Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2014-03-28, 6:21pm

Default Program Bead Colors

I removed the thread about program bead colors and I feel that an explanation is due. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings and I checked in with the home office first.
Here's the deal. The specific program color beads are manufactured for us to a certain specification. The maker does these beads only for us and it gives us consistency across the program for these special beads. Having artists trying to match colors and sizes tends to muddy the water. We really need the big Act of Courage beads that the kids love so much and give the artists the freedom to make what they love best.
The other reason is to protect the integrity of our program. There are groups out there that try to copy Beads of Courage right down to our program beads. The best way to slow this down is to not publish the specifics of that segment of our program. We learned this lesson the hard way some years ago. That's the reason that you don't find our current color chart on the web site.
I hope that this explains things. We really do appreciate all that you do for Beads of Courage!
Robert

Last edited by RSimmons; 2014-03-29 at 9:32am.
Old 2014-03-28, 10:46pm

Sorry about that. My intentions were good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-03-29, 9:30am

Hi Irene,
I know that you had good intentions. This issue pops up now and then and it has been a while since we talked about it. If you hadn't seen it before there's no way you would have known.
Thanks much,
Robert