ends - 2, cracked vessels - 1, actual vessels that can be worn.......1!

Flinging flaming frit at friends for fun!

Deb
Old 2010-01-21, 2:37pm

damn, Jan 2009 rocked.