No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-07-20, 10:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by afina View Post
Angela, Ornela is known as Czech Glass in the US, its COE is about 104, only the striking colors have a different COE. As far as i have learned so far, Jodelglass and Check Glass carry it. Check Glass also writes the COE of each color. Beware of the topas, the striking colors (beautiful, just don't encase!) and the black.
You find the ivory here e.g.: http://www.checkglass.com/soda-lime/.../prod_169.html

This Ivory doesn't react with silver, but it makes this pinkish-lines when put over itself or used with e.g. Reichenbach.
Verena
Verena, Thanks for all the info and links on where to buy.
Someone did give me a Czech glass rod years ago because she didn't like it. She did say not to encase it and it is a striking color.
I only used it once on clear since I didn't know anything about it. It's a very pale rod, that turns pinkish/red transparent color. I'll see if I can find the COE of it on one of the above sites.
Thanks again,
Angela

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-20, 10:31pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiner View Post
Rebecca, those beads are gorgeous! Can you or anyone else tell me what new violet that is? Is it Moretti or Vetrofond? EDP and I have a hate hate relationship going on right now!

Cheryl
Cheryl, I'm with you and EDP. But! I don't know how old your EDP is. I recently read that the newer EDP is much more stable and has less divit.

Still, I dug out an old rod to try with my new torch, instead of the HH. I must say it brough out some beautiful shades of violet, and even some pale auqa. Very pretty and a total surprise. And no divit! (shock!)

Oh, and I do love the New Violet by Effetre. Hm... well it was New when I bought it, a few years ago. Ha-ha. Do you have that? I can dig up the number if you want.

FWIW,
Angela

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-07-21, 3:22pm

'Passing the flame" shows the big triangle dot thing going on.It basically is the size and the placement of the dots that is the key.

Old 2018-12-30, 10:50am

Some things are just to classic to not bring up again!
Bump!
Old 2019-02-02, 3:13pm
Formally ZiggyS

Default Blast From the Past!

Absolutely!!! Hey Jenfire, I'm Ziggys. (I hated to start again with a new name but could not remember my old log-in info.) This sure brings back great memories!

Also love the timing because I'm this: > < close to getting a new "studio" of sorts set up to melt glass in. In fact I rented the apartment I'm in now simply because it had a garage.
How about you?
Old 2019-02-04, 2:43am

Hi AngelaS
I bought the house I am in with the deciding factor being the garage I can work in! I so understand! Been working slowly since October to get the shop and torch set up again. Easing back into the world of glass. I really is my happy place.
Old 2019-02-04, 6:43am

Jenfire .. thanks for bumping it up. Wow ... great info and inspiration.

Candy ... you link still works after all these years and what wonderful info.
I might actually get where I "like" dot beads. LOL

Old 2019-03-20, 11:38am
Formally ZiggyS

Jenfire, We are on very similar paths! I finally lit my old Mini CC torch for the first time in over a decade if this thread is any indication, night before last!
I'm already thinking about how I can bring everything indoors so that I don't die of heat during the summer months. Little does my landlord know. (You're lucky you own your own home.
Are you set up now?
Old 2019-03-20, 11:43am
Formally ZiggyS

I'm also unwrapping all my old glass rods that was packed away forever and feel like a child at Christmas! I didn't write the names of all my glass colors on the rods so it's fun to try and figure out what they are and what they do all over again!
Old 2019-04-01, 4:56am

I also didn't do a great job writing down the exact names of the glass colors I used in the past. It was kind of frustrating trying to figure them out later on again. haha